If your Dad plays rock and rocks but doesn't play Dad Rock is it still Dad Rock?

Loobs

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members
You literally are going to become my dad.

Which is cool, man.

Time warp paradox Kyle Reese {censored}. Alrighty.

But seriously- my normally even tempered and musically broad-minded wife gets really {censored}ing angry at the mere mention of Captain Beefheart. She hates that album more than anyone has a right to hate anything that didn't do something really unpleasant to a family member :freak:

• Members

Promoters are assholes.

Everyone knows that.

Um, alright? This was when promoters actually tried helping bands get exposure instead of trying to scam them but at least you found a way to be condescending anyways.

• Members

my dad has a pretty great pre '95 sense of music and rock but he fell off after that for the most part. now he gets drunk and plays acoustic all the time making up songs about practically everything that he does. he plays guitar and sings about making martini's or cooking hamburgers or drinking beer and riding on the mower cutting grass.

• Members

It generally involves beards, and vests, and banjos, and tons of vocal reverb. Hey, what's the difference between a banjo and an onion? Nobody cries when you cut up a banjo.

lol

I don't mind Fleet Foxes or Father John Misty... but where my taste is concerned Vetiver's Errant Charm blows them away in the whole West Coast folkie revival scene.

• Members

my dad has a pretty great pre '95 sense of music and rock but he fell off after that for the most part. now he gets drunk and plays acoustic all the time making up songs about practically everything that he does. he plays guitar and sings about making martini's or cooking hamburgers or drinking beer and riding on the mower cutting grass.

Your dad is a true warrior. He has seen the light!

Archived