Kids = no sportscar

yourguitarhero

• Replies 350
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Seems like a few people get it and I seem to have offended a couple of folks!

I'm not fussed if other folk want to have kids - it's their own choice - not a judgement on them. Keep {censored}ing!

We've just decided we don't want to. Maybe it is selfish, so what? This is the 21st century - I don't need to have kids to help me out on the farm or look after me when I'm old. Having kids will change our lives massively and in a direction we don't want.

Anyway, we're not heartless people - we've got each other......... and our cat cop.gif

• Members

Quote Originally Posted by yourguitarhero

View Post

Seems like a few people get it and I seem to have offended a couple of folks!

I'm not fussed if other folk want to have kids - it's their own choice.

We've just decided we don't want to. Maybe it is selfish, so what? This is the 21st century - I don't need to have kids to help me out on the farm or look after me when I'm old. Having kids will change our lives massively and in a direction we don't want.

A lot of it is down to money too. The modern world is based on financial servitude and having kids will increase that responsibility for us. I like having the option to walk away from a job if I don't like it.

Anyway, we're not heartless people - we've got each other......... and our cat.

tumblr_lbftm3btGs1qb5jil.jpg

• Members

Quote Originally Posted by mparsons

View Post

I'd go a step further and say that having kids IS selfish. We've got too many people on this planet.

Gonna have to agree here. I didn't say it myself, but...

I plan to never have any birth kids, but I will adopt several at some point. After working with kids in the foster care system, it's appalling to me to think of bringing more kids into this world when there's thousands already in existence who need loving families.

• Members

As you can see from this thread, expect to get {censored} from people about your decision for years. My advice? If you're determined to not have kids, get a vasectomy. That way if the wife changes her mind in 5 years, you can get it reversed. Much easier than reversing a tubal.

My wife and I made the same decision, and we're both close to 40. At first, yeah - we'd hear the comments - how we'd regret our decision, how selfish we are, etc. I suspect that is how secretly dissatisfied people express their frustration. But then we've heard the other side:

"You two are so lucky you don't have kids."

"You get to do everything you want."

"I wish my wife and I could travel like you two do."

My decision was based on the fact that there is a high risk of mutation on my side. My wife has no patience with kids. Additionally, I have even less patience with kids that don't behave. Some kids behave well, some kids do whatever the hell they want. That, I could not handle. My little brother was born when I was 16; I lived at home until he was 7. I know exactly what is required to raise a child; I assisted with that job at a very impressionable age. That's not for me.

There is also the hazard of a woman having a child after age 35. Developmental risks go up considerably. One of my best friends - a woman I've known for 20 years - just had her 2nd at age 38. Baby was born with a ton of problems, including Down's Syndrome. That pretty much crushed her. It's hard to see someone you care about go through that.

But if you feel relieved after coming to grips with the "no kids ever" decision - more power to ya. You don't owe the world more people. It's not a selfish decision, because you're not taking anything away from anyone. You're doing what you see fit with your life, and that's something a lot of morans don't ever consider doing.

And yes, my 2 seater sports car is my daily driver.

• Members

Quote Originally Posted by schismed

View Post

Youre not even old enough to come to this decision. You are old enough to be acting so immature, and selfish, though.

Piece of advice; stick to this decision!

The world has enough selfish people. No doubt your children would be just like you.

wave.gif

Oh, God. Go {censored} yourself.

EDIT: Actually, since I can't really tell if you're just joking I'll rephrase: What was implied in the post I quoted is something that only a person who needs to go {censored} themselves would say.

• Members

View Post

Youre not even old enough to come to this decision. You are old enough to be acting so immature, and selfish, though.

The world has enough selfish people. No doubt your children would be just like you.

wave.gif

Wow. Just wow. You are without a doubt one of the biggest cockbags on this forum. I mean I am just blown away. Do you think your kids will grow up to be judgmental, self righteous pricks like yourself?

• Members

Quote Originally Posted by OverDriven

View Post

Wow. Just wow. You are without a doubt one of the biggest cockbags on this forum. I mean I am just blown away. Do you think your kids will grow up to be judgmental, self righteous pricks like yourself?

There was actually a thread on this board specifically about people with kids judging people without kids. It was pretty universally agreed that "older" parents (40+ aged people) are self-righteous assholes when it comes to people who choose to not have kids. And I mean, if you don't have kids be fully prepared to go the entirety of the rest of your life having parents act like you're the scum of the Earth for 'not perpetuating the species'/'condemning your bloodline'.

• Moderators

It's a tough call, Op, but in the end, you have to do what is best for you guys. I love my kids but I'll say it right now, not a day goes by that they dontbdo something inane enough to make meant to punch an adult who wouldndo the same thing. Of course, i have zero tolerance for F ups, even though I strive every day to be less like my mother. That being said, my kids usually do enough awesome things to balance it out for me. I just took my daughter for a walk on the 80 acres the nlaws own so she could see if the turtles were in the pond and as I held her hand I realized that these are the memories that will stand out for her, they already stand out for me.

That being said, living like a couple who can do what they want, when they want to, sounds cool as well. As long as you and your wife agree, screw other people's opinions. smile.gif

• Members

Quote Originally Posted by Johnny Two Tone

View Post

There was actually a thread on this board specifically about people with kids judging people without kids. It was pretty universally agreed that "older" parents (40+ aged people) are self-righteous assholes when it comes to people who choose to not have kids. And I mean, if you don't have kids be fully prepared to go the entirety of the rest of your life having parents act like you're the scum of the Earth for 'not perpetuating the species'/'condemning your bloodline'.

While that may be the case for some I dont believe I fit that mold. If the 2 of them do not want to have kids its their decision. Not ours.

I just felt the reasoning behind the decision was a little selfish. My opinion, Im entitled to it just like you are yours. thumb.gif

• Members

Quote Originally Posted by Johnny Two Tone

View Post

Oh, God. Go {censored} yourself.

EDIT: Actually, since I can't really tell if you're just joking I'll rephrase: What was implied in the post I quoted is something that only a person who needs to go {censored} themselves would say.

facepalm.gif Another punk ass kid hiding behind a keyboard.

Sad! wave.gif

• Members

View Post

While that may be the case for some I dont believe I fit that mold. If the 2 of them do not want to have kids its their decision. Not ours.

I just felt the reasoning behind the decision was a little selfish. My opinion, Im entitled to it just like you are yours. thumb.gif

I don't think its' selfish - I'd say it's responsible, when you look at the rise in global population. We should have far more people making this decision. My opinion, I'm entitled to it just like you are yours. thumb.gif

• Members

I have no kids
Im a little older than the op but only 3 or 4 years
I want tax concessions for not having kids, that would be good, I pump massive amounts of taxes into the economy and get NOTHING for it, but thats another story.

Other than that, I am at an airport now, my girlfriend of 9 years is in my inner city townhouse with my 2 sports cars (shes a forensic accountant)
Im heading over seas (im in Australia) for the 4th time this year, on almost no notice, will add a week of basically free overseas holidays onto the end of my 2 day working engagement
I spend pretty much every weeknight sleeping in hotels, and take a jet to work for 2000 mile flights within australia every week
I have a million frequent flyer points, enough for 8 round the world tickets etc. you get the idea!

But....
when I am home on weekends, I have nothing at all to do, everyone else my age has kids and became fatherly and motherly
They all live some place im too afraid to park my cars, but they have huge gardens, with lush green lawns, a pool and dogs etc.

So
Pick a life

1. Rich arrogant yuppie asshole DINKS (double income no kids), which I am
2. Family guy with kids, pets etc who hangs out with other family guys and grills stuff and resuscitates their kids after they drown in their pools etc.

YOU CANT HAVE BOTH

Once those kids pop out, my extensive evidence and research tells me, you are now option 2, chemically your mind is altered

• Members
Youre not even old enough to come to this decision. You
are
old enough to be acting so immature, and selfish, though.

:wave:

It's not your decision to make. Stop being a dick about the way other people want to live their lives. They're not hurting anyone... Well except for you... You're getting pretty butthurt.

• Members
So, the wife and I have decided to never have children.

It's weird, I've always thought of it as one of those things I'll do it and some unspecified time in the future - you know, have a bit of fun now then get serious and have kids.

With some introspection I've realised I don't want any kids. Turns out the wife feels the same way.

We feel they take over your lives - time-wise, responsibility, financially. Kind of like it's been hanging over your head - you know, gotta get a good job so we can get a house for the kids when we have them,l have to get a family car etc. {censored} that, I want a 2 seater and a home cinema

We want to travel, to spend our money on ourselves - live for each other and not another person who is 100% dependent on us.

We're 29 and 30, so not that young
:cop:

We will live the lives of homosexual couples - nice clothes, furniture, food, cars and holidays and when we're old we'll sell our house and live off the cash and not worry about having to leave an inheritance. Round the world cruise!

I only got one thing to say. Financially, you will never have enough money unless you're dirt poor. Even my wealthy to do friends complain how much they eat up money when it comes to kids. There is just no price to pay when it comes to a kid.

• Members

I'm right with the OP here. I dont need no stinkin money pit which will probably turn out a disappointment and hate me for being an asshole. Anyway most of life is a big {censored}ing slice of {censored} pie so I'm not going to make someone else put up with it so I can cutsey kiddie photos.

• Members
I've never heard of anyone every asking to see their sports car or other toys when they are on their death bed!

People have been known to be buried with their prized possessions though! :p

But seriously, kids get written out of wills all the time. Having kids is not all happy happy joy joy.

The whole get married, have kids, go to work and die routine is just that. A routine.

I see more and more people breaking away from the routine and doing their own thing. Nothing wrong with that and nothing selfish about it. Matter of fact, it's quite responsible of them for not having a kid just to "fit in" or because "that's how it is".

Archived