What will Roland's new synth be? Speculate here..

• Replies 743
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I would hope it's something that leverages Roland's acquisition of Cakewalk in a keyboard instrument; that would be cool.

They already tried, a few years ago, with the VS-series DAWs, to host software plug-ins in hardware. There's probably architecture/R&D available to take that one step further.

Combine it with ARX and AP synthesis on a good keyboard that's an evolution of Fantom, and I'd be there in a heartbeat... if I had any money, that is. :(

• Members

As much as I love the old expansion boards and cards for synths, and I have a crap load of them, I feel they are done with. From now on expansions should be offered the way Korg does which is software upgrades loaded onto flash roms or hard drives. The future is now.

• Members

Roland add text from the early 80's:

''When we set out to create the Jupiter-8, we decided that its most important design parameter should be depth - depth in every area, from the creation of the sound to it's ultimate performance. Because of this commitment, the Jupiter-8 is the first programmable polyphonic synthesizer without compromise in any of its functions. We believe this makes it the most potentially creative keyboard instrument ever introduced.''

Roland add text on the teaser:

A dramatic transformation has begun. The spirit of a legend re-emerges. An amazing new instrument takes form. Prepare for a new musical beginning.

Juno really just means baby of the range and people getting twisted by it on digital products have misunderstood why Roland use that name. Jupiter is the biggest planet and we know the Jupiter 8 was their greatest synth, so it is a synth in that vein, range topping, with the spirit detailed above, IE depth (of use, function, keyboard, layout, interface etc)

Whilst I do not think the music in the vid is a clue I did hear rotors and other synth techniques. Very little Rompler, more a modern VA with a twist for creativity..

• Members

Roland not the only one releasing a new synth, but very little discussion about this. A NL4 would be awesome!

frankfurt-teaser2011.jpg

I saw that page and came away thinking they are just inviting people to their stand ... LOL

If they are launching a new synth, then it will be the worst teaser campaign in history, IE that text and pic on the page... So I get the impression ''nothing to see here''

I do hope they have something though...

• Members

2nb7k3r.jpg

A bit of tweaking reveals a "Jupiter" inscription on the left (right from the player view), big multitask (?) screen, resemblance of the old Jupiter (cooling openings, style of buttons, sliders)

• Members

WHOIS information for jupiter-80.com :

[Querying whois.verisign-grs.com]

[Redirected to whois.enom.com]

[Querying whois.enom.com]

[whois.enom.com]

=-=-=-=

Visit AboutUs.org for more information about jupiter-80.com

Registration Service Provided By: eNom, Inc.

Domain name: jupiter-80.com

Administrative Contact:

Roland Corporation U.S.

Joe Sparacio (webmaster@rolandus.com)

+1.3238903700

Fax: -

5100 S. Eastern Ave

Los Angeles, CA 90040

US

Technical Contact:

Roland Corporation U.S.

Joe Sparacio (webmaster@rolandus.com)

+1.3238903700

Fax: -

5100 S. Eastern Ave

Los Angeles, CA 90040

US

Registrant Contact:

Roland Corporation U.S.

Joe Sparacio ()

Fax:

5100 S. Eastern Ave

Los Angeles, CA 90040

US

Name Servers:

dns1.name-services.com

dns2.name-services.com

dns3.name-services.com

dns4.name-services.com

dns5.name-services.com

Creation date: 25 Feb 2011 00:07:00

Expiration date: 25 Feb 2012 00:07:00

• Members

2nb7k3r.jpg

A bit of tweaking reveals a "Jupiter" inscription on the left (right from the player view), big multitask (?) screen, resemblance of the old Jupiter (cooling openings, style of buttons, sliders)

It would be cool. But this is just a pic of the Jupiter 6 that someone messed around with in photoshop.

• Members

(Yeah, Ah-Ah-Ah-Ah-Ah-Ark)

Oo-ooh-ooh, hoo yeah, yeah

Yeah, yeah

Yeah-ah-ah

Yeah-ah-ah

Yeah-ah-ah

Yeah-ah-ah

Yeah, yeah, yeah

7am, waking up in the morning

Gotta be fresh, gotta go downstairs

Gotta have my bowl, gotta have cereal