Ridiculous Craigslist Offerings

zoink

• Members

Quote Originally Posted by zoink

View Post

This being Austin, they're almost certainly not joking.

from experience, I can almost guarantee it's mostly hip hop producers wanting to sucker people into their mastering or producing business with studio shots on their webpage with a room full of gear. I've joked in the past that if I could find a way to make vacuformed synths like those fake TVs they use in furniture stores, i'd make millions off these guys.

of course all their studio is really is a 10 year old PC running Fl studio and waves; all cracked of course.

at least they are being honest about wanting to fill up the rack just for looks. that's more than I can say for a number of people i've run across.

• Replies 625
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

This is the second run for this ad. Funny, it didn't sell the first time:

Grandma Phone

$15,000

i am offering a old fashened record player. it is a brunswick record player it has a big door on the front so you can hold your records in it. it was made in appox early 1900s. it has wheels so you cane move it around alot easer. it is in excellent shape if u are intorested please contact jimmy at 613-279-3127 there are approx 100 records they are extra. so please call me if you are intorested. NO E-MAILS please

• Members

Get a 200 dollar chinese Kramer guitar, say it was hand-made then has had a bunch of upgrades but you don't know what they are, say you bought it for 1,500 dollars and try to sell it for 1,000. Classic Atlanta Craigslist thumb.gif (this on the same day someone's selling a beat-up RD700 for 1,700... but this is far more entertaining to read)

*CUSTOM* Les Paul - MUST SEE! - $1000 (Snellville)

Date: 2009-12-22, 2:58PM EST

Reply to: sale-bmkhj-1521482971@craigslist.org [Errors when replying to ads?]

I'm selling my Kramer Les Paul. I really hate to let this hot rod go, but it's the holidays and I'm strapped for cash.

I bought this guitar 2 years back from the original owner/maker for $1500. He built this guitar almost completley from scratch, making it one-of-a-kind.

The body is that of a Kramer Les Paul, given an absolutely beautiful custom paint job. The paint is gold/yellow, in true flame-top style. The entire guitar is outlined in real Mother-Of-Pearl, and it also has killer diamond-shaped Mother-Of-Pearl inlays. The guitar is also decked out with brand-new chrome hard-ware, and new two-tone volume knobs. This is truly a one-of-a-kind guitar. You won't find anything like it anywhere else.

The maker also installed both new bridge and neck pickups. However, I'm not exactly sure what kind they are. However, I know they rip. I've used this guitar in several professional recording studio sessions, for nearly every kind of music. I've played this baby on everything from jazz pickin to kickass heavy metal licks. It sounds great. The pickups, along with the semi-wide neck give it a fat, full-bodied sound that will knock you out of your shoes.

Comes with original hardshell case

All of the pictures I have for this guitar are too big to upload onto Craigslist, so email me for pictures. This is a MUST-SEE guitar, you cannot fully appreciate it until you see it. It really is an absolutely stunning instrument.

Call Hayden at 404-368-xxxx with questions.

Could make a musician very happy on Christmas!!!!

• Members

Quote Originally Posted by SoundwaveLove

View Post

In Boston, a Prophet 10 for $5000. Over three times what it may be worth.

http://boston.craigslist.org/gbs/msg/1483345102.html

what planet do you live on?

prophet 10's get up to $6500 on ebay if in good shape.

on craigslist that translates to around $5000.

i sold one recently on ebay with the stipulation that it had to be delivered by me, no shipping, and i got a $5000 offer.

• Members

this is not synth related, but ridiculous none the less.

Vintage Stratocaster Pick Gaurd - $1250 (Kirkland)

Date: 2009-12-22, 6:58PM PST

Reply to: sale-bh5cs-1522010281@craigslist.org [Errors when replying to ads?]

Original Fender Stratocaster Pick Gaurd for early '60's Strat. Three ply WBW Very good condition... No cracks Non original copper shielding tape on back. $1250.00

• 2 weeks later...
  • Members

Quote Originally Posted by MetroSonus

View Post

from experience, I can almost guarantee it's mostly hip hop producers wanting to sucker people into their mastering or producing business with studio shots on their webpage with a room full of gear. I've joked in the past that if I could find a way to make vacuformed synths like those fake TVs they use in furniture stores, i'd make millions off these guys.

I hear that this is the key to getting a SUPER PHAT HIP HOP BEAT! You'll get a #1 in no time!

• Members

BEATS!!!

------------------------------

HIP HOP MIXING MASTERING & BEATS - $200 (AUSTIN)

Date: 2010-01-01, 12:41PM CST

Reply to: sale-zkzuh-1532889597@craigslist.org [Errors when replying to ads?]

HIP HOP MIXING MASTERING & BEATS

RULER WHY RECORDINGS

IS YOUR ALBUM FINISHED? GET IT MASTERED FOR MAXIMUM LOUDNESS AND QUALITY. GET THAT RADIO SOUND YOU NEED TO COMPETE IN THE MARKET TODAY.

LISTEN TO THIS PREVIEW

http://vultureshiphop.com/master_preview.mp3

the preview demonstrates the difference between UN-mastered and Mastered. Can you tell the difference?

NEED BEATS? I GOT PLENTY, EMAIL ME FOR INQUIRIES OR GIVE ME A CALL/TEXT

RULER

210-389-6299

• 2 weeks later...
  • Members

Here's one for anyone interested in a 9 ft. Bosendorfer . . . for $95,000.

----------------------------------------------

9 ft Bosendorfer Piano - $95000 (Westlake Hills, Austin)

Date: 2010-01-17, 9:34PM CST

Reply to: sale-hvtkg-1557731349@craigslist.org [Errors when replying to ads?]

Amazing piano with incomparable sound. Black, high gloss. Extra keys. You have to play it to appreciate it. Way under priced for immediate sale. If you don't know this piano, you are not the person to be inquiring. Serious offers only please.

• Members

I posted this one a week or so ago, here it is for the Craigslist thread:

I just installed the Craigslist Mobile app on my iPod Touch. Then I did a search for synths in my area, and came across this:

cl1.jpg

Right in the middle, I see, "Korg MS20"... for $800!! love.gif

Then I tap it to get more info...

and get...

cl2.jpg

facepalm.giffacepalm.giffacepalm.gif

I guess those Kork VA synths are valuable... rolleyes.gif

• Members

Ah, Craigslist Gold, I love it.

A recent favorite of mine was a listing for a Roland MC-505 groove box. The photo clearly showed that the filter knob had been wrenched off, and the knob post badly bent, in what must have been a drunken/altered I AM THE BEST DJ EVAR OMGBBQ moment.

Unfortunately, like Ebay, Craigslist has become all but unusable for buying and selling. Good job listings though, companies have to pay to post those. If only it cost a fifty cents to post stuff to sell, the tards would scatter like A&R men under a bright light...

• Members

AHere are some doozeys!

-------------------------------------------

Brought brand new for 2400.00. 4 years old,but barely used. Nothing has been added or recorded on to it. I used it to trigger my reasons program for pro-tools. So basically it's new used it for about 3 months. I don't like the weighted keys,not a professional piano or keyboard player. Not selling for any major reason other than I don't use it,and I'm not going to give it away,it's takng up space.

http://hudsonvalley.craigslist.org/msg/1558424514.html

-----------------------------------------------------

Korg M1 Synthesizer - full function, almost new condition - includes orchestra and percussion cards - Calzone or Anvil case - $800

-----------------------------------------------------------

This is a rare and hard to find KEY BOOM ELECTRONIC KEYBOARD / GUITAR by Kawasaki. Big booming sound from a 3 inch speaker, 2 instruments in one. 6 keyboard rhythms and 6 jammin lead guitar riffs.

BOOM JAM Synchronized play technolgy from DSI Electronics makes it possible for different Kawasaki musical instruments to actually play together, in synchrony, as well as independently.

Kawasaki musical instruments featuring Boom Jam technology can be preset to play background rhythm (melody) or lead and also allow band members to take turns playing rhythm and lead during the same jam session.

3n53pf3la5Te5Pb5Rea1j80b126bd21301d62.jp

• 2 weeks later...
  • Members

Quote Originally Posted by ChristianRock

View Post

Today's offerings:

Ensoniq MR 76 for 1495 (there's another one on the Atlanta Craigslist from a couple weeks ago and the guy's asking 400...)

1500 for 3 black face ADATs?? This is worth some 300-400 dollars, maybe.

Actually, a lot of people still want ADATs, three with the large remote and rack for $1500 OBO, really not that bad if the hours are low.

Archived