Ridiculous Craigslist Offerings

zoink

• Replies 625
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Just had to add this. The same guy has been trying to sell the same overpriced JD990 on the local CL for at least 5 years that I've noticed. He originally listed it for $900, which went on for several years straight. Many people responded that he was crazy and should get a clue, but he remained unruffled . . . and continues to post it to this day. He also routinely lists lots of other overpriced items.

This may very well be the record for longevity of an item for sale on CL. Anyone else seen anything comparable?

--------------------------------------------------------------------

Roland JD-990-((Rack Keyboard Mod of the JD-800))))))))) - $550 (Austin)

Date: 2010-06-08, 5:41PM CDT

Reply to: [Errors when replying to ads?]

Mint Cond-----Sell For $550 CASH---------------------Killer Sound's----------

• 2 months later...
  • Members

Free Beans With This Custom built Effect Pedal )

Hi,

I have an Ohnoho Utter Stutter feedback looper/tremolo effect pedal for sale, but not only is it a hand painted effect it's a custom ordered, custom painted, custom built world of custom one of a kindness smile.gif PLUS FREE BEANS. Heinz mind. No supermarket own make garbage smile.gif

Here's a link of info for the Utter Stutter

http://ohnoho.com/utter-stutter/

And here's a link to a picture taken buy the builder of the actual effect on his site.

• 2 weeks later...
  • Members

Korg Kaossilator Guitar Rare - $175

Date: 2010-08-20, 6:56PM CDT

I'm cleaning out my studio and selling some of my equipment. Up for sale is a rare kaossilator guitar i made. I wired a kaossilator to a guitar hero 3 controller after i saw a video on youtube of the same thing. Its way easier to play/record, and it looks cool playing it live. the kaossilator is removable from the controller, if for some reason you would want to remove it, and i'll even throw in fresh batteries/rechargeables. the output is 1/4 inch so it hooks up to any standard amp. $175 and its yours. Check out the video here:

3kc3mc3l75V45O65P3a8k0e4669e07b4b18f9.jp

• 2 weeks later...
  • Members

There was an ad on kijiji in Ottawa last month (might still be there)
Guy listed his mint condition Jupiter 8, no price.
I'n my weakened condition, I wrote him with a $5,000 cash offer.
He wrote back and said he wouldn't accept a penny less than $7500.

I don't think that's as bad as some of the stuff I've seen, but are the JP-8's really "selling" for that now?

Then there's this one:

Date Listed 25-Jul-10
Price Please contact
Location Kingston Area Kingston

I am looking for a Baby Grand piuano for under a $1000.00
------------------------------------
This one gives me a chuckle, people forget the value of used computers are {censored}, especially when they are 3 years old:

Sony VAIO White Laptop 2007
Price $400.00
I have owned laptop for 2 years and bought it new. I am selling because I got a Mac Book as a present. Good condition, except it has a burn in the side where the disk door is (you can see it in the picture) door still works perfectly fine nothing is affected by burn. Battery dies quickly, it can probably last 10 minutes give or take without being plugged in. When plugged in the laptop works perfectly fine. It is windows vista, memory (RAM) is 3.00 GB, 224 gig hard drive, intel centrino, 2GHz, white, built in SD slot, 4 USB ports. $400.
===================
Then there was an ad from a local motel selling 20 inch "coloured" TV's for $50 each, LOL

• Members

This one gets points for originality:

AKAI MPK49 keyboard (EAST)

Date: 2010-09-03, 2:56PM CDT

AKAI MPK49 midi controller for sale by a sweet bro trying to pay a bicycle ticket. This thing is super rad and can make your laptop sound like chewbacca.

If the ad's up its still for sale. Hit me up, name ur price.

3k53m03oe5O05W35P3a936d43c0061b401055.jp

3n63pf3of5V25Y15Z2a93b3c543babd0014f6.jp

• Members

Quote Originally Posted by zoink

View Post

This one gets points for originality:

AKAI MPK49 keyboard (EAST)

Date: 2010-09-03, 2:56PM CDT

AKAI MPK49 midi controller for sale by a sweet bro trying to pay a bicycle ticket. This thing is super rad and can make your laptop sound like chewbacca.

If the ad's up its still for sale. Hit me up, name ur price.

3k53m03oe5O05W35P3a936d43c0061b401055.jp

3n63pf3of5V25Y15Z2a93b3c543babd0014f6.jp

hahahahahaaaa

akailol.png

• Members

Hah! Despite spending far too much of my time searching eBay for weird old keyboards, I've never seen one of these before. And now, there are TWO of those old beasts up on eBay right now -- the one shown here for $5,000, and another one for $250.

I wonder which one will sell? rolleyes.gif

Quote Originally Posted by Plink Floyd

View Post

Vintage ELTRONOVOX NUCLEONIC Mini Organ VERY RARE! $4,995.95!

Electronovox01.jpg

"There is no loudspeaker, just a small cable. You have to play it near a radio, which has to be tuned to 1000khz AM. Then you listen to the organ through your radio."

Too bad we can't run our cars on weirdness. It seems to be in unlimited supply.

• Members

Quote Originally Posted by rch427

View Post

And now, there are TWO of those old beasts up on eBay right now -- the one shown here for $5,000, and another one for $250

I'll go out on a limb and say neither.

• Members

Quote Originally Posted by rch427

View Post

Hah! Despite spending far too much of my time searching eBay for weird old keyboards, I've never seen one of these before. And now, there are TWO of those old beasts up on eBay right now -- the one shown here for $5,000, and another one for $250.

Even if God laid his hands on it, it wouldn't be worth 1/10th what he's asking. People's greed is astonishing.

Unfortunately, some idiot somewhere, with a LOT of juice in his/her bank account, will buy it.

Remember the slice of pizza that sold for $26,000 [if I recall well] on eBay?facepalm.giffacepalm.gif

• Members

Boss DD-3 Digital Delay

Boss DD-3 Digital Delay in good condition for $80.00 cash. This pedal retails for 109.99 new plus tax.

Trades welcome.

No bull{censored}

No remote meeting places

No let me ask my wife if I can buy or trade

No spam

No ghetto gear trades considered

No times are tough

No is it still for sale? If the poster is up the item is still for sale

Whatchu mean no ghetto gear?

889176-hustlah-costume.jpg

Archived