A consolidation of Mooer Micro Pedal reviews.

• Replies 348
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I am fairly certain that I don't want to pay $88 for a mooer pedal, so I am going to have to be patient and wait for Marcmart and dhgate to discount the pedals on my target list:

Green Mile

Trelicopter

Ana Echo (checked off now)

Though, if I can manage to snag a Guyatone VT3 first for less than $50...

• Members

Quote Originally Posted by DigiTechRep

View Post

Looks like DHGate just raised their prices.

You can probably still get a deal from a "Best Deal" ebay auction. The MOOERs I ordered on the 20th look like they're make it here today. Check out the seller gracebuy_trade. More than likely I'll end up picking up a whole slew of these puppies...

• Members

I bought a Green Mile over a week ago for the equivalent of about US$55 locally. Used it at a weekend jam. Epi Dot with GFS Mean '90's thru the Green Mile and clean boost pedals into a 10W Class A tube amp.

I have to say it a very usable TS clone in the Warm mode. Quite smooth as a lead tone and great for those classic rock crunch chords. Switching to Hot mode brings a big jump in volume and tone. So I didn't use the Hot mode, but I seemed to detect much less compression. (Can someone confirm this?) So IMO, switching mode on the fly is not possible, as I would have to twiddle the 3 knobs hurriedly to get to my sweet spots.

I've owned and tried a number of TS clones, including an Arion, FD2 Mosfet 10th Anniv., Ibanez TS808RI, TS-5, TS-7, TS-9, TS-10, Vox, MIAudio Blues Pro and Blue Boy Deluxe, Maxon OD-808, and Joyo. I intend to end up with a Maxon 808 when I finally let go other pedals. In the meantime, this Mooer will serve its purpose.

It's a bit more expensive than a Joyo, but will recover quite a bit of pedalboard space, specially I were to get a series of Mooers.

PROS:

- smooth and usable as most non-boutique TS clones

- space-saving

CONS:

- big difference between Warm and Hot modes forces me to use one or the other;

on the fly mode switching not practical

- needs a wall wart, and therefore not so portable.

• Members

Quote Originally Posted by caeman

View Post

Legitimate brands? Is this a not-so-subtle dig at Asian-made pedals?

Just the cheap, blatant rip-offs who's build quality and customer service can be questionable (joyo, behringer, whoever made that super {censored}ty deep blue delay knock off)

• Members

I see. Well, then you can leave this thread since their very existence disgusts you so, Zappa, and let the rest of us have our little inexpensive playground.

In other news, no update to my postal tracking code. Maybe they are waiting to fill up the shipping container. biggrin.gif

• Members

Quote Originally Posted by Will Chen

View Post

I'm 22 days into a wait for a Joyo and 10 days into my wait for the MOOERs. Big suck. The last Joyo I ordered took around 10 days for delivery. I've ordered a few times from China and never had anything take longer than 2 weeks until now. Had I known it would've been a month I might've opted for a domestic dealer with stock on hand. Having money tied up this long (even the little money these cost) makes me nervous. If there's an issue, I wonder how long it will take to resolve...

Quote Originally Posted by Zappa74

View Post

Suddenly the price for legitimate brands doesn't seem so bad.

View Post

I see. Well, then you can leave this thread since their very existence disgusts you so, Zappa, and let the rest of us have our little inexpensive playground.

I'm no brand name whore myself, but after reading Will Chen's situation, Zappa did have a point. Waiting that long for something sucks more than spending an extra $30.

• Members

Patience is a virtue. Too many people these days have it now! Instant! Don't buy a real book, download it! I need the news NOW! Give me my smart phone!

We all need to slow down and begin looking at he world around us again. Good things come to those that wait.

But then again, I'm not rich. I can no longer waste an extra $30 to "get it right now".

• Members

View Post

Patience is a virtue. Too many people these days have it now! Instant! Don't buy a real book, download it! I need the news NOW! Give me my smart phone!

We all need to slow down and begin looking at he world around us again. Good things come to those that wait.

But then again, I'm not rich. I can no longer waste an extra $30 to "get it right now".

I agree with you completely, still waiting an extra week for something and waiting around in the dark for possibly nothing are two separate things.

• Members

View Post

My MOOERs got in yesterday, though I didn't have time to play them. 10 working days (though Saturdays are actually working days for the USPS as well, didn't count them; 16 if I count weekends and the holiday) is totally and completely acceptable in my book. My Joyo Sweet Baby which I bought on Aug 8th is still apparently in New York. That is far too long to wait. Nothing to do with a lack of patience, it has to do with money being tied up in a product I'm not sure even works or if I'll like it. Like I mentioned before, the deal on the MOOERs was worth the wait endured, even longer would've been fine due to the deep discount. I didn't get nearly as good a deal on the JOYO in comparison and if I order another JOYO I won't be using the seller I got this one from. I've ordered many things from China and 2 weeks is the average delivery time, a month is unacceptable.

Anyway, back on topic. Can't wait to play the Hustle and Cruncher tonight!!!!!! I briefly considered the Trem and ReEcho, but I've got a Zoom G3 on my board which really handles mod and delay fine.

Archived