If your Dad plays rock and rocks but doesn't play Dad Rock is it still Dad Rock?

Loobs

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

{censored} it dude I love dad rock. Steely Dan, Phil Collins, Jimmy Buffet, the whole nine yards. I will wear that badge proudly. I never pass up an opportunity to sing "Easy Lover" for karaoke. That and "Separate Ways" by Journey.

• Members

Also my dad beats all your dads. He owned a radio station here in Seattle and was a show promoter. His record collection is immaculate (DJ copy of DSOTM top the list) and has smoked weed with Eric Clapton and bob marley

• Members

My dad likes Enya. I'm a dad too, and I'm into Baroness, Mastodon and Deftones. My kids like crap pop music. The 11 year old played that damn "call me maybe" song for 4 hours continuous yesterday (I wasn't home, thankfully). I would say I win this contest.

• Members

Quote Originally Posted by IRG

View Post

My dad likes Enya. I'm a dad too, and I'm into Baroness, Mastodon and Deftones. My kids like crap pop music. The 11 year old played that damn "call me maybe" song for 4 hours continuous yesterday (I wasn't home, thankfully). I would say I win this contest.

that {censored}ing song makes me feel like Tyler Durden, I want to destroy something beautiful.

• Members

The whole idea of dad rock assumes that your dad isn't very cool and listens to brainless MOR {censored}.

My kids are going to grow up thinking Battles is dad rock. They're going to think Trout Mask Replica is the ultimate dad rock album because their dad really likes it and their mum thinks its {censored}ing terrible
:thu:

You literally are going to become my dad.

Which is cool, man.

Archived