What will Roland's new synth be? Speculate here..

• Replies 743
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

It's NOT going to be an analog reissue of the Jup-8, you can be 100% sure of that

See, that's why Roland shouldn't recycle the names of their old landmark products... all it does is get people confused.

That's it... you spoiled my fun question.... pure evil.... LOL

• Members

if indeed it's a full analogue tweeked up re issue of a jupiter 8 i'll VERY happy i waited for the tempest release date and not to have jumped for a mopho keys + tetra so i can switch my choice to a roland jupiter!

Roland_Jupiter_8.jpg

somehow though i really do not think roland will go down the moog route and re make a classic...

I bet quite a few would buy a full analog in a heart beat from Roland...

It's great to dream...

I am sure it is digital but all the same I hope they do something special.

• Members

Roland do not give you clues in the countdown vids so we can not go by the sounds.

The FM blog is also probably a load of you know what... LOL

Still this is fun and I am sure that's what the marketing men want... even if it looses a few friends..

• Members
If this was a full blown analog Jupiter 8 redux with modern tweaks, what would your reaction be:

Shock?

A scramble to get an order in?

A scramble to get two orders in... LOL

''What will Roland's new synth be? Speculate here..''

More speculationz preeze.... :lol:

• Members

OK, How about this for something no one expects...

A Maschine (NI) style soft/hard hybrid keyboard where you need a computer to run but can choose to either use the onboard display or your computer to manipulate the keyboard. It will be a platform that can have endless updates, new synthesis engines, and a sound library size only limited by the size of your HD.

Am I right Craig?

What do I win?

• Members

OK, How about this for something no one expects...

A Maschine (NI) style soft/hard hybrid keyboard where you need a computer to run but can choose to either use the onboard display or your computer to manipulate the keyboard. It will be a platform that can have endless updates, new synthesis engines, and a sound library size only limited by the size of your HD.

Am I right Craig?

What do I win?

Given the unit appears to have an on board power supply, that is unlikely.

It could just be a new JP8000 with lots of extras...

Archived