What will Roland's new synth be? Speculate here..

• Replies 743
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Will Roland's new synth allow me to make WORLDWIDE HITS like Rebecca Black's Friday??

Since it will have the worlds biggest Supersaw there is a good chance WORLDWIDE HITS can be made with it.

FYI. Vagas mode = Digdesign control surfaces like the Icon, D-Command, Control 24, C24 and Pro Control.

:thu:

• Members

I'd love to see them release another keyboard like the Roland JX-305, but reworked to feature a VA engine, 16 part sequencer and sampling capabilities. I'd easily pay more than a grand for that. It would be like an MC-909 combined with the JP-8000 with ZERO computer reliance and all editing features accessed from the buttons, knobs and menus.

• Members

Yeah, I still have my SH-201 since the cheat sheet covers mostly everything. But the MC-808... loading samples and editing patches was a nightmare. I ended up learning Ableton instead since I was glued to my PC, then sold it for a microSAMPLER.

• Members

oh-oh

http://futuremusic.com/blog/2011/03/28/roland-readies-jupiter-80-for-messe-debut/

As reported earlier, Roland will be debuting the Jupiter 80 keyboard. The new offering will be housed in a metal chassis with aluminum endcaps, like the original. It will have 76 keys and a large touch-screen interface.
The three oscillator synth will follow the same model as recent vintage moniker revamps like the Juno and SH and reportedly incorporate more interesting sound design attributes. As stated earlier, if you

• Members

Doesn't mention if it's analog, VA or hybrid.

I was about to write that there would be absolutely no way that the synth would be analog or hybrid. But then I started thinking, at $3500-4000 it HAS to have something analog, or they would just be absolutely crazy... No one is going to pay $3500+ for a VA/rompler.

• Members

I was about to write that there would be absolutely no way that the synth would be analog or hybrid. But then I started thinking, at $3500-4000 it HAS to have something analog, or they would just be absolutely crazy... No one is going to pay $3500+ for a VA/rompler.

Kronos

• Members

I would guess VA. But why 76 keys? All this does is raise the price up. Sure a lot of people like 76 but, 61 key synths sell better. What a F-up Roland has become.

:facepalm:

Every once in a while Roland releases a top-of-the-line instrument, usually incorporating some kind of new technology (to Roland instruments at least). Then over the course of the next however many years they release cheaper instruments that are derivative of that first most-expensive instrument. This could be what Roland is attempting with the Jupiter-80. If that is the case, I'm quite interested to learn what it is.

• Members

Roland is also said to have some new digital pianos on tap and for Fantom lovers, a new XR 128 voice model for your workstation pleasure.

This may be one of the more interesting tidbits of information. Has Roland decided to skip the G and go back to the X line with a new rack model? I kinda doubt it, but I'd like to see a fully blown 2U XR with 8x SRX and 16 insert FX.

• Members

K
ronos

It's more than just a VA + ROMpler... it's got physical modeling (strings), modeling + samples (the new EP engine), and a 6-op FM synth, plus it's a full-fledged workstation with audio tracks and Karma 2... and as said, it can be had for under 3K.

So, fail.

Archived