OT: Bane wanna be attacks!

mhuxtable

• Members

I actually agree with this, unfortunately. There are just too many guns now. Which makes any type of real gun control, pretty much impossible.

And you try to tell me I am a close minded asshole then agree with me in a single sentence! I love you sir. I wish no harm to ever come to you or a loved one. Do I want to use my gun on a person? {censored} no. If I can talk a person out of coming into my home I would do it. Taking a life isn't something that anyone should look for. It doesn't solve problems.

• Replies 386
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

So does the ban on gay marriage, and the danger this lady perceives is very real. She actually worries about losing out on eternity with God, some serious mental anguish. Personally as long as there are armies and police in the world, let alone murderers I'd like to keep my options open.

No no I am completely in favor of lifting the ban on gay marriage. I was saying that that is a freedom that doesn't hurt anyone contrary to what some deranged people might think. I really don't feel the need to respect someone's fantasy that their neighbor's sex life will damn them to hell. I'm talking about tangible danger that a reasonable person can perceive.

• Members

No no i am completely in favor of lifting the ban on gay marriage. I was saying that that is a freedom that doesn't hurt anyone contrary to what some deranged people might think.

And that is my point. Not trying to pick a fight here, just saying perception is everything.

• Members

heres an idea. stop making guns for consumers and stop selling them to people. its a start.

people seem to have the misconception that gun ownership deters criminals. it doesn't. law enforcement and economic policy deter crime.

Populations in which people carry tend to have less violent crime.

• Members

heres an idea. stop making guns for consumers and stop selling them to people. its a start.

people seem to have the misconception that gun ownership deters criminals. it doesn't. law enforcement and economic policy deter crime.

How does me not being able to buy a gun stop a criminal from buying an illegal firearm in an alley? Oh yeah, it doesn't. Sorry, you're not making a difference and police don't stop murders. They try and solve them AFTER they happen.

• Members

No I didn't. I do carry. I have no desire to shoot anyone, but I'll be damned if I'm going to protect myself and my family.

Populations in which people carry tend to have less violent crime.

Take a look at new york city. New York has extremely low crime rates of all types and extremely strict gun control laws. It's extremely extremely hard to get a gun there. What keeps crime down is the fact that there are police everywhere and the population is relatively wealthy in a lot of areas.

• Members

I didn't brush you. I read your naive spew that is out of touch with how things are. Your outlook works if things weren't the way they are. This isn't 1776. That {censored} isn't relevant at all. You're stuck on the same out look man. One {censored}ign outlook, and it doesn't involve the big picture. You have to deal with things as they are. Until you reeducate Americans and find a way to do away with poverty stricken areas that breed a good majority of criminals you have to go with the {censored}ing flow. Talking about 1776 does what? Nothing. Guns have evolved. There isn't {censored} that can be done about this because it's already happened. Keep preaching your unrealistic views and I will keep giggling at how out of touch you are.

Yes, guns have certainly evolved, as has society. But the 2nd amendment has not. If the framers were alive today, do you think they would've written the Constitution any differently? I think if they could see our current state, they certainly most would have. That may be looking back, but that's what every gun toting American wants to do, go back to a very simplistic 2nd Amendment without any sort of debate about what should be relative for the year 2012 and beyond.

But to say nothing can be done, is somehow sad and quite depressing. Do we need a larger catastrophe to really shake things up? Until one is personally affected by something like this, we too often don't want to, or understand how to get involved. Funny when gas prices hit $4 a gallon, there's a near riot in the streets. But this? We'll be outraged for 24-48 hours, then we'll be back talking about pedals or other {censored}.

Poverty is a problem with violence, but in this case, the dude was getting his PhD. Mentally unstable, with quick and easy access to guns, whether legally purchased or not. Same result.

• Members

How does me not being able to buy a gun stop a criminal from buying an illegal firearm in an alley? Oh yeah, it doesn't. Sorry, you're not making a difference and police don't stop murders. They try and solve them AFTER they happen.

It stops as many illegal firearms from being available because fewer are around if there's no consumer market. I'm referring to guns which are legal to own but illegally obtained. The rest is an issue of smuggling control which is not exactly undoable.

• Members

No, I really am not. You seem to think having no guns will lead to some disaster. Yeah just like the wild land of criminal law that is England and any number of other countries that get by just fine without lead spewing cock substitutes.

Right.. I'm 42 years old and I've never even seen a real gun, never been threatened by one, never been in a position where I wished I had one, nobody I know owns one. It works for me.

... although a gun would be pretty handy for shooting dangerous dogs when they attack people. :p

• Members

V you said a few times now you were done. Why are you continuing this debate? I like someone who stands behind their word. If you feel so strongly about this, get off your internet soap box and start making moves on a political platform to reform gun laws in your city/state. If you don't want to do that, please hush. You are willing to complain and rant but not willing to use your time wisely to try and make a difference. That is silly. Also I support stricter gun laws. It is kind of sketchy I walked in had a minimal back ground check gave them 450 dollars and walked out with a assault rifle.

• Members

..... to me that just sounds hyper paranoid and slightly unhinged if I'm honest.

Right.. I'm 42 years old and I've never even seen a real gun, never been threatened by one, never been in a position where I wished I had one, nobody I know owns one. It works for me.

... although a gun would be pretty handy for shooting dangerous dogs when they attack people.
:p

Or I am acknowledging that this happens on a daily basis. I don't lose sleep over any of this. I didn't before owning a gun and I don't while owning a gun.

• Members

And you try to tell me I am a close minded asshole then agree with me in a single sentence! I love you sir. I wish no harm to ever come to you or a loved one. Do I want to use my gun on a person? {censored} no. If I can talk a person out of coming into my home I would do it. Taking a life isn't something that anyone should look for. It doesn't solve problems.

I didn't say you were close minded, I just said you were an asshole. There's a difference :D

And can't I disagree with you on some things, but agree on others? I do think there is such a flood of guns in our country, and south of us (thanks to the US) that truly controlling all guns and who owns them is pretty damn near impossible. You would have to have the military going door to door, which will never happen. But some sort of future preventative measures could be taken. That's what I'm saying. Like mental screenings for future would be gun owners. It would be difficult to enforce, I confess.

• Members

It stops as many illegal firearms from being available because fewer are around if there's no consumer market. I'm referring to guns which are legal to own but illegally obtained. The rest is an issue of smuggling control which is not exactly undoable.

Until guns are shipped in from Mexico from drug cartels. Which is happening. Life sucks bro. Get use to it.

• Members

V you said a few times now you were done. Why are you continuing this debate? I like someone who stands behind their word. If you feel so strongly about this, get off your internet soap box and start making moves on a political platform to reform gun laws in your city/state. If you don't want to do that, please hush. You are willing to complain and rant but not willing to use your time wisely to try and make a difference. That is silly. Also I support stricter gun laws. It is kind of sketchy I walked in had a minimal back ground check gave them 450 dollars and walked out with a assault rifle.

I calmed down a bit after cranking my amp and beating the {censored} out of my guitar. Anyway, I resent that you are trying to silence me. I have not once said anyone should shut up or not voice their opinion. And I do very intentionally live in a states with relatively low gun ownership. I can voice my opinion in many ways. I can influence public opinion through a forum debate (however minor), I can run for office if I want to (I don't), I can also not live in high gun ownership areas can't I?

• Members

I didn't say you were close minded, I just said you were an asshole. There's a difference
:D

And can't I disagree with you on some things, but agree on others? I do think there is such a flood of guns in our country, and south of us (thanks to the US) that truly controlling all guns and who owns them is pretty damn near impossible. You would have to have the military going door to door, which will never happen. But some sort of future preventative measures could be taken. That's what I'm saying. Like mental screenings for future would be gun owners. It would be difficult to enforce, I confess.

You can disagree all you want, but everything you disagreed with is based around what you agreed with. So it's just a bit weird. ha. I support mental screening and preventive measures. I strongly support such actions and find it very disturbing that this isn't something people aim for. Pun not intended.

• Members

Until guns are shipped in from Mexico from drug cartels. Which is happening. Life sucks bro. Get use to it.

Yeah it does. Having a gun to blow away those drug lords is not going to work. That requires serious governmental intervention. You're talking about treating symptoms with weapon ownership and the real problem is the cause of those symptoms.

• Members

And as regular as clockwork threads like this turn into a 2nd Amendment cluster {censored} on page 2.

Back to the OP: The shooter's residence is wired up seven ways from Sunday. Police stymied.

Holy {censored}.

Also the dude looks kinda like the joker and told the cops he was the joker.

• Members

they should serial number all ammunition at production and then shut down any supply lines that consistently lead to crimes from said ammo. Wont fix all the issues, but I'd say a good chunk.

Not a bad idea. It'd have to be actually embedded in the bullets somehow, though.

• Members

I calmed down a bit after cranking my amp and beating the {censored} out of my guitar. Anyway, I resent that you are trying to silence me. I have not once said anyone should shut up or not voice their opinion. And I do very intentionally live in a states with relatively low gun ownership. I can voice my opinion in many ways. I can influence public opinion through a forum debate (however minor), I can run for office if I want to (I don't), I can also not live in high gun ownership areas can't I?

You have the right to say as you please. I don't want to silence you, I was just pointing out you were saying you were over this but kept coming back. I like debating these kinds of social issues. They are something I believe that shouldn't be ignored. My problem is soap box preaching doesn't educate. You're forcing your beliefs down ones throat essentially when you could actually be doing something on a political platform that could truly make a difference. I have reached a point in my life where if I want something changed I want to make an effort. Mainly due to my bass player who is highly active in local politics and has become a delegate for the 2012 presidential elections. I have reach the point were I will listen to what you have to say, but if you're going to just rant and not try and take some kind of action then I can't take you seriously.

• Members

And as regular as clockwork threads like this turn into a 2nd Amendment cluster {censored} on page 2.

Back to the OP: The shooter's residence is wired up seven ways from Sunday. Police stymied.

Holy {censored} that is amazing. Smart guy I guess. Evil, but smart. Earlier reports were saying it wasn't booby trapped, then they retracked that statement. I guess it was worse than first suspected perhaps. I need a beer...

Archived