The Dark Knight Rises... I. AM. EXCITE.

• Replies 260
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Damn, sounds like you're handling photographic proof of who shot JFK and not a Hollywood movie
:lol:

Personally, I'd rather watch Batman than see someone get their head blown off.

• Members

i'm surprised that nobody noticed that the 2nd film was just a really good bank heist movie with a guy running around dressed up like Batman for some reason.

the first one was so bad that i couldn't even watch the whole thing. sorry, but Batman didn't train in Asia, i don't care what lame storyline some writer came up with in the 80s/90s - including anything to do with Bane.

• Members

i'm surprised that nobody noticed that the 2nd film was just a really good bank heist movie with a guy running around dressed up like Batman for some reason.

the first one was so bad that i couldn't even watch the whole thing. sorry, but Batman didn't train in Asia, i don't care what lame storyline some writer came up with in the 80s/90s - including anything to do with Bane.

Who cares? Batman, like all comic and mythic characters, routinely have the details of their portrayal changed to best fit the current social climate. That's one of their greatest strengths. They aren't one story but a general concept. Batman's concept is he is driven by his parents' murder to fight crime using his wealth, wits, gadgets, and espionage/fighting skills. That's all still intact.

In the same way you can reimagine Superman as a more realistic or darker version of an alien who has come to earth after the destruction of his planet and who hides as a normal human when not fighting crime. He'd still be superman.

• Members

I can honestly say I've NEVER been this excited for a movie. I just saw the run time the other day (2 hrs, 46 mins
:love:
), and got even more pumped!

Anyone else on this bandwagon? The Dark Knight was... like... the perfect movie (imo). I know some people think it was overrated, but I loved it. Just about everything that the trio of the Nolan bros and Goyer touch turn to gold, and I've liked everything Chris Nolan has done, so I'm sure he'll more than deliver on Rises. Apparently we'll see a trailer for Man of Steel too...

uhhhhhhh...

watch some better movies, dude

• Members

Taking comic book movies seriously is weird.

• Members

You know, after my last post about superman I'd actually love to see a reimagined superman movie just taking the concept loosely.

Keep the whole being sent to Earth while Krypton is about to be destroyed thing but make Superman's personality a little more realistic and less boyscoutish. Also it'd be awesome if they incorporated a little more alien tech into the character. Like, say he looks more different than a human normally. His blue eyes could, for example, be too bright of a blue for a person's and those glasses he wears as Clark Kent are made of a sort of Kryptonite that prevents them from reacting to our sunlight and looking unnatural. Maybe his suit, even, could incorporate some more Kryptonian tech. The cape could be more of a royal-looking cape which would explain why the {censored} he'd even wear a cape in the first place. He could be a former prince. Ok I'm just being a nerd who doesn't like Superman that much cause he's boring as {censored}.

• Members

The Indiana Jones trilogy? Temple of Doom was complete garbage; hated that movie. The 1st Back to the Future was awesome, but the next 2 were just okay. Never seen any of the other on your list.

And when I say "perfect" trilogy, I mean that there is literally nothing I'd want to change about them. Everything was great IMO.

So with the exception of Toy Story, the Nolan Batman trilogy has great potential to be the only other perfect trilogy I've seen.

The original Star Wars was great, but even then, it had flaws. Jmo.

Is it still called a "trilogy" if they make a fourth one? Or a fifth one? Is that a quadlogy? A quint logy? Just curious.

• Members

Tetralogy and Pentalogy are the terms for those. Harry Potter is, incidentally, a Heptalogy.

Also, incidentally, the -logy suffix comes from the greek logos meaning speech or story. A field like Sociology is, then, at root, the discussion of the social etymologically rather than just the study of it. That's what makes it a field rather than a personal interest.

• Members

Im sorry but I personally know Batman and he will verify that he did.

• Members

I'm ambivalent about seeing the latest installment of the Dark Knight trilogy. I thought the other two were ugly, humorless, cruel and kind of dumb. I'm not really fussy when it comes to big dumb comic book movies, they go good with popcorn. But for me, this Batman trilogy has been pretty unappealing.

Archived