Liberalism is a mental disorder.

dragon9666

• Replies 282
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

So when is some California / Berklyite going to condemn the Genocide conducted by General William Sherman on his march to Georgia over a 100 years ago? ? ? :poke:

(It's sarcasm... I know a lot of you don't get that from time to time, so i figured I'd better explain!) :freak:

:D

• Members

If your plan for invading a country that's guilty of genocide hinges entirely on the support of another country that's guilty of genocide then maybe you need a new plan

"hinges entirely" might be a little strong plus no one could have forseen a US congress so willing to cut off it's nose to spite it's face.

• Members

Your analogy is poor considering that would be like condemning the current South African government for actions of a completely different government and generation. I hate to be a thread killer, but would you also hold the current generation and government of Germany accountable for the atrocities of the 30's and 40's? While they don;t have the greatest relationship with the Kurds, the current Turkish government is a very strong democratic and more importantly secular government that has nothing to do with what happened 100 years ago.

No, your analogy is poor, since at least both the South African and German governments subsequently stopped their abuses.

• Members
I take it my George Bush impression didn't come off correctly over the intarwebz.
:cry:

No, we got it. Its just not that funny or interesting.
My college biochemisry teacher says nucular.
One of my best friends, is a biochemist. He spent 6 years in the navy on a nuclear aircraft carrier. He still says nucular.
It is simply a very commonly mispronounced word for what ever reason. Who cares?

• Members

Do you really want to be doing business with them, given their cavalier attitude towards human rights?

For people (and I'm not necessarily referring to you in particular) who claim a humanitarian motive for going into Iraq, to then claim we should appease a country that is demonstrably guilty of the worst kind of barbarism, is intellectually dishonest.

I absolutely want to be there. It's been said that if we had chosen to handle the Iraq situation by doing this kind of stuff, Iraq would be much better off now and the level of hatred that some have for us would be at a much lower level. If you think about it, it's the most effective aid that we can send them -- it forms a completely symbiotic relationship with the two countries while leaving the respective governments as far away from the situation as is humanly possible. This whole political thing can throw a huge wrench into it big time though.

• Members

If your plan for invading a country that's guilty of genocide hinges entirely on the support of another country that's guilty of genocide then maybe you need a new plan

If we only allied ourselves with 'pure' minded nations we would be {censored}ing alone.

Nearly every country has times and events that are now considered shameful. By them and/or us.

You seem to have no grasp on the situation over there, do you? This is clearly another dumacrat way to throw a wrench into the US war machine. Why else would they pull such a stunt? This effects our efforts there. Those are US efforts but they want to find another way to {censored} on the current adminstration because they are blinded by their hatred. This party of 'compassion' has become the party of gloom doom and disaster and hatred.

• Members
So when is some California / Berklyite going to condemn the Genocide conducted by General William Sherman on his march to Georgia over a 100 years ago? ? ? :poke:

(It's sarcasm... I know a lot of you don't get that from time to time, so i figured I'd better explain!)
:freak:

:D

That won't happen. They were dumb southern reberls!

• Moderators
No, we got it. Its just not that funny or interesting.

My college biochemisry teacher says nucular.

One of my best friends, is a biochemist. He spent 6 years in the navy on a nuclear aircraft carrier. He still says nucular.

It is simply a very commonly mispronounced word for what ever reason. Who cares?

Um. You must have missed the memo that lug and I were joking with each other.;)

• Members

If we only allied ourselves with 'pure' minded nations we would be {censored}ing alone.

Nearly every country has times and events that are now considered shameful. By them and/or us...

This pragmatic philosophy doesn't seem to jive well with the whole 'Saddam was worse than Hitler' reason for invading Iraq.

• Moderators
No,
your
analogy is poor, since at least both the South African and German governments subsequently stopped their abuses.

My analogys destroyed yours. Unless you can point out that the decidedly secular Turkish government is somehow currently involved in Armenian genocide you don't have a leg to stand on.

• Members

This pragmatic philosophy doesn't seem to jive well with the whole 'Saddam was worse than Hitler' reason for invading Iraq.

Sure it does.

The significant difference was that sodom was not only an evil guy but he was a threat to the region.

The oil filled region.

Our history is replete with instances where we have done business with countries who have less than stellar human rights records.

• Members
My analogys destroyed yours. Unless you can point out that the decidedly secular Turkish government is somehow currently involved in Armenian genocide you don't have a leg to stand on.

Sorry, chap, but you're way off the mark here. Whether or not the 'the decidedly secular Turkish government is somehow currently involved in Armenian genocide' has precisely {censored}-all to do with the price of tea in China :wave:

• Moderators
Sorry, chap, but you're way off the mark here. Whether or not the 'the decidedly secular Turkish government is somehow currently involved in Armenian genocide' has precisely {censored}-all to do with the price of tea in China
:wave:

It has "precisely {censored}-all" with what you are arguing. What genocide is the Turkish government currently involved in and why on earth would they be committing atrocities for tea? Turks are famous for their coffee.

Archived