I want to hear YOUR music

• Replies 421
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

My current gigging band USA out of Vietnam

my previous band Raw Madonna isn't gigging anymore but we've got 3 albums [puke that word] coming out by the end of the summer

and here's an oldie but a goodie Natalie Portland that i'll probably start again in the fall because it's the only unfinished project I have in my catalogue, and possibly the only music i've made that people like.

• Members

Good thread - I bet I'm not the only one who finds they don't often bother actually listening to clips posted, which is wierd. Because surely that's what all this is about? So I'm going to listen to everyone who posted in this thread, or at least, I'll try to...

Quote Originally Posted by 9520575

View Post

p.s. here's a link to my soundcloud (its all over the place, and I suck) who cares? I sure don't. I'm not asking you to listen to my music, just post your music.

I like that. How did you get those sounds in "underwater"? It's crazy! cool.gif And Hegemony too?

• Members

Sadly a lot of people are much more interested in gear than in music and threads like this one are rare among threads about gear...

I've nothing against gear of course but the other day I was looking for a forum about music, writing lyrics, poetry in music, music creativity, writing songs, etc. and there are not so many or active forums compared to forums about music gear, which is weird since the aim of gear is to make music...

• Members

Quote Originally Posted by tantamo

View Post

Nice. What was the reason you decided to work with such sort tracks? Was it for a show reel or a particular project?

Quote Originally Posted by companyman

View Post

so you want to judge everyone? I keed, I keed!

click on sig.

I'm listening to Idle Time, great song! How'd you get those guitar sounds? It's really nice - ethereal and atmospheric while still sounding quite direct. I'm trying to work out who the singer puts me in mind of. He's a bit like a cross between Micheal Stipe and the guy from the Editors. Which is definitely a good thing in my book!

Now Marmalade's come on. I really like your guitar playing. Nice to hear a wah in a non - cock rock context. cool.gif

Quote Originally Posted by Frankenstrat86

View Post

We did a little sampler vid of our gig on saturday, some of the footage as well as others are going to be used by Fuzion Magazine to go along with the interview we did after our set.

Cool, is that one of those Tweaker amps? Your lead break at 2:20 or so is awesome, how do you play that? Can I steal it? wink.gif

Quote Originally Posted by royal crxsh johnson

View Post

i guess i'll put my soundcloud out on display.

don't judge me too hard.

I like The Zealots' stuff - Snow at the moment. It's kinda like MGMT with those big warm synth sounds (I think that's the band I'm thinking of!) with Strokes style music. The drumming is fantastically shambolic. And "In the Morning" has harmonies, which is awesome!

Quote Originally Posted by stratedge09

View Post

Has both of my bands tracks.

I've started off with "The Tides" because the name caught my eye. Great production, where'd you get it done? It's making me think of Oceansize, which is definitely a good thing. The drumming is tight as. What delay are you using? Sounds a bit like DL4's analogue mode?

And how did you get the sound at the start of the Navigator? It's good.

Damn, this is taking ages. You're all good. icon_lol.gif

• Members

Quote Originally Posted by renula

View Post

Sig

I'm listening to "No me aguanto" at the moment. What does it mean, and what's it about? The scratchy, gnarly guitar sounds really fresh and is a nice contrast from the washes of sound.

Quote Originally Posted by Beastly

View Post

I know you already posted in my thread, but if anyone is interested.

This is surreal stuff! I think "the conditioner" is my favourite. Quite creepy sounding. eek.gif

Quote Originally Posted by PKTrono

View Post

sure

i need to get a soundcloud or something.

I like soundclick, it makes me think of my uni days. Listening to Solar Eclipse, it's cool. What are your influences? It's sort of like serialist music in a sense, and the intro feedback noises made me think of steve reich's pendulum music.

Quote Originally Posted by mhuxtable

View Post

Yeah man....you posted in mine too but for anyone who missed it

This is just as good as it was yesterday in the other thread! love.gif

Quote Originally Posted by V

View Post

There's a bunch in my sig.

OK, have started with the first track, "they walk" opening and theme. Cool, is CJM Venter you or a band? what was it like composing for something specific? Did the film's director get involved much?

• Members

Quote Originally Posted by nankuamedha

View Post

I messed up the coding, oops. There's a couple goodies in here, and a lot of mediocre improv.

That looks like a lot of fun to do! cool.gif At uni I was in a band with a blind Keyboardist and a 50 year old guy who played midi clarinet, listening back I find it hard to believe we weren't all on drugs... well, the midi guy was I think. icon_lol.gif

Quote Originally Posted by TomVanDeven

View Post

No you don't.

"yes, that's right, two people." icon_lol.gif Who played what?

Quote Originally Posted by TravvyBear

View Post

I'll have to listen to this one when I get home, I think.

OK, what have I learned now I've got to the end of page one? Lots of people are making lots of good music, and it takes ages to hear it all.

Archived