"Always on Pedals" Do you have any?

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

My CS-2 comp is on nearly 100% of the time.

I have 2 Fish n Chips, and one of them is always on. I switch back and forth between Strat, Tele and Epi Les Paul, and I use the 2 Fish n Chips to balance between single coils and humbuckers. Tone controls on the amp can then stay at the same place all the time.

My Fulldrive is on probably 90% of the time, though I run the overdrive side on a pretty low setting, and then use the boost to crank up the OD when needed.

• Members

I've got reverb and/or delay on about 95% of the time, if only for just a little bit. It just makes everything sound more full :idk:. I LOVED using compression with my Strat, but I don't have either of those now.

I have flirted with the idea of getting something like a SHO or EP Booster for an always on, "add a little something" kind of deal and while those pedals really do sound good, the concept itself doesn't really sit right with me. Like I wasn't convinced that I couldn't get the same effect by just changing my amp's EQ or turning the thing up a bit, you know?

• Members

Xotic EP booster, as well as a bit of amp reverb

I love the EP Booster :love:. It replaced my comp. I basically was using minimal compression with a volume boost with the dynacomp, and this does what I was looking for a billion times better.

• Members

My fulldrive is on 96% of the time.

this. i almost always have the comp cut on and use the boost as an extra gain stage. back when i used high gain amps and played what you goobers refer to as "brootz" i ran an RC Booster and ISP decimator always on.

Archived