"Always on Pedals" Do you have any?

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Do you feel that the always on pedals improve your amp's tone? or just make it more flexible?

Flexible. I think certain frequencies being enhanced by and eq on an already 'pretty much got my tone' EQ settings on the amp can make a large difference. Especially if you want a mid scoop or boost without touching generic amp settings. I just turn the EQ off and can use any guitar - plus having a tone and dynamics knob on the amp helps. So yeah versatility. Also, the compressor helps make the cool strat tone even more emphasised, and can add a bit of sustain. These allow me to switch between guitars for completely different sounds without having to mess around with the amp much its self.

• Members

Nearly all the time there's some reverb happening for me. The bassoon through an amp doesn't have any natural resonance like a guitar will (spring resonance) so I sound too dry without a little 'verb going on most of the time. Usually when reverb is off that's more of an effect for me, depending on the context of course. I have the global noise gate on the M13 on, if that counts.

Archived