The Dark Knight Rises... I. AM. EXCITE.

• Replies 260
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

In the Dark Knight, he has the armor redesigned to be lighter. As Lucius says, 'You'll be more vulnerable to gunfire and knives'.

there you have it. .. I watched BB again last week, but didn't get around to watching TDK again or else (I hope) I would have remembered that.

• Members

You also judge a movie within each trilogy, so Die Hard might not be better than The Fellowship of the Ring.

No, Die Hard is definitely way better than Fellowship of the Ring.

• Members

6,5/10

A tad better than Prometheus, but still not really good. I liked the first two parts, but this one has way too many things going on at the same time.

I appreciated the view when he leaves the prison. It's in India, I was there recently and there is no pit on that specific place. :D

• Members

So, the acting was really great.Everyone did a great performance. But i thought the story wasn't that good at all. The "backbreaker" thing should have been the end of the movie (like in the comic) instead of this bad happy end.

• Members

i think Nolan & Bale got caught up in their own movie fantasy of making the greatest movie ever in the history of the world.

it backfired.

what a p.o.s. movie. I think Forever Young had a stronger story line then this garbage.

only redeeming factor was the unreal Marion Cotillard

• Members

Yea, I'm really easy on movies and I still really liked this one... but it sort of had more of an animated/comic feel to it. A little more hokey than the first 2. It just sort of seemed like more of a fun action/fantasy romp.

• Members

I feel like the backbreaker scene could have been longer/not so abrupt. Just like I feel like the death of Bane and Talia should have been less rushed or abrupt. Those three things just deserved more attention than they were given.

I disagree that the back breaker being the end of the movie. If you follow the Knightfall story arc, that actually falls in the middle of it and you get to see the rise (ha! a pun) of another batman that snaps and Wayne trains/heals up in order to stop him. Of course, I was following that arc as it was happening, so my memory may have failed me on some of that. Anyhow...the point I'm getting at is that I like how they kept the element of Wayne having to come back from being broken.

Overall, there were very key elements that were rushed or glossed over between scenes. I would love to see an extended cut that gave more attention to the details.

• Members

Ya'll be hankering for the Nolan days after they've rebooted and cast Shia Labeouf as Robin.

unfortunately this prediction will probably be rather accurate. As much as I cringe when the fanboys act like Nolan's Batman movies are pinnacles of cinema, I have to admit, his three movies had a consistent high quality that this franchise will probably never see again.

• Members

unfortunately this prediction will probably be rather accurate. As much as I cringe when the fanboys act like Nolan's Batman movies are pinnacles of cinema, I have to admit, his three movies had a consistent high quality that this franchise will probably never see again.

yeah... Joel Schumacher's Batman "movies" were a pretty easy act to follow... Nolan's however... not so much... then again, who knows, Nolan said he was done with "Batman" and the way TDKR ended left if open for a Robin/Nightwing movie or series... so who knows... time will tell

Archived