Special food from your Region

Danox3

• Replies 182
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Im not suprised to see the austrian specials are relative healthy in comparison to the american stuff. Sure some things look tasty but I asked myself a couple times now "People eat this {censored}?!".

do you eat snitzle everyday?

because I dont eat or drink the stuff I posted everyday, but they are "local" eats not found easily outside of my area... which was what the thread asked for.

• Members

um, aside from the california roll all the other ones I believe are better known from other regions
:idk:

The chimichanga is a known Southwestern cuisine (heck you could say Mexican food as we know it is for that matter), back East a lot of places I've ate at never heard of it. You could walk into just about any Mex restaurant in the Southwest and order it up that way. The California burrito is straight out of SoCal. McDonald's started in San Bernardino, they basically invented the concept of the fast food chain as we know it today. Just saying.

• Members

Stacked enchiladas topped with a fried egg. :love: Although there is Mexican food throughout the US, the stacked enchiladas are a regional food, mostly in the state of New Mexico and 'far west' Texas where I grew up. The few mexican restaurants in the Dallas area that serve them (Chuy's) don't get it right - they change the recipe and it's not the same. :facepalm: It's just tortillas, red enchilada sauce, and plenty of cheese and diced onions. The Fried egg is optional.

l.jpg

• Members

The chimichanga is a known Southwestern cuisine (heck you could say Mexican food as we know it is for that matter), back East a lot of places I've ate at never heard of it. You could walk into just about any Mex restaurant in the Southwest and order it up that way. The California burrito is straight out of SoCal. McDonald's started in San Bernardino, they basically invented the concept of the fast food chain as we know it today. Just saying.

just sayin that a chimichanga, potato/fries burritio, and fast food burger are widely available anywhere in america to the point that I dont think you can call it local/regional ... there is nothing setting it apart enough to make that claim :idk: I imagine there are things only found in your region you could share instead like the others here are :idk:

• Members

My uncle is friends with the inventor of the garbage plate. I went down to his restaurant in Rochester one day to pick up for my cousin's grad party.

Do you ever listen to WHAM? My uncle is Mike Whittemore, he does mornings, I think he has a home improvement segment...

Philadelphia though is where I am from, I can't really give much regional food except the Pretzel and Cheesesteak. We get tastykake but NY gets that too..

Archived