Ridiculous Craigslist Offerings

zoink

• Members

Does this {censored} actually work?

http://chicago.craigslist.org/chc/muc/2302438390.html

The Next Big Thing (Chicago today - World tomorrow)

I am going to be the biggest thing since sliced bread. I am a seasoned pro with pro gear and a pro attitude. My band is going to be huge and I have songs ready for the studio. I just need vocals, drums, another guitar, bass and keys. Possibly 2 drummers. It's impossible for anyone to meet my standards because I'm such a badass and pro. You must be pro as well and have pro gear. Pro experience would be helpful as I plan on touring worldwide within 6 months. My influences are seether, stained, hellyeah, shinedown, theory of a deadman, rev theory, and just about any other commercial, radio friendly metal band out there. Auditions will be held in my mom's basement. She is also pro with pro gear, but cannot tour because she is an old woman. No egos because I will not allow it. No tattoos unless I approve them. No clothes not approved by me because you must look marketable and not clash with the band's image. This is paramount! Above all...know your {censored}. You need to be pro! Record execs are just waiting for me to find the right people and this thing is going to take me to the top! So you think you can hang with a seasoned pro? Bring your pro gear to my mom's house and let's get this thing moving skyward!

3n13m63ob5T45Q05S0b4358882ed106fd102b.jp

• Replies 625
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Quote Originally Posted by Purity_Control

View Post

Probably not while the auditions are in his mom's basement wanker3.gif

Don't say that, I already booked a one way flight out there with all my gear to audition. Even been watching mtv all day to know how to dress and what tattoos to get. I'm gonna be a pro on a world tour!

• 2 weeks later...
  • Members

Quote Originally Posted by Echopark

View Post

This one seems even more ridiculous. Maybe its just the right side thats operational.

http://toronto.en.craigslist.ca/tor/msg/2317767138.html

Seriously? WTF?!?

Damn, that's just sad to look at and the price they're asking? WTF!?! Other than some keys and knobs, I don't really see what could be salvaged from that. They say it sparks when plugged in so all the electronics are probably fried at this point. I really hope they replaced that drummer with a drum machine...

• Members

Quote Originally Posted by Doug Gifford

View Post

I studied at York and lived up there for some years; my wife taught at Shoreham PS before we moved here (the antithesis of Jane & Finch).

My family moved from Toronto to Kingston when I was 15, I can't stand TO, as soon as I get to Port Hope I can feel my blood pressure rising. The fast paced suburb of Elginburg suits me fine smile.gif

• Members

It's a nice mix, small town (village in your case) but near enough a reasonably cultured city (Kingston) and within three hours of Toronto, Montreal and Ottawa and six hours to NYC if that's your cup of tea. [/sMUG]

• Members
Quote Originally Posted by Doug Gifford View Post
It's a nice mix, small town (village in your case) but near enough a reasonably cultured city (Kingston) and within three hours of Toronto, Montreal and Ottawa and six hours to NYC if that's your cup of tea. [/sMUG]
I like it here, Gan is very nice too especially in the summer. I really like the new Krock Centre, it's nice being able to see quality shows without having to drive 3 hours and suffer through horrendous traffic and parking issues.
By chance did you submit anything to the recent song contest by Rennaisance? I did but never made it to the top 20.
I'll try again next year.

• Members

Quote Originally Posted by Crazyfoo

View Post

By chance did you submit anything to the recent song contest by Rennaisance? I did but never made it to the top 20.

I'll try again next year.

I did. And like you didn't make the top 20. Damn fine songs, too. I suspect I am an order of magnitude away from trendy, which may matter.

• Members

View Post

I did. And like you didn't make the top 20. Damn fine songs, too. I suspect I am an order of magnitude away from trendy, which may matter.

Maybe next year we'll have more luck. I was pretty bummed about not making the top 20, took me a while to 'walk off' the rejection because I'm so darn sensative icon_lol.gif

• Members
Quote Originally Posted by Doug Gifford View Post
Next year, instead of trains or something, I'll write about how awful I feel because my boopsy doesn't answer when I text her.

And I'll whine through five wordy verses.
That sums it up pretty good.
One thing I heard from a very reliable source, (a bandmate from one of the judges) is that the people at Renaissance culled the list by pre-screening the entires, and then gave the judges a shorter list of material to review. Make of that what you will but if it's in fact true, that's pretty {censored}ty of them.

• Members

View Post

Next year, instead of trains or something, I'll write about how awful I feel because my boopsy doesn't answer when I text her.

And I'll whine through five wordy verses.

One word: FRIDAY! FRIDAY! FRIDAY!

Wait... that's three... no, it's one word, yep.

• Members

Quote Originally Posted by plaid_emu

View Post

... There's lots of talk on these forums about how we should all be supporting our local music stores. I say bull{censored}. My experiences have been absolutely terrible with these places. Insane prices, employees lying to you when they don't know the answer, totally screwing you on trade-in pricing.... on and on and on...

Quite right. Prices can be ridiculous. Who pays silly prices? How do they find enough customers to stay in business?

• Members

This one deserves its own category -- the typographical error that completely changes the tone and meaning of the ad.

Must be one hell of a circuit bending. Also gives some insight into why the battery cover might be missing.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------

Casio SK-1 Sampler synth - $50 (South Lamar)

Date: 2011-04-18, 12:52PM CDT

Reply to: [Errors when replying to ads?]

Here is a really cool Casio. It sounds great stock or you can circuit bend then crap out of it if you wish. It's in good condition. It's missing the battery cover on the bottom but does include a power supply.

• Members
Quote Originally Posted by C0ldf1re View Post
Quite right. Prices can be ridiculous. Who pays silly prices? How do they find enough customers to stay in business?
I agree, the one store in my town, the only price the dude quotes is MSRP.
Yeah ok! Then he chews me out for not supporting my local business.

I give the guy a chance every time I buy something but he never comes close, it's always MSRP.
I love buying stuff from Noisebug, those guys are awesome, excellent service, support and prices, what more can you ask for?

Archived