I want to hear YOUR music

• Replies 421
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Short instrumental -

It's cool to hear some music that really pushes itself along without resorting to a regular drum beat at any point. I can see this working really well as film music. You guys have got a really interesting feel.

Man, this is unreal!

This thread has proved to me that even in one thread on one sub forum of one website, people can put up music faster than I can find time to listen to it. It's mind boggling.

• Members

Here's a mix I'm working on at the moment for my band - we've just put out an EP called Radiostasis, and I'm planning on putting together another 4 track EP of songs to give out on cd-r's at gigs for free.

http://soundcloud.com/cirrusband/turn-away

I've got a soundclick account, but it's so old I had to try to remember the names of the songs on it and google search for it. :facepalm:

This is probably the best song on there, uploaded 6 years ago but I think I wrote it in 2003.

http://soundclick.com/share.cfm?id=2430542

I did an album for my university long study in 2005/06, a bunch of those tracks are here;

http://www.{censored}hotrecords.co.uk/Cirrus/

• Members

Awesome sauce. So much music. Excellent everyone, its all over the place and I like it. lots of talent here, lots of new sounds. great great great.

Still I could go for some more... Come on you hold outs.

• Members

The electric guitar sounds that come in during Summertime Blues are really effective - the guitar's quite dry and spidery tone wise, but when those noises start to come in they really give the song some atmosphere. Pretty stark. I really love the slightly out of tune riff that alternates between hard left and right in Whites and Lace. Isn't it wierd when you have those slightly warbly notes that kind of hover AROUND the right note, they sound like they're transplanted from somewhere else? It's something Radiohead do quite a lot - the pad sounds towards the end of "15 step" are a good example I think.

Hey man, thanks for listening! :)

I love doing the thing you mentioned where you take a note that's just slightly off tune and throw it in a phrase for some ambiance. Make it sound pretty but kind of scary and {censored}ed up all at the same time. I love how the songs are basically acoustic "love" songs but when you throw little things in like what you described it can take it in a whole new direction.

I checked out some of your stuff too, and I really like it. Rushing really reminds me of Sunny Day Real Estate for some reason. Good stuff :thu:

Oh, and I think it's really awesome that you are going through and giving everyone's stuff a chance. That's really cool of you.

• Members

Thanks! It's always interesting to see what happens. Depending on the vibe of the venue and the crowd we tend to go in different directions, sometimes really beat heavy noise rock, or super loud wall of sound slow fuzz droning, other times really sparce ambient sound collages, etc....

That looks like a lot of fun to do!
:cool:
At uni I was in a band with a blind Keyboardist and a 50 year old guy who played midi clarinet, listening back I find it hard to believe we weren't all on drugs... well, the midi guy was I think.
:lol:

• Members

Here's a mix I'm working on at the moment for my band - we've just put out an EP called Radiostasis, and I'm planning on putting together another 4 track EP of songs to give out on cd-r's at gigs for free.

http://soundcloud.com/cirrusband/turn-away

I've got a soundclick account, but it's so old I had to try to remember the names of the songs on it and google search for it.
:facepalm:

This is probably the best song on there, uploaded 6 years ago but I think I wrote it in 2003.

http://soundclick.com/share.cfm?id=2430542

I did an album for my university long study in 2005/06, a bunch of those tracks are here;

http://www.{censored}hotrecords.co.uk/Cirrus/

I like this stuff a lot, the drums are recorded really well on that first track.

Here's one that I don't think you guys have heard. A few years back, I was invited to contribute to a compilation album of Beatles covers - but the deadline was only a couple of days after when I was asked (knowing what a Beatles fan I am, they assumed I'd already have something suitable "in the can", and I didn't :o ), so I had to rush around and try to put something together in between everything else I was in the middle of. I called my buddy Mike Cosgrove from AAF and asked if he could lay down some drums for me, which he did, on an old Ludwig Vistalite kit he had just scored. He also did the shaker parts. I did the rest - guitars, piano, bass and vocals... did a quick mix and self-mastering job, and this is what we came up with....

• Members
Sig - studio's myspace and website has stuff I've worked on, including tracks I've played and / or sang on.

Total rubbish! :mad:

*giggles*

Only joking! I'm listening to your mix of "High Time to Lay Low". Are you on that track? It's sweet. Production is awesome, but I wouldn't expect any less. ;) I like the whole vibe of the track. What's the keyboard, and how did you get the guitar sounds? I think I hear some slight trem on the semi clean guitar stabs? AC15?

And I've finally got to the end of page 2. :lol:

• Members

Here's one that I don't think you guys have heard. A few years back, I was invited to contribute to a compilation album of Beatles covers - but the deadline was only a couple of days after when I was asked (knowing what a Beatles fan I am, they assumed I'd already have something suitable "in the can", and I didn't
:o
), so I had to rush around and try to put something together in between everything else I was in the middle of. I called my buddy Mike Cosgrove from AAF and asked if he could lay down some drums for me, which he did, on an old Ludwig Vistalite kit he had just scored. He also did the shaker parts. I did the rest - guitars, piano, bass and vocals... did a quick mix and self-mastering job, and this is what we came up with....

whoa... good Paul McCartney impression colored me impressed by your vocals

Archived