I want to hear YOUR music

• Replies 421
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

^ ^ Thanks! I put a lot of work into my tones so it's really nice to hear comments like that. Our influences are mostly Mogwai, My Vitriol, Oceansize, Amplifier and Smashing Pumpkins with a bit of The Cure in there. With the main riff I was going for a Batcat kinda vibe!

• Members

The recordings aren't the best but I think the songs have a lot of potential. Were you looking for a singer at some point? Maybe I'm thinking of someone else, but I have a feeling I've heard your stuff before when you posted about looking for a singer. Maybe I'm wrong.
:confused:
I love the unabashed effects loving that's evident in a track called "Pedalboard Accessories"!

Yep, that was us! We've tweaked the songs a bit to work as instrumentals; it took a long time to pluck up the courage but now we're gigging as a three-piece and getting a lot of good feedback. Going to record an EP over the next few weeks with some new and some old stuff. The name for Pedalboard Accessories actually came about in a discussion about the PedalPal (that extra plate you can screw onto Pedaltrains for wahs), haha.

Respect for actually listening to everything in this thread; I need to find the time!

• Members
Here's one that I don't think you guys have heard. A few years back, I was invited to contribute to a compilation album of Beatles covers - but the deadline was only a couple of days after when I was asked (knowing what a Beatles fan I am, they assumed I'd already have something suitable "in the can", and I didn't
:o
), so I had to rush around and try to put something together in between everything else I was in the middle of. I called my buddy Mike Cosgrove from AAF and asked if he could lay down some drums for me, which he did, on an old Ludwig Vistalite kit he had just scored. He also did the shaker parts. I did the rest - guitars, piano, bass and vocals... did a quick mix and self-mastering job, and this is what we came up with....

Nice vocal echos!

• Members

My music is in my sig. I'm a hack. Been playing for almost 6 years starting at the age of 50. A lot of my stuff is using the looper on my multifx. The 2nd thru 4th songs in my sig are my new Zoom G3 with built in drum machine synced to the 40 sec looper. They were recorded using a handheld with headphones sitting under a tree in the park. I can't play anything shreddy or even fast so I try to make the slow noodling work as well as I can.

Archived