Liberalism is a mental disorder.

dragon9666

• Members

riiiiiiiight It's important to get this resolution out condeming our
current
ally Turkey about something that happened during world war
one
while we are in Iraq and utilizing bases there to ferry tons of supplies in despite the fact that Turkey is
very
sensitive over the issue and has had all kinds of diplomatic fiascos with France already. The current congress has already shown it' stripes as far as the war goes, this is just another example of how it's more important to win the political debate than anything having any hint of success leak out before the next election.

Who cares? Why be so bothered about upsetting Turkey? Why's it any of their business, whether or not the US Government considers it a genocide? It's like the people who whinged that Salman Rusdhie's knighthood was a bad thing because it might offend people in Pakistan. Stop being shackled by PC. People don't have the right to NOT be offended.

• Replies 282
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Moderators
Bitch, we're gonna be ballin' like Saudi Arabia when the ethanol industry gets up and running.
:cool::D
:o

Ethanol isn't going anywhere. It's a con job that takes too much effort to extract from the "renewable" resource. Nucular and solar is the best way to go.

• Members
Without a doubt there are wackos on both sides. On the right, making abortion a crime is wacko.

But, the left is populated by far more extreme leftist wackos. :poke:

:lol: Riiiight. You think that's the extent of your wackos? I've never considered anyone pro-abortion as wacko. If you think that's the worst of it, take a closer look. Or maybe just a look, period.

• Members

Ethanol isn't going anywhere. It's a con job that takes too much effort to extract from the "renewable" resource. Nucular and solar is the best way to go.

and by "Nucular and solar is the best way to go" he means Nuclear.

• Members

Who cares? Why be so bothered about upsetting Turkey?

Do you have any idea how much business Turkey's doing with the US? Several US companies have a huge stake in Turkey and its surrounding countries. It's part of an overall effort to give them aid in a non political way.

• Moderators
Who cares? Why be so bothered about upsetting Turkey? Why's it any of their business, whether or not the US Government considers it a genocide? It's like the people who whinged that Salman Rusdhie's knighthood was a bad thing because it might offend people in Pakistan. Stop being shackled by PC. People don't have the right to NOT be offended.

Probably because the Iraq II battle plan had to change before going in because Turkey wouldn't let us do a send off from there. Why even hint at pissing off a country that you desperately need for supplying your troops.:idea:

• Members

I stand a bit left of center on a lot issues, but I have to agree it's really, really stupid to revisit crap that happened 100 years ago when we have plenty of {censored} on on our collective plate to deal with today. Pissing off allies in a very unstable part of the world is {censored}ing dumb....and not what our congess should be spending it's time (and my dime) on. :rolleyes:

• Members
I stand a bit left of center on a lot issues, but I have to agree it's really, really stupid to revisit crap that happened 100 years ago when we have plenty of {censored} on on our collective plate to deal with today. Pissing off allies in a very unstable part of the world is {censored}ing dumb....and not what our congess should be spending it's time (and my dime) on.
:rolleyes:

The above post prooves Liberalism is not a mental disorder......always.

:D

• Members

Do you have any idea how much business Turkey's doing with the US? Several US companies have a huge stake in Turkey and its surrounding countries. It's part of an overall effort to give them aid in a non political way.

Do you really want to be doing business with them, given their cavalier attitude towards human rights?

For people (and I'm not necessarily referring to you in particular) who claim a humanitarian motive for going into Iraq, to then claim we should appease a country that is demonstrably guilty of the worst kind of barbarism, is intellectually dishonest.

• Members
That's the part where classical liberalism (ie The Enlightenment) and the Church tended to disagree. AS do I. humans are little more than uncivilized, unwashed barbarians, and must be taught to do and be good. No one is inherently good. Others will, of course, disagree
:)

The problem is, who gets to decide which ones are the civilised ones and who decides which ones get to "force" the teaching upon the unenlightened?
I think I will decide how to spend MY own money. I dont need Hillary to decide how to spend it FOR me.

• Members

Read the NY Times article.

Turkey is an ally and we need them and their support in the middleast.

How many times have I read it here that our foreign policy is a disaster? Here we have a ridiculous resolution at a most inopportune time.

• Members
The problem is, who gets to decide which ones are the civilised ones and who decides which ones get to "force" the teaching upon the unenlightened?

I think I will decide how to spend MY own money. I dont need Hillary to decide how to spend it FOR me.

Oh you idealist you.

Get ready, 'Her Thighness' will be our next president.

The Great Hitlery Clinton. :rolleyes: :poke:

• Members

Turkey is an ally and we need them and their support in the middleast.

How many times have I read it here that our foreign policy is a disaster? Here we have a ridiculous resolution at a most inopportune time.

Turkey's human rights record is a disaster. Kowtowing to them isn't likely to improve the profile of the US internationally

• Members

this thread ius about to take a serious turn for the worse.
I am primarily a bass player. Ive been professionally for over 25 years. I am bored with it.
I have been hanging out in the electric forum mostly cause electric guitars are new , fresh, an d challenging for me. I just checked out the bass forum here for a goof for the first time in months, and this is not the kinda thread I was hoping to encounter. I have my personal views, but I am so burnt out on the bickering between the parties, and within the parties,m that I cant stand it anymore. It is making me very bitter. I want to talk about music. I need a break from the politics. Especially here.

• Moderators
For people (and I'm not necessarily referring to you in particular) who claim a humanitarian motive for going into Iraq, to then claim we should appease a country that is demonstrably guilty of the worst kind of barbarism, is intellectually dishonest.

Your analogy is poor considering that would be like condemning the current South African government for actions of a completely different government and generation. I hate to be a thread killer, but would you also hold the current generation and government of Germany accountable for the atrocities of the 30's and 40's? While they don;t have the greatest relationship with the Kurds, the current Turkish government is a very strong democratic and more importantly secular government that has nothing to do with what happened 100 years ago.

• Members
Probably because the Iraq II battle plan had to change before going in because Turkey wouldn't let us do a send off from there. Why even hint at pissing off a country that you desperately need for supplying your troops.
:idea:

If your plan for invading a country that's guilty of genocide hinges entirely on the support of another country that's guilty of genocide then maybe you need a new plan

• Members

Shoot, I'm so far Left that I think Ron Paul is the best candidate (available).

My biggest reason for opposing going into Iraq was that the Kurds would allow the Turk/Iraq border to become permiable, and Turkey would fall on the northern border like a ton of bricks (backed up nukes). When that happens, there's going to be a big shuffling of the deck over there, and good relations with the US and EU are the best restraint available.

• Members

I am primarily a bass player. Ive been professionally for over 25 years. I am bored with it.

I have been hanging out in the electric forum mostly cause electric guitars are new , fresh, an d challenging for me. I just checked out the bass forum here for a goof for the first time in months, and this is not the kinda thread I was hoping to encounter. I have my personal views, but I am so burnt out on the bickering between the parties, and within the parties,m that I cant stand it anymore. It is making me very bitter. I want to talk about music. I need a break from the politics. Especially here.

You should stay away from the political threads.

There are plenty of bass related threads here. Enjoy them, they are great and there is a wealth of information to be had.

Now go on...... GIT!

For your own sanity GET OUT NOW!

• CMS Author

But this is a Fender P-bass thread. Didn't you get the encoder ring when you registered???:confused:

Archived