13 members have voted

1. 1. Can you upload pics?

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

We'll get it fixed. Needn't you worry.

D

Now this worries me, because most of your statements as HC Community Manager have not worked out and what we witness here is a continuing decline of HC. How are you going to fix that ?

• Members

Its a pain in the ass.

Well, not really. I've had a Photobucket for years, and it's just easier. It's also handy for when you want to back up photos and you lose them on your computer. The picture of the Jazzmaster I posted earlier has been there for years. That was actually one of the pictures I took when I traded it. I uploaded them to Photobucket, put them in an email, and I still have them on there if I ever want to reminisce.

So, I don't agree, because it's quite convenient for me, and it's the one thing that always works on forums, emails, and websites.

Andy4_zpscc11e99c.png

I'll just add that I hang out on quite a few other sites and AFAIK none of them allow direct uploads of pictures or anything else. ALL of them require a hosting site - your own, Photobucket, a dozen others. I don't know why everyone is expecting this site to be any different.

And, for what it is worth, most of the time all I am seeing is little X's when you try to do it some other way.

Actually that is a standard feature on Xenforo based forums. You have the option to upload a file and have it display in the post or as a thumbnail or you can hotlink. I wouldn't be surprised if that isn't going to become standard for forum software in general in the coming years. If you are on other sites that still use older versions of vBulletin, SMF or other forum programs you aren't seeing that yet though. The Gear Page is still on vB3 IIRC and TDPRI the last time I checked was on vB4. Not many of the bigger forums have made the jump to vB5 because of the mess that vBulletin has become.

Archived