OT: Bane wanna be attacks!

mhuxtable

• Members

Dude, is all you trust the "bug media"? If you think that's the entire spectrum of what really goes on I feel sorry for you....they are entertainment just like everything else on tv and they're gonna put on what gets viewers watching and looking at advertisements.

Not sure what Bug Media is, lol. I said what I want is data from a reliable source, like maybe a govt agency that tracks this sort of {censored}. Not Faux News or MSNBC, etc. All I said about Big Media, is in reference to shootings like this one, Arizona, etc. And that these sort of shootings have victims that are basically not associated with their attackers. Unlike the 2 drunk guys that knife each over a girl scenario I mentioned before.

• Replies 386
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I need some real data from a reliable source before I believe this point blank. The majority of this big media shootings that get coverage, are not like that. But I'm sure there are a lot of homicides that don't get a ton of coverage are done by relatives, friends, etc.

Is the US Govt reliable?

In 14% of all murders, The victim and the offender were strangers

http://bjs.ojp.usdoj.gov/content/homicide/relationship.cfm

• Members

I already explained why I used that example. Also to say that I don't have a reason to defend myself with a gun isn't a right I deserve is pretty irrational. You live in a dream world man.

If you want to get yourself killed or kill someone else with your gun be my guest man. Does that make you feel better?

• Members

I need some real data from a reliable source before I believe this point blank. The majority of this big media shootings that get coverage, are not like that. But I'm sure there are a lot of homicides that don't get a ton of coverage are done by relatives, friends, etc.

Google this {censored} man. This isn't something new. {censored} go to your local police station and ask them about national statistics that deal with this. There is more than enough proof out there.

• Members

Forget your gun bans. Not gonna happen in America-ever. What we need to do is address people like this guy that have obvious psychological problems.
This was no surprise to his parents. That tells me lots of people knew of this guy's problems but laws prevent dealing with these people.

You're on to something here, I think. But if we think regulating guns is difficult, regulating who might be mentally ill, and a possible danger to society, well we'll be putting a lot of people in institutions. At one time, we had a much better system for treating mentally ill people, but it cost money, and Reagan did a lot to undue this. It's still impacting us today. But it might be time to address how we deal with people who are having "issues".

In this case, I don't think there's much society could have done to prevent this, but time will tell the whole story I suppose.

• Members

You're on to something here, I think. But if we think regulating guns is difficult, regulating who might be mentally ill, and a possible danger to society, well we'll be putting a lot of people in institutions. At one time, we had a much better system for treating mentally ill people, but it cost money, and Reagan did a lot to undue this. It's still impacting us today. But it might be time to address how we deal with people who are having "issues".

In this case, I don't think there's much society could have done to prevent this, but time will tell the whole story I suppose.

{censored} society doing something. Why the hell didn't his own mother do something?

• Members

I'm not sure we both saw the same movie.

Now I'm for reals out.

Ok, yeah the movie definitely shows Bane and his people as like semi-communist occupier types and there's also a definite parallel between their literal occupation and the occupy movement, but beyond that the movie also has charters (like catwoman) on the other side who are sympathetic to the idea of economic equality but not to Bane's methods. Like, quite often the evil of the rich is repeated and the rich people, besides Wayne who actually becomes poorer as he becomes better, are all corrupt criminals. I don't think the things Bane says are meant to be disagreed with. That's part of why he's creepy. You can understand his perspective but he's also a sociopath.

• Members
Right. I don't think most people would need them from hunting but it's possible someone might so they should be allowed to use them for that purpose. I suppose if there were a local reason for an exemption of the ban like dangerous wildlife I would have that region apply for an exemption from the federal ban.

And no, I don't have anything else in particular that I think the public should be banned from using. I don't have a problem with non-lethal weapons and I am usually more in favor of regulating drugs than banning them.

That's a pretty interesting point of view. I can't say I agree with you but I don't think there is anything I could say that would change your mind either. :p

• Members

Is the US Govt reliable?

US Data is often the most reliable, if it isn't politically controlled. The date you have listed here comes from the FBI. I would say this is reliable. In any event, that data is interesting, and yes it says 14% are unrelated, but also the largest percentage, at over 35%, the relationship is undetermined. Not sure what that really means, other than there is no relationship. So in other words, I can interpret this as victims of homicide are 49% are unknown and/or unrelated.

• Members

{censored} society doing something. Why the hell didn't his own mother do something?

Good question. I'm sure the media will be relentless finding out. He may have always been on the verge of being unstable, but not enough for anyone to do anything. He had no prior run in with the law, he was a {censored}ing PhD student until just recently. Something here, must have finally snapped.

• Members

US Data is often the most reliable, if it isn't politically controlled. The date you have listed here comes from the FBI. I would say this is reliable. In any event, that data is interesting, and yes it says 14% are unrelated, but also the largest percentage, at over 35%, the relationship is undetermined. Not sure what that really means, other than there is no relationship. So in other words, I can interpret this as victims of homicide are 49% are unknown and/or unrelated.

Unknown means just that...they don't know the relationship, if you wanted to be fair about it, you'd split that unknown down the middle and say half were strangers and half had some sort of relationship

• Members

Wiggling girls are much better than guns, I'll take this anyday. In fact, it might be time I attended to my own lady soon...see you suckers later...

This we can agree on.

• Members

Back on the topic someone is actually blaming trekkies for this. {censored}ing

Ah yeah. In the comics Batman does some consulting for the Federation but apparently Nolan thought that was too "unrealistic" and a lot of Trekkies were upset because they were hoping Nolan would throw them a bone and at least do a Picard cameo through a hallucination or something but nothing. Not even one mention of Batman's fight against the Borg in those 8 years he was missing. It's a crime what Nolan has done with the franchise, really.

Archived