Can you upload pics?

Can you upload pics?  

13 members have voted

1. 1. Can you upload pics?

• Members

It's pretty simple just to go to Photobucket.com, upload your pic (which will take five to ten seconds), then click and copy the link wrapped in IMG tags, and paste it here. Whenever I want to post a specific pic here, I just upload it there first. The plus-side is that if you don't want anyone to see that image anymore, you delete it from Photobucket, and it's gone from everywhere you posted it.

This is just an observation/suggestion. I've rarely uploaded photos directly to here.

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members
It's pretty simple just to go to Photobucket.com, upload your pic (which will take five to ten seconds), then click and copy the link wrapped in IMG tags, and paste it here. Whenever I want to post a specific pic here, I just upload it there first. The plus-side is that if you don't want anyone to see that image anymore, you delete it from Photobucket, and it's gone from everywhere you posted it.

This is just an observation/suggestion. I've rarely uploaded photos directly to here.

My observation is that this forum is fvcked….and run by incompetent jack-asses.

• Members

My observation is that this forum is fvcked….and run by incompetent jack-asses.

We do appreciate your kind words. Actually, it is vB that has the challenge. We are working to re-write their code base. If you do a little research, you'll find that people using vB5 are all having similar issues.

We'll get it fixed. Needn't you worry.

D

• Members

fetch?filedataid=101830

• Members

The above post was an upload using the method that Dendy mentioned. I can see the photo, not sure if anyone else can. The forum did prompt me that I was not authorized to create the post and then it told me I was creating a duplicate post. When I opted out of that it then apparently posted the photo.

To your point. My reason for creating this thread was that I think images are an essential part of a modern forum. That that process should be streamlined and simple. We can hotlink, but that is an extra step or two in the process. By making it a simple click, upload, and post process it just helps facilitate more interesting content. It's just one more little thing that will help the whole picture here. Hot links are easy, but most people who come here a not going to take the time to learn how to do it, and they shouldn't have to.

It is odd that uploads worked fine a couple weeks ago and now it doesn't. It does lend to the impression of incompetence, on whomever's plate it rests.

• Members

The above post was an upload using the method that Dendy mentioned. I can see the photo, not sure if anyone else can. The forum did prompt me that I was not authorized to create the post and then it told me I was creating a duplicate post. When I opted out of that it then apparently posted the photo.

To your point. My reason for creating this thread was that I think images are an essential part of a modern forum. That that process should be streamlined and simple. We can hotlink, but that is an extra step or two in the process. By making it a simple click, upload, and post process it just helps facilitate more interesting content. It's just one more little thing that will help the whole picture here. Hot links are easy, but most people who come here a not going to take the time to learn how to do it, and they shouldn't have to.

It is odd that uploads worked fine a couple weeks ago and now it doesn't. It does lend to the impression of incompetence, on whomever's plate it rests.

Sorry Floyd,no pic.

• Members

We do appreciate your kind words. Actually, it is vB that has the challenge. We are working to re-write their code base. If you do a little research, you'll find that people using vB5 are all having similar issues.

We'll get it fixed. Needn't you worry.

D

I'm certain you will indeed get it fixed eventually. At which point, the 5 remaining forum members will have a blast posting photos.

• Members

Gardo JC et all. Sorry. On my android device I can't see your pics. I think you can but I can't. Wtf. And I work with PCs for a living. They all know that. Mods and admin. Anybody asked me to trial or feedback. NO.

Because not every photo I want to post is on my phtobucket account? I dont want to have to uplad to the bucket then load the link to here. Sory , but it seems like US doing all the work to makt THEIR site function.

FWIW, that's exactly how it worked under vBulletin 3... you had to upload to Photobucket or another site, then hotlink to it. Jive and Lithium allowed direct uploads, but previous versions of vB used by HC never did that I recall...

That's not to say that there are not some frustrating issues with the uploading and displaying of photos. They know about it, and it's on the list of stuff to be fixed soon... in fact, there's currently a discussion about how best to fix the problems going on "behind the scenes" with the foks from Nucleus in the HC Admin / Moderator's office forum...

• Members
So - in order to make it work' date=' I used the photo upload function, then I had to drag & drop the photo up into the post content window, then delete the "attached" pic.[/quote']

Make what work? I don't see anything.

• Members

FWIW, that's exactly how it worked under vBulletin 3... you had to upload to Photobucket or another site, then hotlink to it. Jive and Lithium allowed direct uploads, but previous versions of vB used by HC never did that I recall...

That's not to say that there are not some frustrating issues with the uploading and displaying of photos. They know about it, and it's on the list of stuff to be fixed soon... in fact, there's currently a discussion about how best to fix the problems going on "behind the scenes" with the foks from Nucleus in the HC Admin / Moderator's office forum...

Thanks for the feedback Phil.

From our side of the fence it just seems a mess. There are different problems on different platforms both in posting and viewing pics.

Add to that the unfriendly way the adverts move about on mobile devices and you have a site which basically does not work.

There are a lot of us here prepared to help but getting told there is not an issue, by some parties, does not help,

• Members

I'll just add that I hang out on quite a few other sites and AFAIK none of them allow direct uploads of pictures or anything else. ALL of them require a hosting site - your own, Photobucket, a dozen others. I don't know why everyone is expecting this site to be any different.

And, for what it is worth, most of the time all I am seeing is little X's when you try to do it some other way.

• Members
I'll just add that I hang out on quite a few other sites and AFAIK none of them allow direct uploads of pictures or anything else. ALL of them require a hosting site - your own, Photobucket, a dozen others. I don't know why everyone is expecting this site to be any different.

And, for what it is worth, most of the time all I am seeing is little X's when you try to do it some other way.

It's simply that there is a link for folks to upload photos when you click to make a post. I've seen a few threads where people are saying "look at my guitar" or whatever but we are just not seeing anything. So, it just needs to be sorted out. If we can't upload (which we could a few weeks ago) then the link should not be there. That said, being able to upload is a really cool option if it works.

• Members

The Agile Guitar Forum has a cool feature. You click on an icon that allows you to very quickly upload a photo to Imgur and post it for forum members to see. Works very quickly and easily. None of this "logging into Photobucket and uploading there and copying from there and pasting it here and resulting in blue question mark" or whatever bullsh-t.

• Members

The Agile Guitar Forum has a cool feature. You click on an icon that allows you to very quickly upload a photo to Imgur and post it for forum members to see. Works very quickly and easily. None of this "logging into Photobucket and uploading there and copying from there and pasting it here and resulting in blue question mark" or whatever bullsh-t.

You make it sound like it's overtly complicated. It's pretty simple. People have been using Photobucket for years. It's not new technology.

• Members

You make it sound like it's overtly complicated. It's pretty simple. People have been using Photobucket for years. It's not new technology.

We sure wouldn't want any new technology coming in.would we ?

Archived