Liberalism is a mental disorder.

dragon9666

• Members
Your right, I almost forgot he's an idiot monkey with an evil genius brain trying to take over the world and does things "for the oil" and trys to kill all the black people with hurricanes whilst placing them in the highest positions of government though they aren't qualified because he's a racist that's trying to let all the illegal's in for free while stupidly going it alone in Iraq and foolishly insisting on a coalition for N. Korea and killing Iraqi cililians for fun whilst trying to foil the good the outragous amounts of aid he sends to Africa while starting up the draft again....and having a 90 IQ, the bastard!
:mad:

He is part of the conspiracy, you know... Just taking orders from some other higher power.

• Replies 282
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Um, his poll numbers have fallen since the day he got elected, save a brief time after 9/11. He has "stayed the course" in Iraq despite heavy opposition (even before the 2004 election), opposed stem cell research despite heavy opposition, faced intense scrutiny over supreme court nominees, done practically nothing about the border between the US and Mexico (much to the dismay of his most loyal backers) and stuck by an embattled Defense Secretary for literally years in spite of the "popularity" it cost him. I could continue with more examples of Bush sticking to what he thinks is right, but that would do little to advance the clear notion that you are ignorant of the current American President. Bush can be called many things. {censored} is not one of them.

You're confusing courage with poor judgement

• Members

Turkey has an abysmal human rights record and some very questionable practises (press freedom is a joke there, and Kurdish language and culture was outlawed until recently) as for having aspirations to join the EU, but refusing to officially recognise one of the member states... like, what?

They always expect everything to go their way, and themselves to be exceptions to the rule. They're the spoiled brat of international politics. They get a little meaningless rap on the knuckles and start crying, while they have 35,000 troops stationed not 10km away from where I currently sit, propping up a puppet-state they created on
MY
inheritance.

'We might offend them' well big deal. It's time for them to grow up. If the US wants to be taken seriously as a protector of freedom and human rights, they'd better call their own allies on it too. Would you really want an ally who would react in a ridiculous manner over something symbolic? Most of the civilised world calls what happened ethnic clensing and genocide (let's see, 1.5 million people forced to leave their homes and die in the desert, I think that qualifies), they got all huffy and puffy about it for a while then shut up. That's what's going to happen now, they rely on US support an awful lot as well.

Germany and Japan have gone through a long process of acknowledging and coming to terms with what they committed in WWII. So I don't see why Turkey shouldn't.

I don't think anyone here disagrees with you on the topic. Many of us question the timing and motivations of those perpetrating the resolution.

The fact is, we depend on Turkey for military support in the region not to mention flyover rights. And it would be better to have them with us not against us. It also appears to me the Turks are using this resolution to further their political and military aims in the region, specicifically against the Kurds. We have also promised the Kurds support which puts us in a precarious position.

If this becomes a further escalation of conflict in the area it won't bode well for anyone, not just the US and Iraq.

• Members

I don't think anyone here disagrees with you on the topic. Many of us question the timing and motivations of those perpetrating the resolution.

The fact is, we depend on Turkey for military support in the region not to mention flyover rights. And it would be better to have them with us not against us. It also appears to me the Turks are using this resolution to further their political and military aims in the region, specicifically against the Kurds. We have also promised the Kurds support which puts us in a precarious position.

If this becomes a further escalation of conflict in the area it won't bode well for anyone, not just the US and Iraq.

Plus the resolution gains us exactly nothing as a country that I can find or anyone else for that matter.

• Members

I didn't approve or indict his actions as either of the above, but as usual when you are presented factual damning evidence to your position, you simply twist in the wind.

Umm...what now? You rattled off a list of daft things that Bush has done. None of which disproves my assertion that he lacks courage of conviction. It merely demonstrates that he's unable to see that's he's wrong.

• Members

Mental health care....

Falling numbers of state dentists in England has led to some people taking extreme measures, including extracting their own teeth, according to a new study released Monday.

Others have used superglue to stick crowns back on, rather than stumping up for private treatment, said the study. One person spoke of carrying out 14 separate extractions on himself with pliers.

More typically, a lack of publicly-funded dentists means that growing numbers go private: 78 percent of private patients said they were there because they could not find a National Health Service (NHS) dentist, and only 15 percent because of better treatment.

"This is an uncomfortable read for all of us, and poses serious questions to politicians from patients," said Sharon Grant of the Commission for Patient and Public Involvement in Health.

Overall, six percent of patients had resorted to self-treatment, according to the survey of 5,000 patients in England.

Dentists are also concerned about the trend.

Fifty-eight percent said new dentists' contracts introduced last year had made the quality of care worse, while 84 percent thought they had failed to make it easier for patients to find care.

Almost half of all dentists -- 45 percent -- said they no longer take NHS patients, while 41 percent said they had an "excessive" workload. Twenty-nine percent said their clinic had problems recruiting or retaining dentists.

"These findings indicate that the NHS dental system is letting many patients down very badly," said Grant.

• Members

Umm...what now? You rattled off a list of daft things that Bush has done. None of which disproves my assertion that he lacks courage of conviction. It merely demonstrates that he's unable to see that's he's wrong.

I don't think that lack of courage to do what he thinks is right has ever been a knock on Bush. In fact, he's shown time and time again that he's not willing to bass his actions on popular opinion. How is that not courage of conviction?

• Members

Mental health care....

Falling numbers of state dentists in England has led to some people taking extreme measures, including extracting their own teeth, according to a new study released Monday.

Others have used superglue to stick crowns back on, rather than stumping up for private treatment, said the study. One person spoke of carrying out 14 separate extractions on himself with pliers.

More typically, a lack of publicly-funded dentists means that growing numbers go private: 78 percent of private patients said they were there because they could not find a National Health Service (NHS) dentist, and only 15 percent because of better treatment.

"This is an uncomfortable read for all of us, and poses serious questions to politicians from patients," said Sharon Grant of the Commission for Patient and Public Involvement in Health.

Overall, six percent of patients had resorted to self-treatment, according to the survey of 5,000 patients in England.

Dentists are also concerned about the trend.

Fifty-eight percent said new dentists' contracts introduced last year had made the quality of care worse, while 84 percent thought they had failed to make it easier for patients to find care.

Almost half of all dentists -- 45 percent -- said they no longer take NHS patients, while 41 percent said they had an "excessive" workload. Twenty-nine percent said their clinic had problems recruiting or retaining dentists.

"These findings indicate that the NHS dental system is letting many patients down very badly," said Grant.

The English don't care about their teeth, rendering this study null and void. :poke:

• Moderators

He lacks a courage of conviction? You really need to bone up on American politics. Clinton was the one who supposedly lacked courage of conviction. He was accused quite often of licking his finger and finding from which way the wind blew. Either way you've presented ZERO facts indicating we have a {censored} for President across the pond. See ya.

• Members

Under the topic of Liberalism is a Mental Disease, I humbly offer the following exhibits...

And may I humbly submit the following exibits...

Jesse Jackson and Al Sharpton ask the burning question, is Obama "black enough".

John Kerry votes for things before he votes against them.

Al Gore, proclaims himself inventor of the internet.

Ted Kennedy, nuff said.

Congressional Black Caucus honors Bill Clinton as the first black president.

Catalina Island. In an attempt to protect endangered native plant species, environmental groups orders removal of all wild goats on the island. 2007 - Catalina Island burns up because no goats are there to keep brush under control. Native plant species destroyed.

2007 - Federal judge orders water cut to 25 million Californians to protect a 3 inch fish.

1991 - California orders MBTE (a known carcinogen) to be indtroduced into gasoline to meet clean air standards. 1999 - California bans MTBE (still a known carcinogen) when it turns up in the drinking water.

January, 2007 - Dems present bill to make ban on ANWR oil drilling permanent. February, 2007 - Dems complain gas prices too high, US too dependent on foreign oil, blame Bush.

I could go on, but I need to get some work done sometime today.

• Moderators
Catalina Island. In an attempt to protect endangered native plant species, environmental groups orders removal of all wild goats on the island. 2007 - Catalina Island burns up because no goats are there to keep brush under control. Native plant species destroyed.

This is actually pretty sad news, but I can't stop laughing. :D

• Members
I don't think that lack of courage to do what he thinks is right has ever been a knock on Bush. In fact, he's shown time and time again that he's not willing to bass his actions on popular opinion. How is that not courage of conviction?

Yes, the alternative was slick willy.

He was constantly paying attention to his poll. :rolleyes:

A real winner he was.

clinton_portrait.jpg

When he wasn't eating babies and killing puppies he was.....

busheatscat2mq6lv.jpg

• Moderators
Hope not, since you've shown yourself unable or unwilling to debate the salient issues
:wave:

You debate from a position of complete weakness, because you have no facts. But that's OK. You've yet again proved you have ZERO. It's not just me. 2 other posters (lug and Emprov) have proven your position to be extremely flawed, as well.

• Members
If I decide to say the Earth is flat, despite all evidence to the contrary, that's not courageous. It's either petulant, stubborn or stupid.

Standing up for what you believe, regardless of how strongly you are supported or opposed, is called conviction. There is no value attached to the issue that a person is passionate about. It is possible for someone to have a high level of conviction and be wrong -- take Gore and his view of what causes global warming for example. :D:wave:

• Members
Standing up for what you believe, regardless of how strongly you are supported or opposed, is called conviction. There is no value attached to the issue that a person is passionate about. It is possible for someone to have a high level of conviction and be wrong -- take Gore and his view of what causes global warming for example.
:D:wave:

:D:D:D

• CMS Author

If I decide to say the Earth is flat, despite all evidence to the contrary, that's not courageous. It's either petulant, stubborn or stupid. I think the second of these epithets is the most applicable to Bush (and, contrary to what the Scottish might have you believe, it's not a trait that's especially desirable or endearing)

You specifically said "courage of conviction". Whether the convictions involved are brilliant or daft is a second point. You have to at least give on that. Argue whether his convictions are stupid, but at least admit he's got 'em.

Archived