What will Roland's new synth be? Speculate here..

• Replies 743
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

If Roland didn't pay Craig to post that, they certainly should have.

:)

Yeah baby! A whole new concept...getting paid for not saying what something is :) Wow, I could make a frickin' fortune! Let me not tell you about 3,455 other products...

Seriously, I just emailed Roland to try to set up an appointment first day of the show so I can get a video up that night on HC. Always looking for scoops, y'know?

• Members

Roland would
certainly
benefit from an Anderton style product demo.

Thanks for posting that...hey, maybe they should have me do a pro review!! I just don't know if the anti-gravity module is totally done yet. When I saw the prototype, it was actually kind of a bust...they couldn't get the thing more than about three feet off the ground. The engineering spec was 10 feet.

• Members

76 keys on a VA. I don't know about this one? The Price is pretty high as well. Throw in Roland's current rep and the fact that they have disgraced themselves with by renaming their new Mid/low line from great synths of the past. I just don't know? The JX10 was cool but that was a different time. All of Roland's great polys have been 61 keys. ( JP8, JP6, JUNO 60, Juno 106, JX 3P & 8P, Juno 2, D-50, JD800, V-Synths 1 and 2).

• Members

76 keys unlikely. 61 keys sells better. I predict it is not 76 keys.

I've seen the Jupiter-80 and it has 76 keys. Unfortunately, the link to the pix and write-up vanished.

From what I remember, it looks a lot like the original Jupiter-8, with similar chassis and bank of multi-colored buttons above the keyboard. Not that many knobs and sliders for tweaking though.

Archived