Lost George Harrison Guitar Solo

ispunk

• Members

Lost for more than 40 years, a solo that George Harrison recorded during the Abbey Road sessions for "Here Comes the Sun" has been unearthed.

Luckily, some cameras were on hand when Harrison's son Dhani sat down with Beatles' producer Sir George Martin and his son, Giles Martin, to listen back to the tracks that became "Here Comes the Sun." After messing around with some track levels and listening to some of the orchestration George Martin did for the track, Dhani brought in a track containing a solo George Harrison played for the song that didn't make the final cut. Dhani, obviously delighted, told the Martins that "it's totally different to anything I've ever heard," and the legendary producer replied "I had forgotten that one."

[video=youtube;B1RxdeqxF-U]

• Members

So when are the properly remixed stereo beatles albums coming out? Add in the new unheard stuff like this, make the stereo mix un{censored}ty and call them modern remixes. People would absolutely buy them. Hell, I'd even be interested.

They blew it with the last batch in 2009 by just re-releasing the cleanest possible versions of the old {censored}ty stereo mixes. Why not go in and do a proper stereo version of all the albums... get people to buy all the {censored} again.

• Members

Wow; when I heard those guitar notes I knew I was hearing something NEW for the first time! What a rare treat to hear a classic gem by George Harrison BRAND NEW in 2012! I would love to have a re-mix with that solo front and center. How lovely. I really appreciate George more and more as the years go by; such an inspiring human being.

• Members

Wow; when I heard those guitar notes I knew I was hearing something NEW for the first time! What a rare treat to hear a classic gem by George Harrison BRAND NEW in 2012! I would love to have a re-mix with that solo front and center. How lovely. I really appreciate George more and more as the years go by; such an inspiring human being.

Yup... I thought people were supposed to go from John to Paul as they get older. I am always leaning more toward George.

• Members

heard something else today i've never noticed before: there's a very wobbly (leslie?) guitar in between the vocals in the chorus, playing the do-do-doo-dooo tag. and what's the high pitched melody that's always going on, is that an organ?

• Members

I knew i could count on you.
:thu:

If they'd found a lost batch of demos of unreleased songs, I'd be interested but one solo off-cut that isn't particularly good is hardly exciting. It's like the Pet Sounds box set. I'm a Beach Boys geek but the box set added very little that was actually unheard to the hardcore collector and became another exercise involving jerking off over the past instead of looking for something new.

2012 and a few seconds of a not particularly astounding guitar solo has people fainting.

That probably says as much about the current state of the "music industry" as it does about the Beatles and their longevity.

Unless he was planning on laying a couple of harmony parts over that, there's a note or two I would have pointed out to him... but I like the general idea of what he played a lot. And the guys are right - it's something new that we haven't heard before. Yeah, it was probably pulled because he didn't like it at the end of the day, and the original stereo album mix is their "artistic intent" and all that, but it's still something "new" to us, by one of the world's most beloved musicians, and in the context of one of his best songs. I can certainly understand there being some interest in it. :)

heard something else today i've never noticed before: there's a very wobbly (leslie?) guitar in between the vocals in the chorus, playing the do-do-doo-dooo tag. and what's the high pitched melody that's always going on, is that an organ?

George played through a Leslie 122 all over Abbey Road. You'll find Leslie-processed stuff all over that record. The high melody parts are most likely a Moog IIIp synthesizer - which was another big interest of George's at the time. Again, it's all over Abbey Road.

George-Ringo-with-the-Moog.png

• Members
George played through a Leslie 122 all over Abbey Road. You'll find Leslie-processed stuff all over that record. The high melody parts are most likely a Moog IIIp synthesizer - which was another big interest of George's at the time. Again, it's all over Abbey Road.

George-Ringo-with-the-Moog.png

Awesome pic

Ringo is like, "What does this button do" :lol:

Archived