Kids = no sportscar

yourguitarhero

• Members

The whole "death bed" argument is pointless, you could drop dead at any time. Further more, you could get a degenerative brain disease and be a pant-{censored}ting burden on your loved ones.

I'm amazed people act offended and feel they need to verbally disagree and talk down to someone for not wanting children. Imagine someone saying "I wanted to paint my bedroom green", and people reacting like "YOU WORTHLESS MORONIC ****, you're disgraceful, but whatever! It's YOUUURRRRR life!". Get bent, you {censored}ing idiots. It doesn't effect you, but it sure effects OP. You can't hand a kid back. He's thought about it, he decided not to do it. Where's your reason for acting so outraged or condescending?

Honestly, I think too many guys grow up and do what is expected of them, rather than what they want, and end up bitter. I'd hate to look in the mirror one day and realize I'm trying to convince myself a mortgage, 3 kids, and a fat wife who doesn't put out anymore is all I want from life. That kind of existence would drive me to becoming the kind of guy who posts on internet forums with a holier-than-thou attitude, angry at people who didn't blindly leap into massive life decisions, and clearly there's more than enough of them in the world. So enjoy the smug comments, I guess little victories on internet forums are all some guys have left.

Jeez it's depressing even typing that... I'm sure someone will post a condescending rebuttal with the "winking smiley thumbs up" anyway to put me in my place, or tell me I'm selfish & it's just as well I'm not breeding, or whatever else they need to hold on to keep getting up in the morning. Whatever. Waste what few spare minutes you have in the day telling me I'm in the wrong, I don't care.

I love you.

• Replies 350
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members
whew. thank God ur not having kids.
:)
it really helps to be an adult if u decide to have kids.

clearly u seem too self-absorbed.

for ur sake i hope u never grow up...b/c if u do G/U in ur 40's or 50's, it'll be too late to have kids w/o a GREAT CHANCE of maladies....oops, sorry...>>really, really bad things/conditions/illnesses.

i realize it's a life choice ur making, but nothing, NOTHING in the world that u can buy or do, will be as fulfilling and utterly breathtaking as when ur child says I LOVE U DAD.

Bumr ur gonna miss out on that, Skippy.

Ass{censored}ing cheerleaders > declaration of love from a drone infant.

• Members

for ur sake i hope u never grow up...b/c if u do G/U in ur 40's or 50's, it'll be too late to have kids w/o a GREAT CHANCE of maladies....oops, sorry...>>really, really bad things/conditions/illnesses.

i realize it's a life choice ur making, but nothing, NOTHING in the world that u can buy or do, will be as fulfilling and utterly breathtaking as when ur child says I LOVE U DAD.

Annnnddd another complete moron outs himself. Thank you, Frank. You're an idiot, your kids hate you and your wife is regularly confused with an Orca.

• Members

I just hope the ability to type without regularly slamming your face into the keyboard turns out not to be genetic. You know, for the children's sake.

• Members

I just hope the ability to type without regularly slamming your face into the keyboard turns out not to be genetic. You know, for the children's sake.

They're probably the mail mans anyway.

• Members
Turns out the wife feels the same way.

happy is teh fool who thinks this is the bedrock one should base future plans upon

subtitle: women expect men to change and get frustrated when they don't ; men expect women to stay the same and get frustrated when they don't

:wave:

• Members

The whole "death bed" argument is pointless, you could drop dead at any time. Further more, you could get a degenerative brain disease and be a pant-{censored}ting burden on your loved ones.

I'm amazed people act offended and feel they need to verbally disagree and talk down to someone for not wanting children. Imagine someone saying "I wanted to paint my bedroom green", and people reacting like "YOU WORTHLESS MORONIC ****, you're disgraceful, but whatever! It's YOUUURRRRR life!". Get bent, you {censored}ing idiots. It doesn't effect you, but it sure effects OP. You can't hand a kid back. He's thought about it, he decided not to do it. Where's your reason for acting so outraged or condescending?

Honestly, I think too many guys grow up and do what is expected of them, rather than what they want, and end up bitter. I'd hate to look in the mirror one day and realize I'm trying to convince myself a mortgage, 3 kids, and a fat wife who doesn't put out anymore is all I want from life. That kind of existence would drive me to becoming the kind of guy who posts on internet forums with a holier-than-thou attitude, angry at people who didn't blindly leap into massive life decisions, and clearly there's more than enough of them in the world. So enjoy the smug comments, I guess little victories on internet forums are all some guys have left.

Jeez it's depressing even typing that... I'm sure someone will post a condescending rebuttal with the "winking smiley thumbs up" anyway to put me in my place, or tell me I'm selfish & it's just as well I'm not breeding, or whatever else they need to hold on to keep getting up in the morning. Whatever. Waste what few spare minutes you have in the day telling me I'm in the wrong, I don't care.

This is one of the best posts I've seen here; can't add anything to it.

I wish more people would do what's right for them, as opposed to what's "expected" of them; my GF's parents are people who should never have been parents, and did it because " everbody I know is doing it ". They're paying for that now.

• Members

OP: Good on you for making a sound and rational decision. Personally, I don't know what I did with my time before I had kids. It truely was the best decision I ever made. I don't understand all the "kids vs nonkids" retardation in this thread. The second I held Cayden in my arms I finally had direction.
I play in band twice a week, have plenty of money to buy whatever I need and some stuff that i want (or beg for), I get to travel, watch my kids learn stuff, etc.. Just because I have kids doesn't mean my life is "over" in fact I see it as the very opposite. Most people say the grass is always greener but I can say my life is pretty much perfect. At least until the big earthquake then we're pretty much {censored}ed anyways. Cheers, Lucius

• Members

Life was pretty boring without kids. Now, with a 4 Yr old running around the house and another on the way, I'm having the time of my life. So much fun. I'm a bit older as well being 42. We started later....so some of my friends have older kids, etc. Hindsight is 20-20. I had my fun in my early 30s with cars, etc.....so I'm over that.

My wife is a bit younger and keeps herself in great shape and doesn't intend to let herself go, either.
As Lucius point out....it's all in perspective.
Until you have your own, you have no idea as to what joy they bring you in life. I have a mortgage, payments, etc....just like most people out there but when that little guy wakes up in the morning and gives you a big hug and says, "I love you daddy!"....it makes everything else seem pale in comparison.

I used get bored of Sportscars every 3 years. But.....my little guy, never boring and always fun!

• Members

Well, I had a kid because I wanted to, not because it was "expected" of me. Actually, being a musician etc.. it was expected that I would NOT want kids but I always wanted one. I do not regret the decision one bit and I did not stop enjoying life, music or {censored} because of it.

It has nothing to do with "deathbed argument". It has more to do with the fact it's been an awesome experience for me. There is a special bond you have with your kid that is different than anything else in the world and I enjoy it a lot. I also enjoy it driving him down to the babysitter for the night after spending an awesome day outdoors with him and going to Hollywood to chase {censored}, listen to live music and get {censored}ed up, which I do every weekend and it is pretty {censored}ing epic :lol:

Also, whether a person will be bitter later on in life has nothing to do with the fact they had kids or not. I know people who have kids and enjoy their life a lot and I know single people who are bitter and miserable. And vice-versa. That's a lot more to it, and it's mostly due to someone's outlook in life and themselves.

I completely respect other people's decision not to have kids but I am also 100% happy with my decision. You can't just go ahead and say that everybody who has kids will end up miserable and in an unhappy marriage. That's assuming a lot and it is not always correct. So I do think your post has a hollier-than-thou attitude while complaining about people on the other side who have a hollier-than-thou attitude. Kind of ironic. Reading your post, you seem a lot more bitter and internet-angry than I am. :)

• Members

I'll leave this question with you, your answer will let you know if you made the right decision:

On your death bed, would you rather be remembering how much fun you had with your kids at christmas, or teaching them guitar etc, or how well your facy car cornered coming off the interstate??

The sound of kneesliders on tarmac > happy children

• Members

If you don't want kids, don't have them. I have kids and I don't regret it at all, but I can certainly see it not being for everybody. I'd rather you didn't have kids, than have kids and regret it or resent them because you couldn't have the life you wanted later. It's not fair to you or the kids.

• Members

I can't imagine not having kids with the right person. I grew up with an extended family and I loved that... to have no one but your significant other seems pretty lonely, purposeless and depressing for me anyways. They may be a drain; but it's more rewarding to see them grow up as opposed to watching your Ferrari etc. delapidate.

• Members
I just had one...

So far, it's been pretty cool!

Yup, same here :)

I won't predict anything for the OP. Some people just don't want to have kids, and that's their choice. No harm, no foul :thu:

I've always wanted kids. I knew there were several times in my life that I wasn't ready, but we could have. We waited until it seemed like the best time without just making excuses to put it off indefinitely.

Good luck, OP! Get your snip on to hedge against future little rugrats!

• Members
This is me. 29 also, with a semi- gf, and 4-5 years ago I was 100% dead set on no kids w/ my then-gf. I'm pretty close with my fam and I have an older cousin and he and his wife are both 36 and just had their 2nd baby with a 2 year old already in tow, so I can see myself being a mid-30s first time dad and just leaving it there. I wouldn't mind having just one, as long as it's a boy.
:lol:
If it's a girl, I probably will just walk out than risk trying again and end up with TWO girls...
:facepalm:

But I understand the OP, but your priorities change over your lifetime for the most part, and nobody's forcing you to have chillins, so anyway.

however i would like to know I have it in me to work hard enough to have a chillin
and
Ferrari...
:cop:

If you can afford a Ferrari, you can afford it with or without a child :)

Archived