Fender guitars are strong

RoboPimp

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I have seen one break. I played a show in Toronto with a band who's guitarist had an original 1963 Jazzmaster, white with rosewood pick guard, totally stock and the nicest Jazzmaster I've ever seen. they were a hardcore band and the guy was nuts on stage, at the end of the set he was whipping that thing around like a moron. he smashed it into the edge of the stage and the headstock snapped right off, I ran over and grabbed it.
we were staying with them and when we got back to their loft, the guy had six {censored}ing Jazzmasters (the guy was not loaded). I gave him the headstock and said my condolences, he didn't give a {censored}, I couldn't believe he wrecked this awesome vintage guitar.
I ran over my Precision bass (by accident) in my fullsize chev pick up, it was even in a gig bag. I must have ran over the body only because it wasn't even out of tune. :lol:

• Members

It is a little known fact that Jimi actually doused this fire & played a set the next night with this guitar. Another testament to the indestructability of Fenders.

Lol no. The Monterey Pop Strat was set on fire, busted into pieces and scattered out to people throughout the crowd. There's still a few people that have pieces of it, but the biggest one is sitting over at the Experience Music Project. Like so:

hendrix_montery_pop_festival_strat_emp.j

:wave:

• Members

well, we already knew the jazzmaster is the lamest and weakest of all fenders, this story only confirms it.

Ha ha! I have to agree, though. The Fender design rules. I love the look of crazy git's like Alembics, but I would always feel apprehensive. Simplicity is a good thing.

• Members

Lol no. The Monterey Pop Strat was set on fire, busted into pieces and scattered out to people throughout the crowd. There's still a few people that have pieces of it, but the biggest one is sitting over at the Experience Music Project. Like so:

hendrix_montery_pop_festival_strat_emp.j

:wave:

with all due respect.

the "burnt" guitar (not the one you pictured obviously) was given to Frank Zappa who rebuilt it but didn't refininsh it. it is now owned and played by Dweezil.

• Members

with all due respect.

the "burnt" guitar (not the one you pictured obviously) was given to Frank Zappa who rebuilt it but didn't refininsh it. it is now owned and played by Dweezil.

Nope as someone here corrected me a while back the Hendrix/Zappa guitar was from a show Hendrix did in Miami 1968.

• Members

I've still got a MIM tele that I took to school every day since I was 14. There'd always be an arsehat who'd put their tuba on top of my gigbag or someone who'd take it out and play it and just chuck it in the back of the music room cupboard, minus gigbag. It's got loads of the paint chipped off and chips and chunks out of the neck but it's still a player! God I love Fenders.

• Members

Nah Dweezil sold it in an auction like 2 years ago.

Not quite! He couldn't get the price he wanted for it so he kept it. There are recent videos of him playing it on his site, he's changed some of the hardware again.

• Members

Saw SRV stand on his Number 1 and pull up the strings and then let them slam back down before dragging the guitar around the stage. Thing looks like someone buried it in the yard for a hundred years, but he still played it night after night.
Speaking of which, I think Rory Gallagher's strat was stolen and actually buried in someones yard for a few months before it was rescued and returned.
Fenders are tough bastards.

Archived