Why should a mass produced guitar cost $2000+

EmgEsp

• Members

there is a big difference in Real custom shop guitars. their stable and hold their value. cry once and be done with it. Carvin is a joke! Suhr, Tom Anderson, PRS, Gibson custom:staticphil: Carvin or now kessel? pos! There are some people that can't hear or feel the difference. If that's you than it really doesn't matter. Buy a carvin.

37b09bd65d58597a0d3f8164b4c20df1.thumb.JPG.8dd3816b2417bec94bf2d7eaf05b9b85.JPG

• Replies 349
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

When Anderson finish a guitar it "sits around" at the shop for a week or more after being set up, then gets set up again before shipping. Mine was in-tune when it arrived in NZ from California and hasn't needed more than a seasonal 1/4 turn on the truss rod in the 14 years I've had it. Zero fret wear despite continual playing, plus I never look at other guitars anymore. So worth it for me.

• Members

What do you mean by stable? Also, I don't go into buying a guitar as some kind of investment. I don't plan on selling any of my guitars and even if I do I don't care if they lose their perceived value.

Also, please stop acting like those companies you mentioned don't make lemons of their own. There are plenty of Gibsons and PRS guitars with their fair share of issues from the factory. No guitar company is perfect.

You have a bad experience with Carvin and you damn the company as a whole as if they never make quality instruments. Obviously they must be doing something right given their popularity has risen over the last few years.

You think the late Allan Holdsworth would be playing Carvin/Kiesel if the guitars sucked? That guy was a monster player and I'm sure he wouldn't have tolerated substandard quality.

• Members

That is a Deeeep finish!

Not trying to necessarily jump in, but I'm going to imagine that much like the Dean that Dime would have used, not a signature model, but the real deal, or an ESP that would go live with Hetfield, you can't touch the Carvins Holdsworth Used for under $6-7000. I have no real way of knowing that, it's mere speculation based on every other true artist model out there. Check out the real McCoy MAB Dean's, or KFK Speed V, same thing. They're the cream of the crop, those set aside for the pros and those who Really want the pros gear, and can afford it. Honestly, I have no idea what's actually different, but it apparently triples pricing.

• Members

You think the late Allan Holdsworth would be playing Carvin/Kiesel if the guitars sucked? That guy was a monster player and I'm sure he wouldn't have tolerated substandard quality. End Quote.

I know you're a young guy and a young player. Steve Vai, Allen and Joe are all getting paid, it business as usual. I'm now 60 years old. I've seen guys from back in the 70s that had bought carvin gear. I thought being their now doing the CNC thing that is usually good down to a 1000th of a inch i'd give one a try. But A CNC is only as good as the one programing it. I learned the hard way. You watched the factory tour didn't you? he's a liar and a bullshi- artist. He's listened to Paul Reed Smith and his rap. Some guitar players learned 3 chords and 30 years later they learned nothing new. Some learned to play with great technic and style and feeling. Artist come in different levels, some excel some don't. you can dress up a pig with a nice dress and lip stick but its still a Carvin.

Stable ,not likely to change or fail; firmly established.

of an object or structure) not likely to give way or overturn; firmly fixed. firm · solid · steady · secure · fixed. DOESN'T BUDGE A INCH. Been in the case for a month, you pull it out, its in tune and ready to go.

• Members

You don't need to spend $3K to find a stable guitar.

Most of my guitars were under $1K and I don't have any major tuning issues. I have a blocked floyd in one guitar and locking tuners on my other guitars. They hold their tunings extremely well.

• Members

No - you pay $3K for a perfect guitar and know that there's no chance of it being a lemon. Anderson would rebuild your guitar before letting it go out if they felt it wasn't up to their standard. They eliminate that risk by not making compromises at ANY step.

I can tell that you've never owned one. To be honest I think what you've got is good enough, but don't go around bashing the top of the heap because of it.

• Members

Grant he just doesn't under stand. EMG why are you blocking up your Floyd rose? Grant, I have two Tom Andersons a drop top classic and a Cobra S both perrrrrfect. The guitars are tight. the neck and relief are stable. Set them up and they just stay put. Always play the same and feel the same in any tempeture. All my custom guitars (emg) have settled in and don't move. I remember well when I was a idiot full of ignorance. I listened, I researched and went through a lot of trial and error lol! still do and still learning. When you make it about money you lose it. EMG I think Freeman Keller made you an offer to put a parts caster together for you, level the frets and set it up. You need someone that knows what their doing so you get a great guitars. But it seems like you've made up your mind (brainwashed kind of. Carvin eueeee I believe in Carvin, I dream of a Carvin. The Carvim middle man is waiting for your phone call so he can get his percent of what you buy. that's sales EMG. I bet they have a big turn over in employees

you told Sammy they are semi-custom which is still nicer than just dealing with stock spec'd guitars. you have no clue based on 1 guitar how good or bad it is. in a earlier post you said their all the same in quality. that is ignorance talking. ignorance can be cured stupidly is permanent .

• Members

Bluesmann, I actually played a Kiesel, so its not blind faith.

I block my floyd because I don't do dive bomb stuff, so no sense keeping it floating. I still like the double locking setup for its tuning stability, so I actually prefer Floyd bridges over anything else.

Warmoth only offers bolt-on guitars, I'm specifically looking for a neck-thru design. Not gonna pay $1700 - $1800 just for a bolt-on Superstrat.

Again, you have one bad experience and you totally write them off as a {censored} company. Is that really fair, especially given all the positive feedback in regards to their guitars? Obviously, they are making enough people happy to be able to stick around. If their quality control was really that piss poor then they probably wouldn't be seeing more popularity as they have been the past couple of years. They even won best of Namm 2016 for their guitars. http://www.kieselguitars.com/blog/carvin-guitars-vader-headless-takes-best-in-show/

• Members

Just because you're old doesn't make you wiser. I know a lot of stubborn and ignorant old dudes.

I didn't appreciate you talking down to me from your earlier posts and I still don't appreciate it now. I'm 34 yrs old, not a freaking kid. I have my fair share of experience, so please keep your assumptions to yourself.

• Members

I'm listening Grasshopper. Wisdom comes with time. inexperience with ignorance. like I said, go get your experience . buy some fret files and crowning you're going to need them. setup instruction, neck, action the works if you're lucky. pickups, good night grasshopper :)

• Members

That ES275 is just gorgeous. That is the one guitar I desperately want to own. The first time I ever really paid attention to one was with Steve Howe, and I have been on a quest to find a way to own one since, but that much on a single guitar is hard for me to justify (to my wife that is.)

• Members

I have a local luthier with a Plek machine, so I'm good.

Very few guitars come out of the shop perfect, so I always expect that I'll need to get it professionally setup.

I just don't appreciate you calling me ignorant for being interested in a Kiesel just because your experience with the brand was bad. I've heard horror stories on Gibson guitars, but that didn't stop me from purchasing one. There are always worst case scenarios for every brand. I've seen enough positive feedback in regards to Kiesel quality and I have 1st hand experience with one, so I'm very confident in giving them my money and expecting a quality guitar in return. I'm sorry you take issue with that, but no need to call me ignorant over it. You might not have been happy with your purchase, but thousands of others are.

Archived