chords

Sly71

• Members

you could try a Cminor 7 chord just using the top 4 thinest strings ,so you would bar with your first finger on the third fret.

in effect though from here all you have to do is add your little finger to the 6th fret of the 5th string and that will give you the full D# chord .

• Members

Learn to play a Bb chord - index finger bars the first fret and use the pad of your ring finger on the B, G and D strings on the 3rd fret.  Once you learn this form you can slide up and down the neck to play Bb, C, C#, D, D#, etc.  and even A and Ab by sliding down and using just the pad of your ring finger.

• Members

You can add the Eb with the pinky as well. You might have ti bar with the index finger but that's pretty comfortable.

You can also do the A shape bar at the 8th fret with the bass on the A string 6th fret or the E string 11th fret.

• Moderators
On 4/23/2020 at 5:52 AM, Mikeo said:

try a capo.:idk:

kind of hard to slap a capo on for one chord in a song, Mikeo :facepalm:

To the OP/Sly71...may we assume you are using an acoustic guitar, [steel string or nylon?] that you are a relative novice, and that you have not mastered barre chords as yet? If so, I think my suggestion will work out for you [moving a D chord up one fret]; although many of the suggestions here are fine[ except the one quoted😜], they may not take into account your skill level, instrument and knowledge.

A D# [sharp] is the same as a Eb [E flat] chord, so moving a D chord a half step [one fret further from the nut] makes the chord a D#

• Members
22 hours ago, DeepEnd said:

Here's another possibility. Fret a C major shape, move it up three frets, and fret the 1st string at the 6th fret with your pinky:

X

Ha! Yor tab is rong.😛 Or upside down.

3 hours ago, DeepEnd said:

In any event, the pinky would be fretting a Bb, not an Eb. The chord would be an Eb though.

All my fingerings have the pinky on the root.

:idk:

• Members
59 minutes ago, 1001gear said:

Ha! Yor tab is rong.😛 Or upside down.

All my fingerings have the pinky on the root.

:idk:

Nope.

Pinky 1st string 6th fret = Bb
Index 2nd string 4th fret = Eb
3rd string open = G
Middle 4th string 5th fret = G
Ring 5th string 6th fret = Eb (root)
6th string unplayed

• Members
21 hours ago, daddymack said:

kind of hard to slap a capo on for one chord in a song, Mikeo :facepalm: . . .

It's possible if not likely the OP is trying to play in a key where D#/Eb is one of the main chords like Eb or Bb. If that's the case using a capo for the whole song isn't out of the question.

18 hours ago, 1001gear said:

Yeah but your C shape has nothing on the bottom E. Oh ok I'm upside down. Nice thirdy sound though. Mine are all root position.

Maybe the OP just couldn't reach some specific D#.

If you want something for the low E string you can move a C/G form up three frets:

X

1st string unplayed
Index 2nd string 4th fret = Eb/D#
3rd string open = G
Middle 4th string 5th fret = G
Pinky 5th string 6th fret = Eb/D#
Ring 6th string 6th fret = Bb/A#

Easier than fretting the 6th string at the 3rd fret short of a barre chord, at least for me.

Archived