Special food from your Region

Danox3

• Replies 182
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members
we went to 'the' mexican restaurant, complete with flavorless tortillas and ketchup-centric salsa.

Conversely I had hot dish in SD that put to shame any casserole I've tried that was made here in LA. To me regional food doesn't mean it cannot be had anywhere else but implies that in this region it has been taken to high art and/or defined the generally accepted parameters of the dish.

That's why I posted the things about us most likely missing the point to each other, because we were :lol: and I agree with the taqeria comment... seems mobile food is making a huge comeback in most major cities now oddly enough, with good quick eats as a result :thu:

in the next few years I hope to be in memphis for a visit, so I hope to try and sample that bbq and chicken posted above.

• Members

That's why I posted the things about us most likely missing the point to each other, because we were
:lol:
and I agree with the taqeria comment... seems mobile food is making a huge comeback in most major cities now oddly enough, with good quick eats as a result
:thu:

in the next few years I hope to be in memphis for a visit, so I hope to try and sample that bbq and chicken posted above.

hit me up if you ever plan on heading to memphis and i'll give you the lowdown. There's alot of awesome stuff to do here but there's alot of crappy worthless tourist traps too.

• Members

Chicago. My Favorites.

Italian Beef. I go with Portillos or Johnnys.

portillosman.jpg

Maxwell Street Polish. Just about everywhere does a good Polish.

maxwellstpolish.jpg

Deep Dish. Only eat it a handful of times a year, but Lou Malnatti's is my favorite. (pic looks like a Giordanos though)

3078099339dff7cc73d6.jpg

The Beef and Polish are regular parts of my diet. Deep dish not so much.

• Members
Mad enough to make a wager where loser plays some stupid video game.

sweet! I'm glad you read things well and have an open mind to experiences you are not familiar with! I hope those thinge earn you exactly what they should in life, as you seem quite deserving. :wave:

• Members

Corn-on-the-Cob.jpg

Not canned, not creamed, not casseroled. Fresh Sweet Corn on the cobb, from a local farmer, is the veggie of the gods.

Silo2.jpg

THIS is a proper breaded tenderloin. 7x the size of the bun, breaded with either crackers or bread crumbs and only available at small town, townie bars. If I were on death row, this is what I would choose as my last meal. Preferably from the Bucksnort in Neola, Iowa.

• Members

Silo2.jpg

THIS is a proper breaded tenderloin. 7x the size of the bun, breaded with either crackers or bread crumbs and only available at small town, townie bars. If I were on death row, this is what I would choose as my last meal. Preferably from the Bucksnort in Neola, Iowa.

BIG fan of these. Went to college in western Illinois and a lot of the bars and restaurants would serve these. First time I had one I was completely confused by the pork to bun ratio. I have obviously since grown to love it.

• Members
Harold's?

Harold's Chicken Shack?

Delicious. Cheap. Chicken.

Have you never been to one?

When I was going to school in Evanston I think there was one on emerson, or ridge... but there was also a philly's best closer so anytime I could save my pennies to afford a reward dinner, I would hit that place up :love: hmmm, chico steak sandwich

Archived