Buy my sax, buy my sax,
Oh pleeeeeaaase, won't you
buuuuuuyyyyyyy MY SAX!
That' the best.
I want to send the guy $5 to his PayPal just for being cool, LOL

• Members

Quote Originally Posted by Re-Member

View Post

Alesis Ion Degital Analog synth keyboard $335 - $335 (SE Portland OR)

Reply to: sale-978073717@craigslist.org [?]

Date: 2009-01-02, 5:30PM PST

I have a Alesis Ion. I have used for 1year and half and I really love it. I just need a cash so I'm selling it. This keyboard is in good condition (I have the original box too). I grue two crystals on the nobs and looks cool. I took care with a good love. You will love it too. Cash only.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I could only image what this thing looks like now...

bedazzler_uses.jpg

Oh man!.. thats the name of my next band - Crtstal Knobs

• Members

Quote Originally Posted by rch427

View Post

Hah! Despite spending far too much of my time searching eBay for weird old keyboards, I've never seen one of these before. And now, there are TWO of those old beasts up on eBay right now -- the one shown here for $5,000, and another one for $250.

I wonder which one will sell? rolleyes.gif

One possible explaination: people see some old oddity selling for some inflated amount. "Hey", they think, "I have one of those in the attic! It must be vintage at last! ChaChing! Now, how do I work this cell phone cam..."

• Members

I'm seeing more and more of this lately -- people listing items for twice what they're worth, and repeating the same listing day after day without lowering their price, even though they'll never get what they're asking.

I suppose one could just ignore it, but it's annoying -- like a crazy person trying to get a million dollars for his own belly-button lint.

----------------------------------------------------------------

JP-8000 Synth_____ ________ __________ MINT! (---------Austin Tx)

Amazing Classic Synth!__________$1000.

-----------------------------------------------------------------

Roland Synth!--------The SH-201 New Cond! - $450 (Austin)

------------------------------------------------------------------

Roland XP-80 w/ Vintage Synth Xpansion Card - $800 (S. Austin)

Date: 2010-09-14, 8:17PM CDT

Korg Nano Pad USB midi controler - $50

Kurzweil pc1x - $1100

AKAI XR20 BEAT MACHINE - $265 (SOUTH CENTRAL)

And my favorite one this week:

Yamaha Keyboard/Synthesizer - $1200 (south)

Date: 2010-09-03, 1:52PM CDT

Reply to: sale-gbfcp-1934866919@craigslist.org [Errors when replying to ads?]

YAMA KEYBOARD/SYNTHESIZER WITH STAND FOR SALE. GOOD CONDITION.

3m23pd3la5V45O45R6a93d5f10c08baba17a3.jp

3k53mb3p45T55W05P1a93a9c27c088af81324.jp

• Members

Quote Originally Posted by Plink Floyd

View Post

One possible explaination: people see some old oddity selling for some inflated amount. "Hey", they think, "I have one of those in the attic! It must be vintage at last! ChaChing! Now, how do I work this cell phone cam..."

That's exactly it. And also stolen merchandise.

Another thing that literally stuns me about these sites [eBay, Craigslist, etc] is the inability of the majority of these sellers to take a decent picture of what they sell. It's no longer the 80s when you had to take pictures with "analog" cameras then having to wait before they're developped, paying, etc. It's 2010 for technology's sake: you can literally take hundreds of pictures with a cellphone or digital camera [and in AUTO mode!] in a matter of minutes then choose the best one and delete the others.

Some random examplesfacepalm.gif

http://cgi.ebay.com/Korg-Triton-rack...item35ac6c83d7

http://cgi.ebay.com/Crumar-synth-key...item27b4e98d84

This one deserves a mirror image of a facepalm..

http://cgi.ebay.com/Roland-SR-JV80-0...item2a0a47b3b1

Not once, put twice [same seller]:

http://cgi.ebay.com/Roland-SR-JV80-0...item2a0a47c992

• Members

Have you guys ever experienced where you see the item listed on Craig's List, you write the guy and say "Hey, I'm willing to pay full asking price, when can I get it?"

Then they give you the old reach around...

"Oh geez Louis, I'm not really sure I want to sell it now, Hm, I have to check with a friend and think about it, Hm, not really sure; I'll get back to you"

Ever had that one pulled on you?

Twice this year I've had it.
It;s like these little weazals see that you want it, so all of a sudden they rethink selling it in hopes you offer them more money.

The one time I actually offered the dude more than his asking price, and all of a sudden, he didn't have to ask his friend anymore.
I didn't want to offer more, but it was something I really wanted badly and just decided to pay the extra.

I had it happen again today...I wrote the guy and offered him full asking price for his old mono synth ($2,000), now he has to rethink if he really wants to sell it because he is all of a sudden feeling sentimental.
WTF? Why bother listing it then?

• Members
Quote Originally Posted by Mediterranean View Post
That's exactly it. And also stolen merchandise.

Another thing that literally stuns me about these sites [eBay, Craigslist, etc] is the inability of the majority of these sellers to take a decent picture of what they sell. It's no longer the 80s when you had to take pictures with "analog" cameras then having to wait before they're developped, paying, etc. It's 2010 for technology's sake: you can literally take hundreds of pictures with a cellphone or digital camera [and in AUTO mode!] in a matter of minutes then choose the best one and delete the others.

Some random examplesfacepalm.gif

http://cgi.ebay.com/Korg-Triton-rack...item35ac6c83d7

http://cgi.ebay.com/Crumar-synth-key...item27b4e98d84

This one deserves a mirror image of a facepalm..

http://cgi.ebay.com/Roland-SR-JV80-0...item2a0a47b3b1

Not once, put twice [same seller]:

http://cgi.ebay.com/Roland-SR-JV80-0...item2a0a47c992
Cmon med, half the population cant even reply to a {censored}ing email when a friend sends them one, and you expect some of these people to take 24 seconds out of their day to upload a decent photo?

I don't know what's happening anymore but it seems the world is getting lazier and more inconsiderate by the moment.

• Members

It;s like these little weazals see that you want it, so all of a sudden they rethink selling it in hopes you offer them more money.

I've had a couple of those from wtb ads on a certain other synth board, they sort of offer and then go dead in the hope that you'll keep coming back and jacking the price up. Some prick had a Siel Opera with no keyboard (i have a bad feeling he was the same guy who had put the keyboard part on Ebay seperately) that he starts calling his "Opera 6 Mod Project" facepalm.gif

• Members

Some of you have seen the eBay scams where they offer a miserable DX-100 loaded

with Roger Troutman!!! talkbox patches and maybe "instructions" for building

your own talkbox, and they actually sell for $100 and up!

Well, here's the newest example of eBay scumbaggery:

YAMAHA DX-21 KEYBOARD CON 6 TUBAS EFECTIVAS,CHECALOOO ONLY $275 BIN!

Oh, you think they won't get it?

YAMAHA DX21 LOADED WITH FAT TUBA, ANALOG BASS DX 7 21 SOLD! $329!!

"GREAT YAMAHA DX21 LOADED WITH 20 FAT TUBAS !

GREAT FOR DURANGUENSE !! TUBAS DE ALACRANES, Y OTROS GRUPOS FAMOSOS !!

100% WORKING CONDITION AND VERY GOOD COSMETIC CONDITION.

BETTER FEATURES THAN NORMAL DX7 WITH THIS ONE YOU CAN SPLIT THE KYEBOARD (sic)

SO YOU CAN PLAY THE TUBA ON THE LEFT HAND AND ACCORDION OR SAX ON YOUR RIGHT."

icon_lol.gif

Well, I'm glad I've got mine! Minty, too. Best $20 I ever spent. Now, I wonder where I can get those

Tubas De Alacranes patchos...

• Members

Quote Originally Posted by Mediterranean

View Post

It's 2010 for technology's sake: you can literally take hundreds of pictures with a cellphone or digital camera [and in AUTO mode!] in a matter of minutes then choose the best one and delete the others.

Even the great and powerful AUTO mode can't fix bad lighting.

• Members

My favorite recently was a guy selling a really beat - up (I mean, the-paint-is-peeling-off-everywhere beat-up) Roland MC-50 sequencer. On even days his ad was asking 40 dollars and on odd days he asked 65 dollars for it. I'm not joking! It was the same pics, same description, just a different price every other day.

• Members

Quote Originally Posted by Crazyfoo

View Post

Have you guys ever experienced where you see the item listed on Craig's List, you write the guy and say "Hey, I'm willing to pay full asking price, when can I get it?"

Then they give you the old reach around...

"Oh geez Louis, I'm not really sure I want to sell it now, Hm, I have to check with a friend and think about it, Hm, not really sure; I'll get back to you"

Ever had that one pulled on you?

The way I avoid this is to never let them know ahead of time that I really want the item. Never make an offer for full price over the phone, sight unseen. That's when they know they've got you. I spent years as a kid and adult haunting flea markets and garage sales, and working in my family's pawn shop back home, and I learned some valuable lessons about haggling and making offers.

I've gotten some great deals on Craigslist. In some cases I would have even paid the asking price, but managed to talk them down further in person.

But you have to play it right. When I call or email a seller, I usually only ask three questions: Is the unit damaged? Are you firm on the price? Where/when can I come look at it?

When you're there in person, that's when you go to work. At this point the seller has invested time in meeting you, so they are more motivated to sell the item to you than they were over the phone. But again, nothing really happens over the phone. Nothing is finalized. On the phone you're at a disadvantage.

In person, that's where you can see how badly the seller wants that money they know is in your pocket.

When it comes to price and condition, etc., I tend to make it very clear that I know a lot about the item and what it's really worth. If they try to stonewall, then I'll point out problems and flaws in the unit that they didn't think you'd find -- in many cases they themselves didn't even know the problem was there.

And last, always be willing to walk away if he calls your bluff or if the deal isn't right. This is very important. I've been out the door halfway to my car only to have the seller run up behind me and say, "Okay, I reconsidered. You've got a deal." They REALLY don't want you to leave without the item, and they need that money.

• Members

Not synth related, but funny:

---------------------------------------------------

Electric guitar--it's awesome - $60 (78705)

Date: 2010-09-20, 11:00PM CDT

Reply to:

UV Vodka Electric Guitar. Strat-style body, 22 frets, double-humbucker pickup. Mint condition, never played.

This guitar would look great on your wall or in your hands as you write songs about alcoholic beverages.

Better quality pics:

http://yfrog.com/0simg0002oqj

http://yfrog.com/45img0008gwmj

http://yfrog.com/moimg0011yj

• Members

Quote Originally Posted by Franz Schiller

View Post

One time, a guy had a Nord C1 listed on the NYC Craigslist for $900. So I call the phone number, and he says, that he's in North Carolina at the moment working, and he won't be back for a month. So he suggests I pay him to ship it up...

...and I'm like, WTF are you listing on a CL for? No thanks.

Scam.

Archived