So what are you expecting from Santa's big red sack?

Loobs

• Replies 135
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Quote Originally Posted by christianatl

View Post

A flashlight and a utility knife.

Boring, I know.

I discovered a community of flashlight enthusiasts online while searching for a new light to keep in my car.

it was like the tgp of flashlights. people posting crazy in depth reviews as well as multiple "beam shots" and graphs that demonstrated candle power as well as battery life and light dispersion patterns.

{censored} was so weird

• Members

since i just graduated from college, this is my last christmas where im spoiled by my family. and it'll be the last time i can afford gear. so.

if i get the usual amount of money from grandparents and parents i plan on being completely irresponsible and not save a dime of it and get all the stuff i've been meaning to buy for my rig.

tim

micro pog

a second delay

something to replace my verbzilla (it works fine but its ugly)

and something to upgrade from my dunlop brick. its been faithful and true since 2008 but i'd like something with isolated outputs.

i wont have enough money to buy all of that. im not THAT spoiled. but its the list of possibilities.

• Members

Quote Originally Posted by ben_allison

View Post

Meerschaum? Briar?

Churchwarden? Billiard?

Details man.

I just ordered a Missouri Meerschaum cob with an amazon giftcard, as I don't actually own a cob yet. But I'm asking for either a Hardcastle (Dunhill seconds) or a Peterson. Although churchwardens do look cool (the Hobbit blah.gifblah.gifblah.gif), they're hard to hold in the mouth.

I was looking into this

marquis_a.png

any tobaccos you recommend? i'm kind of a noob, but i'm doing my research.

• Members

Quote Originally Posted by Zappa74

View Post

I discovered a community of flashlight enthusiasts online while searching for a new light to keep in my car.

it was like the tgp of flashlights. people posting crazy in depth reviews as well as multiple "beam shots" and graphs that demonstrated candle power as well as battery life and light dispersion patterns.

{censored} was so weird

So which flashlight should I buy?

• Members

Quote Originally Posted by amarr1

View Post

I just ordered a Missouri Meerschaum cob with an amazon giftcard, as I don't actually own a cob yet. But I'm asking for either a Hardcastle (Dunhill seconds) or a Peterson. Although churchwardens do look cool (the Hobbit blah.gifblah.gifblah.gif), they're hard to hold in the mouth.

I was looking into this

marquis_a.png

Holland House Black Cavendish.

• Members

Quote Originally Posted by amarr1

View Post

Well the first rule: no aromatics! Save that vanilla crap for your corncob pipe.

Next, you need to decide if you want the purer, simpler, more BBQ-y flavor of a straight Virginia leaf, or the spicier, soapier flavor of an English. Try to only smoke one type in a pipe; a pipe that's seen a lot of English will totally overpower the more subtle favors of a straight Virgina.

For my part it's really hard to go wrong with anything from McClelland. The Frog Morton series is a never-fail classic, and others like Dark Star are great too.

Archived