What happened to the forum?

Neal

6 minutes ago, Glenn F said:

Looks like you'll have to do something in the registration process to block the spammers. It took me a few tries to get here, btw.

Unfortunately, it has been my experience across multiple platforms and many, many years of moderating websites that nothing remains effective for long against spammers. They come up with something new to impede them, then the spammers come up with a way to get around it. Measures / countermeasures - same as it’s always been. Still, we keep fighting the good fight, and spam deletion here is actually faster, easier and hopefully more effective in the long run than on the previous software.

You said it took you a few tries to get here. If you don’t mind me asking, what kinds of difficulties and challenges did you encounter? 

• Members

Well, first my bookmarked link didn't work. I thought the site was down for maintenance or shuffled off its mortal coil. It took a couple of times checking again to find the 'Forums' under the 'Browse' menu. I would somehow make the path to the forums more obvious.

• Members

Testing, testing (taps mic) Is this thing on?

Redirects don't work for me and there are a LOT of SPAM threads. Personally I HATE mobile sites. They fall short on functionality and too long on ads. I don't consider myself a dinosaur but for blogging and whatnot give me a full featured laptop over a tablet any day of the week. I hate having to scroll through banners with the risk of accidentally tapping on them.

PS: Gibson puts the bridges on their dreadnoughts backwards. I like how Martin does it better. 😉

(I just had to see if the ;) emoji worked. Why there are two of the same emoji is sort of like how my tween has ADHD: it's extra.)

Archived