Kids = no sportscar

yourguitarhero

• Members
Ass{censored}ing cheerleaders > declaration of love from a drone infant.

Why do you think you have to choose? :D Everything gets boring after a while.
I lived my ego-life first, then I had my kids.

Like I said earlier, I totally understand that people don't want children.
One thing to remember, though --> All the parents who've replied in this thread have been non-parents. I.e, most of us have done all the stuff you do when you don't have kids. Who has tried it all? :) Me or you?

• Replies 350
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

You do sound like a happy fella from what I've read from you so far. I'm taking notes, please keep up with the guidelines. :wave:

• Members

A lot of people in this thread need to listen more closely to the different strokes theme song.

WELL THE WORLD DON'T MOVE TO THE BEAT OF JUST ONE DRUM.

AND WHAT MIGHT BE RIGHT FOR YOU, MIGHT NOT BE RIGHT FOR SOME.

• Members

Why do you think you have to choose?
:D
Everything gets boring after a while.

One thing to remember, though --> All the parents who've replied in this thread have been non-parents. I.e, most of us have done all the stuff you do when you don't have kids. Who has tried it all?
:)
Me or you?

I'm obviously not being entirely serious although I dont want kids. I'm 30, have a somewhat transient career and I'm nowhere near done being a child myself.

• Members

My kids > Everything else I could ever have.

But that's me. Do what you want dude. :thu:

I do have a question for the OP though. What prompted you to post about here? I mean, we all post OT stuff, but this is odd, unless you wanted a poopoostorm.

I think I may have just called you out.

• Members

My kids > Everything else I could ever have.

But that's me. Do what you want dude.
:thu:

I do have a question for the OP though. What prompted you to post about here? I mean, we all post OT stuff, but this is odd, unless you wanted a poopoostorm.

I think I may have just called you out.

Slightly intentional troll threads are the best. My thread on a recto pwning a vht went as expected although it was true as the recto smashed the vht to bits :lol:

• Members

I have kids and a sportcar and a couple old muscle cars .

I do need a new family car though .

auto corvette = not a sports car

:o:lol:

• Members

Why do you think you have to choose?
:D
Everything gets boring after a while.

One thing to remember, though --> All the parents who've replied in this thread have been non-parents. I.e, most of us have done all the stuff you do when you don't have kids. Who has tried it all?
:)
Me or you?

I was waiting for someone to use this fallacy. Though, I let you figure out why it's a fallacy. I mean the logic is fallacious, that is - not the details.

• Members

Quote Originally Posted by Zozobra

View Post

Quote Originally Posted by OverDriven

View Post

Annnnddd another complete moron outs himself. Thank you, Frank. You're an idiot, your kids hate you and your wife is regularly confused with an Orca.

Quote Originally Posted by ShaneV2

View Post

I just hope the ability to type without regularly slamming your face into the keyboard turns out not to be genetic. You know, for the children's sake.

Quote Originally Posted by Ovid9

View Post

frankthomson = lumpy555's brother?

well, cousin?

Quote Originally Posted by OverDriven

View Post

Both.

oh my-my eek.gif

so ur NOT coming to my surprise party this year? thumb.gif

• Members

Quote Originally Posted by futurism

View Post

I have no kids

Im a little older than the op but only 3 or 4 years

I want tax concessions for not having kids, that would be good, I pump massive amounts of taxes into the economy and get NOTHING for it, but thats another story.

Other than that, I am at an airport now, my girlfriend of 9 years is in my inner city townhouse with my 2 sports cars (shes a forensic accountant)

Im heading over seas (im in Australia) for the 4th time this year, on almost no notice, will add a week of basically free overseas holidays onto the end of my 2 day working engagement

I spend pretty much every weeknight sleeping in hotels, and take a jet to work for 2000 mile flights within australia every week

I have a million frequent flyer points, enough for 8 round the world tickets etc. you get the idea!

But....

when I am home on weekends, I have nothing at all to do, everyone else my age has kids and became fatherly and motherly

They all live some place im too afraid to park my cars, but they have huge gardens, with lush green lawns, a pool and dogs etc.

So

Pick a life

1. Rich arrogant yuppie asshole DINKS (double income no kids), which I am

2. Family guy with kids, pets etc who hangs out with other family guys and grills stuff and resuscitates their kids after they drown in their pools etc.

YOU CANT HAVE BOTH

Once those kids pop out, my extensive evidence and research tells me, you are now option 2, chemically your mind is altered

whoa.

yea, listen to THESE people.thumb.gif

• Members

Has anyone ever read the insanely awesome book Freakonomics? I shows correlations between having kids and loss of happiness with an exponential curve of unhappiness to number of children (this is an indirect hint to Ke2 as to why his argument was fallacious).

• Members

Quote Originally Posted by Johnny Two Tone

View Post

I was waiting for someone to use this fallacy. Though, I let you figure out why it's a fallacy. I mean the logic is fallacious, that is - not the details.

It's no logic, man. It's my opinion. Like "fallacy" is yours. But like I also said before that, I understand every type of opinion mentioned, also that people don't want kids smile.gif I stand by what I said about experience. I've experienced "cheerleaders" AND being a dad. Being a dad beats just about everything else. Nobody can speak for anyone but themselves, someone in this thread misses to understand just that.

• Members

View Post

Has anyone ever read the insanely awesome book Freakonomics? I shows correlations between having kids and loss of happiness with an exponential curve of unhappiness to number of children (this is an indirect hint to Ke2 as to why his argument was fallacious).

I read quotes from it in a serious newspaper article. Like I said, nobody can speak for anyone but themselves, but you still try to do it?

How can you take a book, and make that your sole argument for why my kids make me unhappy? biggrin.gif

I think you're arguing for argument's sake alone, and that's cool. I like discussing smile.gif

(If you consider for one second the fact that I wasn't interviewed for the book, that book is already a fallacy in trying to prove why kids make you unhappy. Mine don't)

i.e:

Non-dads, don't try to discuss this with dads. We know more than you do biggrin.gif

• Members

Quote Originally Posted by isvoid

View Post

happy is teh fool who thinks this is the bedrock one should base future plans upon

subtitle: women expect men to change and get frustrated when they don't ; men expect women to stay the same and get frustrated when they don't

wave.gif

awesome

/thread

• Members

View Post

I bought that book at an airport, and read it on a flight. I thought it was generally pointless inane drivel. idn_smilie.gif

The one interesting theory in the book was the correlation between crime rates in the 90s and legalization of abortion contributing to a lower crime rate over time, based on the idea that aborted pregnancies were more common in situations where the child would have a had a life leading to crime.

• Members

Quote Originally Posted by ChuckNorris1982

View Post

I cannot imagine the absolute horror show my life would become if me and my wife had kids. Neither of us want them, and whilst I'll never say never, I don't see that changing to be honest. I despise children and pretty much always have.

were u despised as a child?

ur NOT the first person i've heard say this.

i sure hope u or ur wife dont work around children, b/c they can tell.

Archived