Who has two boards?

mike.sartori

• Members

And what are the differences/purposes? My main board (pedal train) has tons of stuff, and it's really versatile, set up for stereo, etc. Sometimes though, I feel like I get stuck in a rut using the same sounds all the time. Also, it's heavy, and even though a pedaltrain is supposed to be portable, it's a hassle to move it 4 times a week. So, I am making a second board, consisting of just a dyna comp, fuzz face, phase 45, and an aqua puss. Not only will this be way more portable, it will be sufficiently limiting to force me to be creative playing wise, and it will have a cool vintage vibe, and should play to the strengths of different guitars and amps.

Tell me about your multiple board set ups!

• Members

i have 4...

my studio rig (i tried bringing this out a few times... it weighs well over 100 lbswith cases so it stays at home always now):

1 . Pedaltrain Pro - modulation/delay/verb/etc

2. Pedaltrain Jr. - expression pedals and volume

3. Pedaltrain Pro - comp/Fuzz/Distortion/Overdrive/Blend/looper

and my playing out rig

1. Pedaltrain Jr. - fuzz/Overdrive/Chorus/Delay/Verb

• Members

I used to have two complete rigs. I had a live rig that was really simple Strat/gretsch into Dirt > trem > delay into Tophat Embassy 212 (AC30 clone). And at home I had a few various guitars into Wah > OD > Muff > M9 into my tweaker or little giant. The main reason for doing this was that I didn't have to cart my board and amp around. It worked out really well while I had a place to store my live rig.

• Members

I'm in same boat as you, about to make a second pedalboard. got a onespot in the mail to power it. its gona have a 76 dyna comp ri, a byoc large beav, a dd-7, and an rv-5. and i'll add some overdrive to it too, not sure what yet.

portability ftw

• Members

I've thought of splitting my board over 2 smaller boards so I can place 1 either side of my mic to make my life a little bit easier onstage.

I'm only occasionally called upon to sing, but I've definitely experienced the annoyance of dealing with a mic stand and a pedalboard. Someone should invent a mic stand that goes in the middle of the board. Think it would sell?

• Members

I'm considering it. When I next visit Ikea I will buy two small Gorms. I like the medium Gorm setup I have now, but I basically never use all of my pedals at once at the moment. The chuch band that I'm playing in currently just doesn't suit effects use at all beyond subtle delay.

What I had in mind was to have two boards, with my amp footswitch, DD-3, volume pedal, tuner and possibly a dirt pedal on one, and everything else on another. Chances are if the playing situation warrants the full complement, there will also be space for two boards. It will be excellent. :cool:

:thu:

• Members

I'm only occasionally called upon to sing, but I've definitely experienced the annoyance of dealing with a mic stand and a pedalboard. Someone should invent a mic stand that goes in the middle of the board. Think it would sell?

I'm sure I've seen that. I can't remember the company unfortunately, but I can definitely remember seeing a pedalboard that had a mount for a mic stand on it. It was one of the boutique pedal board makers...

• Members

I used to have a live board and a church board. The live board has three different distortion/overdrives, tuner, noise suppressor, wah, compressor, chorus, volume pedal, and now ends with my M9. This board was for my band and all the bizarre sounds that I didn't REALLY need to make but decided to make anyway...

The church board was a lot more transient... The M9 always finished it out before it went to the amp or the SansAmp, and it almost always started with my MI Audio Blues Pro. Usually it also involved a tuner, an EQ box, and occasionally an autowah (depending on what the week's set called for).

• Members

I'd get one, for sure! I can never get my mic in a comfy position without it falling over!

• Members

I've got quite a few at any given point. Here is what I've got right now.

PT-Jr. = The new board for my band that includes my Shiva footswitch.

PT-Jr. 2= The old board for my band with my Klon, Timmy, and Dr. Scientist pedals. Still haven't decided to do with it now that I don't really need the gain pedals anymore.

PT-Jr. 3= Has my modded Kaoss Pad on there with a TB looper. I put this on a separate board so I can bring it to gigs if I want to use it, but I normally just leave it at home.

PT-Mini= I used this for my country band. It's all pedals I built, and the footswitch for my Princeton Reverb Reissue.

I have a few extra boards lying around, but they don't have any pedals on them at the moment.

• Members

I have two boards at the moment. The main(large) board is my TCE board. It consist of a wah, several OD/Dist, modulation pedals, an analog/digital delay and reverb pedal. All tied in though a TB loop switch.

My small board or my quick grab board has a fuzz, Proteus envelope filter, Philosopher's Tone, a couple TCE pedals, analog delay and a volume/expression pedal w/ a custom switch by T1M to switch out the mode of the volume pedal.

• Members

I have 1 currently, but will soon have 3:

Main board - 4 dirts + boost, EX7, multiple delays (looper, AD99 for standard analog delay and Memory toy for edge of oscilation atmosphere) and mod (chorus/trem/phase as well as the EX7 leslie and vibe) + verb

Bass board - Fuzz, OD, SVT sim, chorus, delay, DI

Mini grab and go/leftovers board - A dirt or 2, chicken salad, chorus and a delay

Steve

Archived