my lazy, missing school/truant teenager

hcprimerib

• Members

If kids watching a caning are so freaked out they are pissing their pants and leaving puddles on the floor, and you think this is a GOOD thing then YOU are the one with the problem. If kids are doing that, then there is NO WAY IN HELL the victim being beaten isn't injured. You Brits had a thing called "The Birch" that was so evil in the damage it inflicted on children that there's no international court that wouldn't call it a Crime Against Humanity.

You are exactly like the assholes who claim water-boarding isn't torture--because they've never had to endure it.

Cool, grumphh seems to have left for the evening, we needed a new village idiot!

DownsSyndrome.gif

Actually, I'm out. Wife's at work, son's asleep, me and the lil girl are having popcorn, hot cocoa, and movie night :thu: Just stopped by for a quick lulz while I boiled water.

Have fun being the pivot, yanktar! Hope you brought a raincoat!

• Replies 487
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

If kids watching a caning are so freaked out they are pissing their pants and leaving puddles on the floor, and you think this is a GOOD thing then YOU are the one with the problem. If kids are doing that, then there is NO WAY IN HELL the victim being beaten isn't injured. You Brits had a thing called "The Birch" that was so evil in the damage it inflicted on children that there's no international court that wouldn't call it a Crime Against Humanity.

You are exactly like the assholes who claim water-boarding isn't torture--because they've never had to endure it.

:lol:

Calm down, Vince. Birching is not the same as caning. I got caned. I know how unpleasant it is. It's not something to be meted out lightly but it serves as a last resort that is better for the kid than expulsion or borstal (or similar youth detention).

• Members

I'm the father of 8, and my kids know where the line is drawn. It doesn't mean they always stay on the right side of it, but they know where it is. However, they know I absolutely will not put up with any BS at the dinner table, especially if we're eating out in public. It's not uncommon for older folks to come by and compliment my wife and me on how well behaved the kids are in public. And my kids are well trained. In fact, I'll look usually look over at the 7 year old and say "And why are you so well behaved Jeffery?" And he'll look at them with his big as saucers blue eyes and say "Because my daddy loves us enough to beats us!" with a huge smile on his face. Sometimes it gets a laugh because they take it for a joke. Other times they look horrified. But Jeffery's just happy because he knows he scored the whole family a trip out for ice cream for desert. :thu: My kids are awesome! :D

For the record, I do not beat my children. They rarely even get spankings; it requires a serious transgression of the rules before I even consider anything physical, and I make sure to never discipline my children in anger.

• Members

Good morning, all child beaters. :D

Have you ever considered that the civilised world has given up on violence as a means of interpersonal interaction?

No, you can't hit the shopkeeper or your neighbour for being an asshole, and you can't hit your wife if she doesn't make you that goddamned sandwich...

Even in the military (where discipline is paramount) the drill sergeants don't hit their idiot recruits...

The only place where you seem to still want to be able to use violence is in the most unequal situation you can find - namely the situation where you want to hit a person who is much smaller tha you.

And on top of that a person who is totally dependent on you in the first place.

You are patheric low life scum on some sort of perverted power trip, and you have totally failed at being responsible grownups that take responsibility for the childs mistakes.

Well, monkey-men...

...do you feel great about being the top ape in your households?

:D

• Members

Good morning, all child beaters.

Have you ever considered that the civilised world has given up on violence as a means of interpersonal interaction?

No, you can't hit the shopkeeper or your neighbour for being an asshole, and you can't hit your wife if she doesn't make you that goddamned sandwich...

Even in the military (where discipline is paramount) the drill sergeants don't hit their idiot recruits...

The only place where you seem to still want to be able to use violence is in the most unequal situation you can find - namely the situation where you want to hit a person who is much smaller tha you.

And on top of that a person who is totally dependent on you in the first place.

You are patheric low life scum on some sort of perverted power trip, and you have totally failed at being responsible grownups that take responsibility for the childs mistakes.

Well, monkey-men...

...do you feel great about being the top ape in your households?

One of the greatest moments of my life was when my mom slapped the {censored} out of me as a teenager for being a total asshole. It literally snapped me back into reality, and I thanked her for doing it to me as an adult a few years ago. I deserved it, and it kept me from continuing to be an asshole. Sometimes, violence is the answer. :D

• Members

One of the greatest moments of my life was when my mom slapped the {censored} out of me as a teenager for being a total asshole. It literally snapped me back into reality, and I thanked her for doing it to me as an adult a few years ago. I deserved it, and it kept me from continuing to be an asshole. Sometimes, violence is the answer.

The fun part is that through your actions you prove that we have indeed evolved from apes :D

...nothing much human in your approach to rearing children.

• Members

The fun part is that through your actions you prove that we have indeed evolved from apes

...nothing much human in your approach to rearing children.

Dude what is your point?

My dad got beaten for nothing by his dad, and he only EVER hit me once, a good old face punch as i really got on his nerves because of truancy, basically trying to {censored} any girl in school and drug use.

Ever since that day, it {censored}ing woke me up.

Now i know you'll call that abuse, but i look back and realise how much of a c*** i was at 16.

• Members

Funny thread. I wonder out of all who posted have kids.?

My kids are 11 and 13. I've probably spanked them about a half dozen times, and its been a long long time since I have. unlike Grumpy tho, I do see how it is a legitimate tool in teaching and discipline. But I also agree its not necessary. I like most, probably got a ass whoopin as a child. The belt was common. and before me my parents were essentially abused. So the pattern of physical discipline has certainly been to curtail the violence. But even tho I essentially never hit my kids, there is times when I thought they did need it. Sometimes it knocks them down a bit and almost resets the mind. I know it did for me when I challenged my old man at 16. When he pushed me up against that I realized "damn he's a lot stronger than I thought" lol

I'm hoping my kids don't challenge me like that, tho. Of course we have our run ins and it can be tough to get thru to them, but instead of violence I choose to be brutally honest. I figure if they can't learn the hard lessons the way I did then they have to another way. And that way is just total truth, even if its harsh and too adult for them. I'm not sure I'm right, but life, to me, is about learning and being honest. Hopefully it helps them make better decisions as they grow older

• Members

Violence works as a great discipline tool. It also is good for motivating good conduct. I know this because I use violence (or threat of violence) almost daily to great effect at my work. Just because you live in a world where people listen to reason doesn't mean there aren't people in the world you can not communicate with.

Thank you for your opinion and best of wishes.

-hugs n' kisses,

Jisatsu

• Members
:lol:

Calm down, Vince. Birching is not the same as caning. I got caned. I know how unpleasant it is. It's not something to be meted out lightly but it serves as a last resort that is better for the kid than expulsion or borstal (or similar youth detention).

So you know about birching? Nice to see the UK has at least abandoned THAT!

None of that {censored} works.

My nephew was a total pain in the ass from the time he was 4 until he was 14. You would have thought this kid had "666" on his forehead. At age 14 he changed SO drastically it was like he had a personality transplant. He is now a young man, aged 25, I totally admire. He's a leader, he's giving his time and these years to helping others in an NGO, going into the worst disaster situations to help get people back on their feet. What happened?
Three things I know of:
1) He figured out which of the {censored} his mother gave him what he had to pay attention to, and what he could blow off and stopped letting the latter bother him.
2) He got a SERIOUS peer-based attitude adjustment, including being forced to humble himself in front of his whole school.
3) He found out, that if he did his homework and research, and presented something just right, he could actually influence and implement a change in his town's policies and actions...It was some small thing but he got it done and learned a vital lesson about civics.

Notice, in NONE of these was he assaulted by an adult. He didn't even have the {censored} kicked out of him by his classmates--but THEY sure had an influence on him.

Not every kid is the same, but had he been in Megadeath Man's world he would have been beaten bloody, and gotten nothing out of it except the knowledge of how to keep from being caught!

• Members

Are you child beaters still at it? :D

Ok, let's try to reason.

By far most of you don't hit women anymore, right?

Because, either you eat their {censored} or you have a discussion and sort of get your points across.
In any case you can actually go through a conflict without resorting to violence. :idea:

(And there is legislation in place to deter you that still don't know right from wrong...)

...now why is it that you seemingly can't use that same method with children?
Talk to them, make them see what it is about their behaviour that is annoying?

Not possible?
Because you lack patience?
Because you are a weakling who likes hitting people smaller than himself?

Maybe you just like that feeling of being in total control of another human being?

Are you nothing but a bunch of pussified control freaks with a temper?

...probably.

• Members
Wow grump is an a+ troll!

Actually not really.

...i just thoroughly enjoy flaming a bunch of people that actually deserve it :D

Come on, i must have at least 70 posts in this thread that are pure insults - mainly consisting of telling child beaters that they are unmanly, apelike, pathetic, uncaring, losers, power mad and weaklings. ...all of which i believe to be true btw :)

I feel a bit like the french soldiers in the castle in Monty Pythons Holy Grail movie :D

So once again, for the record:

Hitting children is for pussies and bullys

• Members
Dude...you're in Norfolk?? Me too. What part of Norfolk do you live in? I'm over in West Ghent.

Or have I asked you this before and just forgot??

you asked before but its all good. I'm really from the Hampton Roads/ Buckroe area but right now I'm away at school :thu:

• Members

{censored}, kids are stupid...

when I was in high school, we had the option of either taking a college class, or having a free period. I would always do a free first period, so I didn't have to show up to school until 10, then I just took a college class after school...

and I was stoned the whole time...

Archived