The OFFICIAL Yamaholics thread.

bigfatmonkeyboy

• Replies 2.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Quote Originally Posted by aliensporebomb

View Post

A friend of mine has an Image Custom, also in red. There's a switch that turns on LED position markers on the guitar - fun for playing in a dark room or for live atmosphere. I've only ever seen his and this one - they must not have made too many.

At least 2 biggrin.gif

• Members

Quote Originally Posted by Yarbicus

View Post

What do all the switches do?

The mini-switch closest to the bridge turns the active circuit on/off, and there's an LED right next to it to indicate if it's in active mode.

The next two are coil splits, neck and bridge respectively.

The controls are just one Vol. and one Tone, and the last gold knob is the mid-boost, which only works in active mode. 3-way mini-toggle.

The switch for the neck LEDs is where most guitars' input jack is located, and the input is recessed under the maple top. Works great with straight and angled cable ends.

One very well thought out and useful feature is that the guitar still works in passive mode even if the battery dies or is removed.

• Members

Quote Originally Posted by aliensporebomb

View Post

... There's a switch that turns on LED position markers on the guitar - fun for playing in a dark room or for live atmosphere....

This is the feature that draws the women - they seem to like blinky lights 'n such. Totally_jammin_out.gif

Perfect for Stoner Rock! cool.gif

• Members

Quote Originally Posted by Moot

View Post

Some quick and dirty iPhone pics of my new Image Custom! It's from 1989.

3ee4e0d0.jpg

7ee66044.jpg

c96ea73a.jpg

It took a lot of cleaning and care, but it's a great guitar with cool options and a variety of tones; the active boost comes in handy for the single-coil sounds.

I was able to drop the action lower than I prefer without buzzes or drop-outs. Bending is a breeze thanks to its 24.75" length (and some Gorgomite!)

This will likely become my grab-n-go guitar. Very comfy neck. The vibrato works well with no tuning issues, not that I use it much. I've heard complaints about low sustain with these guitars, but mine sustains a normal amount, I'd say. More than most strats.

I'll get better pics tomorrow.

Still looking for any info on these H.I.P.S. pickups!

Wow! this is really different. Nice one, Moot! thumb.gif

• Members

I don't know if this was discussed already, but I can't go thru 40+ pages....

I was reading an import guitar magazine last night and I thought this was a really cool guitar.
yamaha 611hfm
http://www.musicradar.com/gear/all/g...-486392/review
I love the hum+p90 setup, the look with the rootbeer finish.
It's too bad the US are only allowed to import in cheap electric yamaha guitars.
Anybody played or owns one?

• Members

Quote Originally Posted by megaboogie

View Post

I don't know if this was discussed already, but I can't go thru 40+ pages....

That's ALL we talked about in the first 40 pages! j/k wink.gif

That 611hfm does look mighty cool!

http://www.musicradar.com/gallery/re...-611hfm-486392

It is a HUGE shame we can't get their better stuff. Does anybody know why that is, exactly? Is it a legal thing or does Yamaha feel they wouldn't sell?

• Members

View Post

It is a HUGE shame we can't get their better stuff. Does anybody know why that is, exactly? Is it a legal thing or does Yamaha feel they wouldn't sell?

After offering better alternatives at half the price and see pople still walk out the store with the other brand, they first shook their head, then their shoulder, then they gave up.

• Members

View Post

It's a perception thing. During the 90's Yamaha was kicking ass and taking names with the quality of the RGX and Pacifica lines. Kids would play them, and buy a plywood Ibanez or Squier because their artist rosters were cooler.

• Members

Quote Originally Posted by Flogger59

View Post

It's a perception thing. During the 90's Yamaha was kicking ass and taking names with the quality of the RGX and Pacifica lines. Kids would play them, and buy a plywood Ibanez or Squier because their artist rosters were cooler.

Yup. When was at Musician's Friend, I actually resisted getting Fender because I knew what would happen to my beloved Yamaha.

• Members

View Post

Geez, it must have been a long month for you. Nice axe!

Are those Q100's in your Weddington? I had no idea Yamaha used them in anything other than their AES-1500s.

A big congratulations to you! And just in time for the weekend!

They used them in the AES-800's as well.

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcTgv2-x3VH7PgLF3_pqp2p

• Members

Quote Originally Posted by Dmerge

View Post

They used them in the AES-800's as well.

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcTgv2-x3VH7PgLF3_pqp2p

Wow, I've never seen this model, actually. It's gorgeous.

I love the pickguard - classic retro 50's. Thanks for posting that!

I didn't like the Q100's in my AES-1500. Too ratty in that guitar, but I can see them being great in a solidbody.

I should build a Warmoth guitar around them.... A Warmaha? A Yamamoth?

• Members

Both are really nice. I used to have two 311's a few years ago (natural and orange)....I see the bridge pickup is changed, what did you put in there????

Quote Originally Posted by jjpistols

View Post

Added another Pacifica to my world.

0413e5c4.jpg

75ed69a2.jpg

7e5b4bdd.jpg

f04b97c6.jpg

Yup that makes two

c084e397.jpg

And a bee butt.

3a12ace5.jpg

Archived