A consolidation of Mooer Micro Pedal reviews.

• Replies 348
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Quote Originally Posted by caeman

View Post

You can fit 7 or 8 of these on a PT-Nano. That is awesome sauce on top of fantasticake.

Quote Originally Posted by RoboPimp

View Post

don't get me wrong, I think that flange sounds nice and some of the others do too but you could have it in a 125B with top mounted jacks and take about the same space while having room for real sized knobs and a more stable platform.

You couldn't fit 7 or 8 125B boxes on a PT nano (or, if you can, please show me). Ergo: Win to 1590a format pedals for size. tongue.gif

icon_lol.gif

• Members

I am one of the "turn it on, leave in for a long time" kind of pedal users, so the small size of a 1590A is not a problem for me. I can imagine, though, that someone that more actively uses their board might need the Boss-sized pedals for greater stability.

• 2 weeks later...
  • Members

I just got the pitch box (scored it locally from someone for $75) and it's a cool little pedal. However, the way it tracks is sort of odd, IMO, and maybe someone else can confirm this.

Regardless of the mode it's in (harmony or pitch shift), it tracks gorgeously on the high e and b strings, gets a bit warble-y (from the pitch starting to drift) on the g and d strings, and is totally off (sharp if I'm not mistaken) when tracking the bottom strings. It seems like the lower you go in pitch on the instrument, little by little, the tracking starts to drift until, even with octaves, the pitch is very noticeably out of tune on the low e string. I don't believe you can "calibrate" or adjust the tracking on these, so I imagine that the pitch shifting is sort of tempered, in the sense that it is made to accent the higher register of the instrument at the expense of lower notes.

Despite this, I only use the octave up and 5ths settings when playing bright melodic lines or very clear, higher-position chords, so it doesn't bother me too much. The analog octave down function on my Slash fuzz destroys the Mooer for lower position bass notes, so I tend to default to that for those kinds of things.

• Members

I made a quick and {censored}ty recording of the Black Secret on max. gain. It does the usual Rat thing of completely sagging when you dig in on the low notes but I found boosting with an overdrive stopped that.

Riffage;

http://soundcloud.com/cirrusband/moo...cret-into-ac30

And some single notes higher up, followed by the "clean" tone;

http://soundcloud.com/cirrusband/moo...secret-lead-at

It's got just the right amount of bite I think.

Archived