OT: Bane wanna be attacks!

mhuxtable

• Members

I don't see how that improves the '...then only outlaws will have bullets" paradox at the heart of the issue.

And I don't think that's really in the spirit of the second amendment anyway. I mean how does ammo NOT relate to arms directly?

There are some folks that believe this is already happening in a covert, tinfoil hat sort of way. The price of ammunition has risen dramatically in the last few years. It's a decent idea but people are determined. Most of the people in my step-fathers gun club do their own hand loading and many cast their own rounds. Before anybody wigs out this club is a single action cowboy style shooting club filled mostly with cops.

Most gun enthusiasts load their own bullets.

• Replies 386
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I'm not sure if it was you, V, or not, but crohny is right....if someone has a gun pointed at me in my house, I don't give a {censored} if they're bluffing or not, and I'm not gonna wait to find out.

So you're going to reach for a gun and get shot in the face? Good plan.

• Members

There are some folks that believe this is already happening in a covert, tinfoil hat sort of way. The price of ammunition has risen dramatically in the last few years. It's a decent idea but people are determined. Most of the people in my step-fathers gun club do their own hand loading and many cast their own rounds. Before anybody wigs out this club is a single action cowboy style shooting club filled mostly with cops.

Well when Obama was elected, the NRA and their ilk immediately told everyone he was going to take their guns, and you better get what you can now, including ammunition. Turns out Obama has had a lot on his plate the last few years, and taking on the powerful gun lobby is probably not the best political move now. And I would imagine if anyone ties in ammunition to having a separate license, I'm sure every piece of ammunition would sell out quickly. But still, it's a valid idea to pursue.

• Members

if you guys are seriously arguing that it's as easy to kill a load of people with a bolt action rifle as it is with an AK or an AR variant then i gotta leave.

You're missing the point. Any firearm is incredibly dangerous, and even more so in the hands of a skilled user. All of the technical debate is about the media and many who are in favor of gun control not understanding that a semi-auto military style rifle isn't a squad automatic weapon like Stallone wielded at the end of Rambo.

A person who knows how to use a hunting rifle could kill an ass load of people in a very shorty time.

A person with considerable training on how to use a high-capacity military style rifle can kill a bigger ass load of people in a very short time.

A person with a basic knowledge of chemistry can kill more people than the two above combined in a fraction of a second.

The problem is crazy people, not guns.

• Members

:facepalm:

Like I said earlier....if you REALLY don't know the ins and outs of what you're talking about, you probably shouldn't speak on the subject.

What do i not understand about this situation.

Guy has a gun in your face. You try to protect yourself with a gun. He freaks out and shoots you in the face. This is not brain surgery.

• Members

The problem is crazy people, not guns.

The problem is crazy/mentally ill people, and evil people with guns. McVeigh and his partner were one of the few that killed many people using "chemistry". 9-11 happened via planes. And those were concerted efforts of terrorism. Gun killings like this one, are much more common, and in total, kill a lot more people annually.

• Members

What do i not understand about this situation.

Guy has a gun in your face. You try to protect yourself with a gun. He freaks out and shoots you in the face. This is not brain surgery.

Ok, let's take the ENTIRE situation into context. If you hear someone breaking in, your weapon is already ready by the time you engage the intruder....if you see a gun, you fire. I gaurantee a law abiding gun owner is better trained than some thug breaking in and they'll be a better shot, thus saving your family/home/property/self. You don't wait to see who broke in and if they have a weapon to go grab your own weapon.

• Members

Ok, let's take the ENTIRE situation into context. If you hear someone breaking in, your weapon is already ready by the time you engage the intruder....if you see a gun, you fire. I gaurantee a law abiding gun owner is better trained than some thug breaking in and they'll be a better shot, thus saving your family/home/property/self. You don't wait to see who broke in and if they have a weapon to go grab your own weapon.

So, you just started a firefight with someone who for some reason must clearly be ill-trained even thought they also own a gun instead of not having a fire fight. Yeah that's totally safer.

• Members

How can you guarantee me, that the average law abiding gun owner is better trained? That's a real stretch. A lot of gun owners don't necessarily use or train with their gun. They have them, they put them away. The problem is, in many of these situations, you're sound asleep (assuming the break-in is at night). Your gun is stored safely (especially if you have children), you may even keep your ammunition separate for safety sakes, the intruder is in your home, maybe you hear him, maybe you don't. If you do hear him, you're probably disoriented, it's dark, adrenaline is pumping all of a sudden. How will you really react? No one knows, really. Now maybe you Hux, will react differently. A lot of "average" gun owners, may not be able to use their gun in time, many end up having it used against them. I dunno, as I certainly do see pros and cons of owning guns. I'm not totally anti gun. I get that way when I see so many people killed and injured senselessly. If I had to give up my rights to own a gun, knowing no one else would have one either, I clearly would. But of course that's wishful thinking.

• Members

So, you just started a firefight with someone who for some reason must clearly be ill-trained even thought they also own a gun instead of not having a fire fight. Yeah that's totally safer.

There's nothing safe about a home invasion with an armed intruder to begin with.

• Members

How many people were killed and/or injured by the VW? I can't be bothered to look it up, but maybe you have the facts.

I agree, people are the problem. But the tools they use are the problem too. And lack of proper mental health care is also a really big problem, thank you President Reagan for that. WHen (primarily) young men decide they can't cope with society for whatever reason, usually it's a gun and related devices that they use to unleash their hate/anger.

Again, I know it isn't fair to law abiding gun owners. I wish there was a way to allow the "right" people to own guns, while not allowing the nut jobs to have them. This fella in Colorado apparently purchased these guns legally less than 6 months ago. Not sure anyone could have stopped him. About the only group I could think of that might have some insight, are the faculty he was working with when he began the withdrawal process of his PhD. I'll be curious to hear what they thought of him.

I honestly never saw anything in relation to how many dead and how many just injured, The video is brutal and it's malicious as {censored}. Hearing heads bouncing off the windshield made me cringe.

• Members

man Phil, sure wish you'd close this gun lovers circle jerk....oh wait you seem to be one of them. My life partner is directly effected by this tragedy, she is a CU Medical School student, and knew who the shooter was. Her lab was shut down by the bomb squad and dogs and stuff....it is an awful tragedy, with real, tangible human consequences. NOT an opportunity for gun enthusiasts to opine. {censored} THIS THREAD IN THE ASS WITH AN AUTOMATIC WEAPON.

• Members

man Phil, sure wish you'd close this gun lovers circle jerk....oh wait you seem to be one of them. My life partner is directly effected by this tragedy, she is a CU Medical School student, and knew who the shooter was. Her lab was shut down by the bomb squad and dogs and stuff....it is an awful tragedy, with real, tangible human consequences. NOT an opportunity for gun enthusiasts to opine. {censored} THIS THREAD IN THE ASS WITH AN AUTOMATIC WEAPON.

Actually it's these kind of tragedies that will be used as 'proof' of the necessity of taking guns away from citizens, so it IS an opportunity to chime in in defense of the second amendment.

Archived