The Dark Knight Rises... I. AM. EXCITE.

• Replies 260
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I could watch TDK again....Maybe not TDKR. There I said it. However... that kind of makes it work all the more, as the definitive final part of Nolan's Batman films.

Also...

Miranda's death was pretty lame. Going out sat slumped in a truck?...meh.

Bane's death too. You'd think he'd have his mask taken off and left to die in pit maybe? Seems like it would work more than just having him killed by a gunshot followed by a pithy one liner. Seems a bit of a cop-out for such a good character.

Looks like any potential sequel would be awful. But someone will do it. Then we'll have another "Catwoman" calibre film on our hands. Pffff.

• Members

Saw it last night. Meh, that movie was as deep as a mud puddle after a light rain.

catwoman, eyeroll. Robin, eyeroll. One liners every where, eyeroll. Bat man has an airship eyeroll. Hole in the ground prison, huge {censored}ing eyerolls. Also wtf are you guys talking about: OWS movement connection? Maybe slighly one little scene... More like failed states and kangaroo courts.... OWS, not really...

Fun, flick for sure.

Deep thoughts and good writing ehhhhhhhhh no

• Members

Reposts own comment to emphasise douchbaggery.

Even if this film was only worth 3 stars, I'd still want to see it and will probably enjoy doing so. Not every film has to be on par with or as technically beautiful as Seven Samurai or as poignant and well-written as Chinatown. You can enjoy something for what it is, in this case, a {censored}ing Batman movie.

• Members

Enjoyable to watch but felt oddly rushed in parts. Nowhere near the same tension that made The Dark Knight so good. Excellent performances by pretty much everyone. Anne Hathaway... swoon.

Pretty much this. All things considered, though, still a great flick.

• Members

Saw it last night. Meh, that movie was as deep as a mud puddle after a light rain.

catwoman, eyeroll. Robin, eyeroll. One liners every where, eyeroll. Bat man has an airship eyeroll. Hole in the ground prison, huge {censored}ing eyerolls.
Also wtf are you guys talking about: OWS movement connection? Maybe slighly one little scene... More like failed states and kangaroo courts.... OWS, not really...

Fun, flick for sure.

Deep thoughts and good writing ehhhhhhhhh no

Which scene are you talking about? I don't know, I thought there were multiple instances of obvious parallel to OWS themes - and that this severely hurt the plot and delivery, which we can agree, wasn't that great.

And Anne Hathaway is a g-damn babe, but I think all the fuss over casting her as cat woman were legitimized with the outcome.... I just wasn't sold on her as cat woman.

I don't know how I this finale could really compete with the last one, but I left the theater thinking Dark Knight Rises could have been a lot better. BUT, the trilogy is done and it still was fantastic overall.

• Members

Just saw it in IMAX. Thought it was excellent. Not quite as good as The Dark Knight. Tom Hardy was really good as Bane, but you just can't top Heath Ledger. I thought it was a great ending to the trilogy. One of the best trilogies ever. Really not a bad one in the bunch.

• Members

Just saw it in IMAX. Thought it was excellent. Not quite as good as The Dark Knight. Tom Hardy was really good as Bane, but you just can't top Heath Ledger. I thought it was a great ending to the trilogy. One of the best trilogies ever. Really not a bad one in the bunch.

Heath Ledger's Joker is my favorite movie villain of all time - maniacal, insane, and only one motive - chaos. Tom Hardy was phenomenal as well, but yeah... near impossible to top Heath Ledger's performance. :thu:

Archived