Ridiculous Craigslist Offerings

zoink

• Members

This is funny.

There's a guy in the Atlanta Craigslist that is selling a bugle (I didn't even know something like that exists) for 69 dollars. But I think he has a script that runs on his computer that creates 1-3 ads at every 10 minutes. Literally dozens of ads every day. The most incredible is that Craigslist hasn't managed or hasn't bothered to stop him. It's an authentic seller, and he has his local phone always posted in the ads, and some people have talked to him already. But he just won't stop the plethora of ads, which get flagged immediately (I flag them when I see them...)

There's always comments from people like "let's all chip in 1 dollar each and buy the thing off him to stop him", to other people calling him names... but I guess he flags the comments too, they always disappear. Sometimes he complains that people are "spamming" him (he clearly means flagging him).

Dude's a Craigslist legend in Atlanta now...

• 3 weeks later...
  • Replies 625
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

chord versus cord (literacyville)

Date: 2010-04-06, 1:15AM CDT

Reply to: sale-2dpvp-1678499715@craigslist.org [Errors when replying to ads?]

look dumbasses, a "chord" is any 2 or more musical notes played simultaneously. a length of very heavy string/an electrical power or signal cable/a specific unit of firewood is a "cord". so to sum it up: you cannot sell a chord here, but you are free to sell cords. ok? great. thanks.

• it's NOT ok to contact this poster with services or other commercial interests

PostingID: 1678499715

__________________________________________________ ________

Not really ridiculous. Perhaps more...

cymbolic?

• 3 weeks later...
  • Members

Here's a good one. $50 for two Doobie Brothers guitar picks ... "given to me backstage by their bassplayer Skylark!!" Forget that there is nothing about these picks signifying that they came from a member of the group, and that the very same items can be had on Ebay for 99 cents a piece.

Doobie Brothers Guitar Picks - $50 (Lakeway)

Date: 2010-04-28, 11:29AM CDT

Reply to: sale-kkzvu-1714492309@craigslist.org [Errors when replying to ads?]

Two Doobie Brothers Guitar picks personally given to me backstage at a concert in Las Vegas by their Bass Player Skylark !! Molded autograph on one side Doobie Brothers logo on the other side. Sell both for Fifty or one for thirty.

• Members

Here's one that seems normal enough, until the end:

----------------------------------------------------------

ALESIS MICRON SYNTHESIZER - obo - $240 (s. austin)

Date: 2010-04-28, 12:44PM CDT

Reply to: [Errors when replying to ads?]

This item is in excellent condition. Works perfectly! There are no dents, just a faint scratch in the front. The power supply and 130-page manual are included. Comes in the original box If you want to hear it, I will be happy to play it for you over the phone. (270) 317-0866

• Members

Quote Originally Posted by dan88z

View Post

This isn't as bad as the home organ delusions, but some guy has been trying to sell the same set of Peavy 2x15 PA speakers for a couple months, at $600 for the pair. He doesn't realize that's what they sell for new.

We have a local keyboard player who regularly posts ads about looking for a band. He does the same add about once a month. I don't think he can see the 3 ads on the same page as his that are bands looking for keyboard players. He must be picky.

Experienced Keyboardist Available (Tri-State area)

Reply to: accesswilmington@gmail.com [?]

Date: 2008-12-30, 1:08PM EST

Experienced keyboardist is seeking a working band in Delaware, PA, or South Jersey. My music preferences include Classic, Funk, R&B, Pop, Blues and Jazz. I am self-employed so playing out and rehearsing are not a problem in terms of scheduling. I sing backing vocals in alto and falsetto.

I perform with Roland instruments through twin Alesis300 amps with a split feed to the PA (if needed). Other instruments that I carry with me include a keytar and melodica.

MP3 samples and photos can be found on http://bandmix.com/filmlou/

Thanks

I took a listen ,, he is good ,, he can afford to be picky.

• Members

Here's a funny (and lengthy) ad for a Casio SK-5:

---------------------------------------------------------------------

It came from the 80's!! (North)

Date: 2010-04-28, 3:32PM CDT

Reply to: [Errors when replying to ads?]

Really!...I bought it in1984. Are you getting excited yet? Well....It's a Casio SK-5 Mini KEYBOARD!! Complete with a line out to plug into your PA so you can go all Pet Shop Boys on people!!

It even comes with books of popular songs from back then that were playing on radio and in films that you probably still have the VHS copies of. Like ..The Breakfast Club...St. Elmo's Fire...And Sixteen Candles...Platoon...BIG...Debbie.. Does...a city 180 miles from here. ..place....you get the drift. Sooo....What more could you ask for? Maybe a shoulder strap? Sorry

it's not THAT cool. If so, I'd be keeping this baby! And go ahead and ask.....YES...it has.... a "Dog Barking" button or setting or whatever you call it. You can bark out freaking Jingle Bells this year for your stupid dog or better yet....your...stu....I mean....your... family on Christmas Eve! Hell...you don't have to wait that long to impress good 'ole Uncle Frank....You can bust a move on July 4th with some canine induced Yankee Doodle -freaking- Dandee for god's sake! Providing you have the discipline to commit to the hours of learning your new instrument...that...Did I mention?.. ALSO has maybe 7 or 8 more eclectic 80's keyboard voices? Your darn right it does baby cakes. Back then they wouldn't just stop with one voice...they put in a little thing we in the biz like to call a compuuuuter! Built right there inside it. Just imagine...you're on stage ....and your band suddenly breaks into ....Tom Sawyer! or ...Owner of the Lonely HeeeeaAAAaarts?!!...or better yet....A FLOCK OF SEAGULS TUNE!!...You can be all busy still barking out the CARS Candy-O and discover the change they've thrown at you and just reach up and flip a small switch right there on the unit and.....suddenly!...You're a MODERN DAY WARRIOR MEAN, MEAN STRIDE!!... Just like 'ole Geddy! (Rickenbacher bass and b@ll removal kit not included...Ever notice all the guy singers from up there have no huevos when they sing? ie: Loverboy guy, Journey guy, Triumph guy, Ann Murray guy...then you got your Brian Adams...he's not the norm.....I'm thinking..h-e-r-ma-ph-ro-ro-ditey?...maybe?... Hmm? Has anyone actually ever checked?)

Anyway...All you're going to need to do is hit South Congress on your way home once you drop by with some major cash (Retro-antique-denaro-style-dollars-cash because ...it IS all that)..You just hit SOCO on your way back to San Marcos and get the retro parachute pants and the tight striped shirt with the itty-bitty sleeves and you are ON!

Here are just some of features included within this amazing instrument: It saaays....."Teclado de muestra abtast-keyboard clavier de discrimination (they didn't know any better back then) ejecucion de terminal de los sonidos mue..muue......Muuuestreados!"

So you'll have that going for you .........ARE YOU KIDDING?.. daw....DAAWGG? You're gonna need a spatula the size of the freaking deficit to swat the sweaty females away!

Disclaimer: (The CASIO SK-5 is not recommended for people with overly thick fingers...I think people were just smaller back then...The Casio SK-5 is not recommended for people with liver problems, who are pregnant, or are thinking of becoming pregnant. Ask your doctor if you are able to have sex. Or are at least able to have the 80's flashbacks..Do not play the Casio SK-5 while operating heavy machinery...Symptoms include, headaches, dry mouth, stomach cramps, dizziness, fever, lock jaw, panic attacks and spontaneous inbreeding. In some rare cases, people's heads have fallen off and washed down the gutter while still speaking. If this occurs, stop playing The Casio SK-5 immediately and call your doctor. People taking anti-depressants shouldn't play the Casio SK-5 as thoughts of suicide may occur)

Soo..As you can see it comes in the original box so bring me some cash and get your new life started today!! Best offer wins this puppy...and it works as well as the day it rolled off the line in - Hecho en Japan

• 2 weeks later...
  • Members

$550 for a Roland SH-201, which presently sells for $499 new:

---------------------------------------------------

Roland SH-201: Synthesizer - $550

Date: 2010-05-12, 9:55PM CDT

Reply to:

Hey! I'm selling my SH-201 analog synthesizer that I bought last year, new. I haven't had much time to play around with it due to school all-year so I just decided to sell it. I bought it in Summer of 2009, and it's just been sitting at home.. I've played it maybe once a month. I still have the box and manual. It's still in brand new condition, just the way I bought it. I bought it for $600 w/tax so I'm selling it for $550 even. CASH ONLY.

Thanks!!~

• Members

Quote Originally Posted by rhat

View Post

I took a listen ,, he is good ,, he can afford to be picky.

And a head case... he had called me about an ad I had run for a 2nd keyboard player in my band. Showed up on the wrong night to see the band play - strike 1. Loudmouth, crass, generally rubbed everyone the wrong way, and these guys were from my jam band- laid back, mellow guys who give a lot of consideration before they decide someones an ahole. Strike 2 and 3 combined.

Regardless of being a decent player, most serious bands are looking for more than ability when they bring in a musician. Read into that what you will!

• Members

Would you trade a living, sentient creature (that can kill and eat people) to this person? For a drum kit?

I WILL SWAP MY DRUMS FOR A PUPPY GREAT DANE OR A PUPPY PIT-BULL THEY ARE GREAT YAMAHA RYDEEN DRUMS VERY GOOD SHAPE............I THINK IT'S A REALLY GOOD DEAL!!!!!!

• Members

Quote Originally Posted by Doug Gifford

View Post

Would you trade a living, sentient creature (that can kill and eat people) to this person? For a drum kit?

I especially like the last part: "I THINK IT'S A REALLY GOOD DEAL!!!!!!"

But of course you do. smile.gif

Archived