New ZVex monster pedal - what IS it? Clues inside...

Phil O'Keefe

• Replies 404
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

12 super hardons in a row and a mammoth ?

fuzz factory with 12 presets ?

individual overtone booster/illuminator?

formant generator effect?

pitch/frequency controlled effect the bottom half allows you to tune a reference note and the top half is a sequencer controlling that effect

still only the 12 tone generator theory explains why the top section has 12 knobs

• Members

I'm kind of skeptical that it would be a delay, but that's possible. I do think it may have something to do with pitch modulation, though, and the "target" LEDs may allow you to fine tune how out of tune you are with the input signal (above or below).

• Members

12 super hardons in a row and a mammoth ?

fuzz factory with 12 presets ?

individual overtone booster/illuminator?

formant generator effect?

pitch/frequency controlled effect the bottom half allows you to tune a reference note and the top half is a sequencer controlling that effect

still only the 12 tone generator theory explains why the top section has 12 knobs

I reckon its gona be something on these lines, vex has said constantly over the years there is no need for a delay as he thinks there is plenty good ones out there already...

And the its everything comment is either a joke or he really means it...

• Members

Ding ding ding ding ding.

And that prototype has the incorrect color sequence. It's actually pink, blue, orange, yellow, green.

And yes, once again, the clues are huge.

ah, the man speaks... throw some fuel on the speculative fires!

• Members

I have it on good authority that it's Vex's version of a "Sitar Swami" with a seek function. It also has a Boss AC-3 Acoustic simulator mode, and an overdrive circuit based on the venerable DOD Supra Distortion.

It will be released early in 2010, and will retail for $499.99.

It shall be christened: "The Box of Suck."

• Members

ok my guess -

its a seek pitch shifter.

the very top row of knobs would be the end pitch and the middle row would be the start pitch?

the bottom four would contro speed/volume/mix etc...

i cant imagine that being a delay, that would be filthy!

• Members

Im looking at a zvex enclosure right now and its 1/16th wider at the bottom than it is at the top. Im just surprised by the two enclosure thing because everything Zack does has very neat clean lines and is executed very professionally. IMO, this just doesn't click with that aesthetic.

Indeed!

I hope he decides to use 1 large box instead... "everything in a couple boxes" doesn't quite have that zvex ring people are used to.

My bet is on a multi channel/phrase looper with plenty of goodies.

Archived