Kids = no sportscar

yourguitarhero

• Members
This is one of the best posts I've seen here; can't add anything to it.

I wish more people would do what's right for them, as opposed to what's "expected" of them; my GF's parents are people who should never have been parents, and did it because " everbody I know is doing it ". They're paying for that now.

Trying to think of an analogy.. to explain some of the attitudes relating to this idea..

Something like.. everyone lines up for a bus.. and there is a trick to having to pay half the bus fair if you say the right things to the bus driver.. so a few people get on this bus and get duped and have to pay full fair.. so those people are now on the inside of the bus watching in.. and some young chappy comes on and says the right words and only pays half fare.. all the guys already on the bus get angry.. "HEY HEY HEY WTF.. HE HAS TO PAY WHAT WE PAYED!!".

:cop:

"I had to walk 3 miles every morning to read the paper and you do too.."
"I wasn't allowed to watch TV on school nights and either are you.."
etc
etc
etc

I don't know if this is accurate or not but in some cases it might be.

• Replies 350
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I don't think I'll ever get past it. Every day I see something that reminds me of it.. today it was a woman with a bratty kid who she didn't seem to care much for, tommorow it could be something else.

It's a lifelong debate/choice.. unless you've already made your choice (ie already had kids). Sometimes you think you got it all worked out and then you meet the right person and it changes everything. *shrug*

• Moderators

I don't think I'll ever get past it. Every day I see something that reminds me of it.. today it was a woman with a bratty kid who she didn't seem to care much for, tommorow it could be something else.

It's a lifelong debate/choice.. unless you've already made your choice (ie already had kids). Sometimes you think you got it all worked out and then you meet the right person and it changes everything. *shrug*

So every time you see something that upsets you, you plan on bumping a dead thread? :freak:

• Members

:freak:

• Members
Youre not even old enough to come to this decision. You
are
old enough to be acting so immature, and selfish, though.

Piece of advice; stick to this decision!

The world has enough selfish people. No doubt your children would be just like you.

:wave:

:facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm:

This thread is embarrassing to read. How is it selfish to not want kids? You don't always have to buy into the life narrative that society gives you. Having kids can be selfish too. Sheesh.

• Members
your both selfish people and you dont want your blood line to carry on or your last name for that matter...dunno why any man would do that...i have kids and its the best thing that ever happened to me.

a person never really lives until he or she has children and the life experiance that comes along with it.

but hey if you wanna be immature and have no meaning in your life thats up to you!

WOWW. Your life is defined by society bro. I can tell not just by how believe there is only on correct life-narrative but also by how you talk about how men should be :facepalm:

• Members
So, the wife and I have decided to never have children.

It's weird, I've always thought of it as one of those things I'll do it and some unspecified time in the future - you know, have a bit of fun now then get serious and have kids.

With some introspection I've realised I don't want any kids. Turns out the wife feels the same way.

We feel they take over your lives - time-wise, responsibility, financially. Kind of like it's been hanging over your head - you know, gotta get a good job so we can get a house for the kids when we have them,l have to get a family car etc. {censored} that, I want a 2 seater and a home cinema

We want to travel, to spend our money on ourselves - live for each other and not another person who is 100% dependent on us.

We're 29 and 30, so not that young

We will live the lives of homosexual couples - nice clothes, furniture, food, cars and holidays and when we're old we'll sell our house and live off the cash and not worry about having to leave an inheritance. Round the world cruise!

Great! You will never have kids (with the back of your mind screaming DON'T!) and then not really be a good parent. Smart man :thru:

• Members

...get a vasectomy. That way if the wife changes her mind in 5 years, you can get it reversed. Much easier than reversing a tubal.

Do NOT do this... under ANY circumstances. There's a common condition referred to simply as 'post vasectomy pain'... basically, your testicles just hurt... sometimes a dull pain but really bad during... sex. That's kinda the opposite of what you're going for. Also, after 2 - 3 years the probability that a vasectomy reversal will be successful drops exponentially. And it also really hurts. You'll be walking on eggshells for about four to six weeks and your crotch will look like 'A Muppets Production of "The Texas Chainsaw Massacre" ", with Gonzo in the role of Leatherface... This is not a good plan...

• Members

there will never be enough :facepalm: for some of the assholes in this thread.

everyone with kids looking down on the OP and calling him selfish is a {censored}ing asshole; mind your own business and stop judging people you dont know. its really great you have kids (who will probably end up as judgemental and stupid as you) and its even better that you think your life has so much more meaning than everyone else, go eat a bag of dicks and STFU.

why does everyone think the way they live is the best/only way to live and that everyone else should live exactly like them or its wrong?

• Members

there will never be enough
:facepalm:
for some of the assholes in this thread.

everyone with kids looking down on the OP and calling him selfish is a {censored}ing asshole; mind your own business and stop judging people you dont know. its really great you have kids (who will probably end up as judgemental and stupid as you) and its even better that you think your life has so much more meaning than everyone else, go eat a bag of dicks and STFU.

why does everyone think the way they live is the best/only way to live and that everyone else should live exactly like them or its wrong?

:love:

• 1 year later...
  • Members

I must revisit this thread.

I see a lot of my friends/people my age completely forgoing marriage/kids, etc.

Whether for financial reasons or just the fact that women don't stay at home slaving over a stove braiding hair anymore- either way, this is a trend.

Kind of like idiocracy. Only the dumbasses in trailers and ghettos have kids. :lol:

Cheers to you. We feel the same way. We'd rather make money than {censored} with kids. In the future, yes. No way in hell in the near future.

• Members

We want to travel, to spend our money on ourselves - live for each other and not another person who is 100% dependent on us.

We're 29 and 30, so not that young

We will live the lives of homosexual couples - nice clothes, furniture, food, cars and holidays and when we're old we'll sell our house and live off the cash and not worry about having to leave an inheritance. Round the world cruise!

Avg kid will require $120-150k of most middle class families through HS. This does NOT include college expenses your kids will expect you to pay for.

I know people who had no kids. They toured most of the world, have about $200k cash in the bank, investments, and many properties. Most people I know with 3 or more kids (especially in college) are in debt up to their {censored}ing eyeballs. A lot of them have their kids graduated from college too, still living at home in their late 20's and early 30's. :lol:

I kicked my kids out. Told them at 18 the free ride is over. I started charging room and board which pissed them off (a motivator to grow the {censored} up). What they paid the year of so here I saved and later returned to them when they found their own place. My dad did the same to us. I bought my first home at 19 yrs of age while in school. It was a POS starter home but it was mine. I flipped that house for a 40k profit after three years.

My sons went to college, but on their own dime. They now have their own place, do their own thing. One more left at home but he's signed up for West Point, so he won't be home that often and will have at least a 9 year commitment. Huge commitment, but he wants to do this.

My eldest son fixes up old houses and flips them. Doing exceptionally well (earns more than I do). He was the only one that ever helped me with any home maintenance and loved doing it since he was little. He worked maintenance for a local hospital and also with a private contractor. Not bad for a 26 year old. He busts his ass though.

I once did the numbers. I earned well as an eng and prj mgr for a while. My wife earned good bucks as a trauma RN. Together we earned more than enough to be millionaires today. With our kids, expenses, relocations, etc etc we are just starting to build our retirement savings now that the kids are on their own. Kids are really expensive.

I have the same respect for those that make the decision not to have children. That is a tough decision and one full of many kinds of emotion and outside opinion. Siblings with kids will blast you for it because they are just mad/jealous you have money for things like travel etc and they don't.

I wish more considered not having as many. Of course you cant control certain things and most kids are indeed accidents of adults and bad timing. They get through it though.

Archived