Fender guitars are strong

RoboPimp

• Members

Set aside tone, playability, etc as they are endlessly debatable

you can not deny the fact that fender guitars are just {censored}in indestructible

I was feelin frisky at the end of our set at a private party this weekend, and as I took my strat off I just threw it about ten feet, then kicked it a few times for good luck.

Pulled it out of the gig bag the next night for our gig, the E string was out of tune, but other than that it was fine.

You look at a gibson wrong and the headstock snaps off. I could beat a gibson guitar to pieces with my $150 strat, the genius of the design translates even to their cheapest stuff. How awesome is that.

God bless the practical side of Leo Fender, he always seemed to ensure durability and easy repair were integral to his designs. Why not? Sure sounding good is important (I love the sound too fortunately) but shouldn't all guitar companies strive to make an instrument you can take on the road without worrying that it might fall off the guitar stand and fall apart.

Robo tested, fender takes a lickin and keeps on pickin.

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I do agree that my fender guitars feel more durable than the gibson guitars i've owned in the past... i'm not knocking gibsons, just saying that a fender guitar can handle abuse better, IMO.
i don't abuse my guitars though so it doesn't really matter.

• Members
I do agree that my fender guitars feel more durable than the gibson guitars i've owned in the past... i'm not knocking gibsons, just saying that a fender guitar can handle abuse better, IMO.

i don't abuse my guitars though so it doesn't really matter.

even if you don't abuse them it's nice to know it can survive a fall without becoming firewood.

My buddy's gibson LP headstock snapped off IN THE HARD CASE when it fell. what kind of {censored} is that :lol:

• Members

A guy in a local band here in Omaha had an old Jazzmaster and at the end of every show used to drag it around the stage and slam it against stuff either by its strap or by broken strings. I was horrified as a fifteen-year-old but heck, Fenders wear abuse better than any other guitar.

• Members

A guy in a local band here in Omaha had an old Jazzmaster and at the end of every show used to drag it around the stage and slam it against stuff either by its strap or by broken strings. I was horrified as a fifteen-year-old but heck, Fenders wear abuse better than any other guitar.

relic'd

• Members

I dropped my MIM Thinline on concrete once, and just knew that due to its hollowness I was gonna pick up a guitar with a shattered front. Nope. Just a few knicks in the clearcoat and on the headstock. I love Fenders.

• Members

I usually bring five or six guitars to gigs (I use a lot of different tunings). When I throw them in the back of my Honda Civic in gigbags, I make sure that the Fenders on the bottom and the Gibsons are on top.

Archived