A consolidation of Mooer Micro Pedal reviews.

• Replies 348
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I've just received this morning Eleclady and Triangle Buff, and I'm liking them a lot.

I've never had the original EHX Electric Mistress, nor the reissue, so I can't compare, but with the eleclady I can nail Andy Summers Police's sounds. Just noticed a little drop in volume when engaged, but very little, not a concern.

I like the Triangle Buff a lot, too. More than the Musket I used to have, this hasn't that crazy bottom end; sounds more natural to me. With sustain at noon, preceded by a Lovepedal Amp 11 and with eleclady and delay, it's Floyd's heaven!

• Members
Quote Originally Posted by Cirrus View Post
Hmmm. So what we have here, are very small pedals, based on well loved designs, that sell for cheap and actually sound really good.

There must be a catch somewhere. Are the cases made out of asbestos?
So the pedals are canadian? CALLING HIWATTBOB!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• Members

Got my Ana Delay a few days ago, been playing quite a bit. I really dig it. Very simple, just dark, juicy analog delay. No volume drop, which was a problem with the Shimverb-- it bugged me more and more as I used it. I haven't noticed that high pitched whine/comb filtering/etc at all, but this delay for me is strictly for slapback, one loud repeat. The whine may be something that happens on longer delay times or with more repeats. In any case, this thing suits me perfectly. I love slapback, and this is all the space I had on the board.

• Members
Quote Originally Posted by Cirrus View Post
Hmmm. So what we have here, are very small pedals, based on well loved designs, that sell for cheap and actually sound really good.

There must be a catch somewhere. Are the cases made out of asbestos?
anyone have a list of the pedals they're based on?

• Members

Quote Originally Posted by big_cat

View Post

anyone have a list of the pedals they're based on?

Here's a clue. Look at the color and font the name of the pedal is written in. If you're schooled on pedals, should be pretty easy to figure out the vast majority of them using that and the control layout.

• Members

Quote Originally Posted by One Man Banned

View Post

Yeah, when the company I ordered my Blue Comp and Pure Octave from told me they couldn't get them because they were recalled I had them send me a couple of Reecho pedals instead. The should be here sometime next week. thumb.gif

Just listened to this demo. Wow, that really sounds like a nice pedal especially right at the end where you can here the subtle modulation from presumably the tape model.

• Members

OK...my last batch of Mooer pedals has arrived. Other than ordering a few backups of my favorites I probably won't place another order until they come out with something new (hopefully they'll re-release the Pure Octave and Blue Comp soon) so this will be my last review for a while but I encourage other users to post their opinions (good and bad) as well. Here it goes...

Mooer Reecho
Wow! If you've seen the video above you have some idea of what it sounds like...but playing it in person gives you the full story...it's good...really good. All the modes sound great. Long and short delay sounds from DM-2 to Deluxe Memory Man. It's just sounds great and when you consider the cost there is just no reason NOT to have one or two of these on your board...and the size makes it easy to squeeze them in there without too much trouble. No volume drop when it engages...it does what you expect it to do and it does it well. Sounded great paired with the ElecLady flanger. Easily sounded like a setup 3 or 4 times more expensive than what you'll pay for it. Seriously, unless you hate delay there's no reason not to have one. I'd reach for it over similar models on my M-9, any Boss delay and a lot of other delays available to me.

Mooer ElecLady
I like the Deluxe Electric Mistress. It's probably my favorite flanger...I've tried the Hartman flanger which is a clone of the DEM and I have to say I actually like the Mooer ElecLady better. It's a little less warm than the DEM but it's definitely in the same ballpark tone wise. It nails that Andy Summers sound and gets some fairly classic flange tones. The filter matrix switch works like the DEM and is great for cello like leads when used with a saturated lead tone. It can get crazy squalls and screams when the color knob is tweaked. You'll also get weird whistles and whoops when the range is set in various positions so you'll want to play around with it a bit but overall, dialing in a great flange sound is pretty straight forward. There is no noticeable volume drop when engaged and like all Mooer pedals it seems fairly well made. If you like the EHX Deluxe Electric Mistress you'll find a lot to like here. It IS to the Deluxe Electric Mistress what the Ensemble King was to the CE-2. Check it out.

Mooer Rage Machine
OK...It's a metal pedal...it is like the Blade in that it is bright with the controls set at noon. Unlike the Blade, however, you're able to dial it back so that it's at least reasonably usable. It's not my favorite metal pedal, but not the utter door stop that the Blade is. It's actually nice for fast metal leads...cutting, lots of sustain without sounding too thin. It's not bad for rhythm but I tend to like my metal rhythm tones more pummeling with a lot of mid range growl. This pedal won't do that. The most useful tones were with the bass at about 4:00 (it really kicks in the low end goodies around 3:00 where it goes from suddenly thin to BOOM), the treble between 10:00 and 11:00 and the gain around 9:00 and 10:00. If you're looking for a main metal distortion sound this probably isn't it. If you're looking for a lead pedal for recording or live use, it just might do the trick.

• Members

Quote Originally Posted by KoskineN

View Post

The Chorus seems pretty cool! I love the CE-2 and I think the Mooer could be a good and cheaper alternative to the real thing.

It's pretty great. Played with it some more yesterday when I was testing out the ElecLady and the Reecho. The whole line is pretty solid in terms of what they deliver. The only ones I had any real issue with were the metal distortions and the Ana Echo. Everything else has performed as expected and then some. thumb.gif

• Members

View Post

Cool! Thanks for the infos! i'm gonna get one from Prymaxe as soon as the website is back online today!

Man, I almost wish I had ordered from Prymaxe. The wait time from China is excruciating. I've got a Joyo which supposedly shipped on the 8th. My MOOER pedals shipped on the 20th, I hope they don't take as long as the Joyo is taking...

• Members

View Post

Cool! Thanks for the infos! i'm gonna get one from Prymaxe as soon as the website is back online today!

Man, I almost wish I had ordered from Prymaxe. The wait time from China is excruciating. I've got a Joyo which supposedly shipped on the 8th. My MOOER pedals shipped on the 20th, I hope they don't take as long as the Joyo is taking...

Archived