Ridiculous Craigslist Offerings

zoink

• Members

Quote Originally Posted by Doug Gifford

View Post

Okay, this isn't a ridiculous listing but WHY WHY WHY do people list things with no model name and fuzzy photos so you can't just see what it is. Are they afraid you'll look it up?

I've wondered about that as well. I think in most cases it has more to do with stupidity than subterfuge. As Hanlon's (Heinlein's?) Razor goes: "Never ascribe to malice that which is adequately explained by incompetence."

• Replies 625
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Quote Originally Posted by ChristianRock

View Post

Here you go! Bargain of the year!!!!

2,800 friggin dollars for a Triton

This guy posts this keyboard about once a month I think, he's probably trying to find out if there's any idiot out there icon_lol.gif

At least it has all the manuels... lol...

For some reason, the Triton is consistently one of the most over-valued workstations on Craigslist, as far as what the owner thinks it's worth.

I've seen sellers post the same overpriced synth for months - in some cases years -- and simply refuse to budge on the price.

It's especially funny when they use misleading language to try and pump up the item for sale -- e.g. touting the "true analog fatness" in their digital synth, etc.

• Members

Two of my recent favourites:

Someone advertising a chest-of-drawers as 'Chester drawers for sale'.

..... and - talk about Too Much Information :

Someone 'reluctantly' selling their car - "only selling due to having my leg amputated"

eek.gif

• Members

Quote Originally Posted by zoink

View Post

For some reason, the Triton is consistently one of the most over-valued workstations on Craigslist, as far as what the owner thinks it's worth.

I've seen sellers post the same overpriced synth for months - in some cases years -- and simply refuse to budge on the price.

It's especially funny when they use misleading language to try and pump up the item for sale -- e.g. touting the "true analog fatness" in their digital synth, etc.

There's a Triton that makes its way onto our CL every couple months, same deal, a 61 key model that he's asking like 2 grand for.

• Members

Here's a dandy. A Korg EA-1 synth that's worth around $100, going for $345 -- which is what you would pay for a mint used EMX-1 or ESX-1.

"...an amazing edition (sic) to any music studio or DJ set-up."

-----------------------------------------------------------------

Korg Electribe EA-1 Music Production Station Synth BNIB - $345 (ALBANY)

Date: 2009-11-12, 7:27PM EST

Reply to:

This listing is for the Korg Electribe EA-1 Music Production Station. It is BRAND NEW IN THE BOX, comes with everything, only opened once to check it when it arrived to me in the mail to make sure nothing happen during shipping which I am glad to report it is Pristine Perfect, Factory Fresh condition. I'm only selling to help out with medical bills for one of our immediate family members that was just recently rushed to the hospital. I hate to see it go but family definitely comes first. This is a great listing for all of you DJ's, Audiophiles, Beat Makers & Music Producers out there and an amazing edition to any music studio or DJ set-up.

Check out my other listings that going on at the same time all to help family!

$345 or Best offer.

Money is first Priority but Trades are also Welcome, email me with you offer.

Please feel free to email with any questions or if interested in purchasing.

Please serious emails only NO SPAM!

• Members

I'm only selling to help out with medical bills for one of our immediate family members that was just recently rushed to the hospital. I hate to see it go but family definitely comes first.

Money is first Priority but Trades are also Welcome, email me with you offer.

wtf. so if he gets a nice offer on a swap, he'll take that over paying his familys medical bills. confused.gif

• 2 weeks later...
  • Members

The height of vanity:

-----------------------------

Need Misc gear to fill up a rack (south austin)

Date: 2009-11-15, 8:40PM CST

Reply to: [Errors when replying to ads?]

Hey I have a rolling studio rack, and its quite large, and I need gear to fill it up, i only hava few pieces of gear right now, and you all know how it looks in a studio with a big empty rack.. i want any of your rack gear you dont need, i want it for free, i dont even care if its broken. If you have something you dont wanna let go for free, then we can discuss a reasonable low price

i dont care if its bass, guitar, pa, recording, computer, mic preamps, fx, channel strips, patchbays, shelves, mixers, i dont care if its broken! i just need soemthing to fill up a rack with.

thanks

• Members

This guy is really counting on the Christmas spirit with this one:

--------------------------------

Looking For Donated Music Gear. (South Austin.)

Date: 2009-12-09, 2:48PM CST

Reply to:

I just rolled into Austin and had to sell all my music gear to get to austin. i am a professional guitarist and i need the following gear. Donated if possible.

PRS Guitar (no CE models or Mira's, Custom 22 w/birdies preferred.)

Stratocaster (No Fenders Please, Need an Anderson or Custom Shop)

Boutique Guitar Amp (Bogner, Bad Cat or Aguilar, No Marshalls, Crate or Fender)

Pedal Board - No Boss Pedal. I need T-Rex or Fulltone

Microphone - Sennheisser preferred, No Shures.

I need to get started playing ASAP to pay for my Apartment and G45 Infinity Lease. I might be able to return the gear in 6 months or so, but would prefer donated gear. Thank you in advance for the help. I hear the Austin is a wonderful town with cool people.

Have A Safe and Happy Holiday Season.

• Members

Keyboard: $450. How about a make and model?

------------------------------------------

keyboard(excellent condition) - $450 (austin)

Date: 2009-12-13, 8:44PM CST

Reply to: [Errors when replying to ads?]

full-size, weighted keys, comes with an on-stage two tier keyboard stand and a piano stool.

• Members

Quote Originally Posted by ElectricPuppy

View Post

Oh yeah? Actually, these sound more serious to me than the $10,000 lyrics dude you found earlier.

Actually, I think that guy was pretty serious icon_lol.gif

Seriously out of his mind, that is. Watch it be some famous drug addict like Bobby Brown - he does live here in the area icon_lol.gif

Archived