BUY NOW with this code, before they noticed....

orbm1

• Members

I'm a bit surprised paricularly with the number of sigs praising Jesus that no one has even mentioned the moral and ethical issue here.

Technically this is fraud, and Omar has technically committed conspiracy to commit fraud. From a legal perspective, entering a code you know is fraudulent to receive monetary compensation you aren't entitled to is larceny, but for some reason it's OK because it's a good deal on guitars? How about the poor schmuck that loses his job because he shipped out a few items without checking the code first. I'm really surprised that so many folks here are this cynical. Would you also walk away from a cashier at Walmart that handed you too much change knowing that they'd have to pay it out of their pocket or lose their job?

The title of this thread could also read "hurry, quick way to steal money from unsuspecting idiots". Would it still have such a high approval?

Sorry, but this is wrong, plain and simple.

ken

I have to agree with you to on this. My original "I'm going to skip this" should have been worded a bit more strongly as "this is probably not the right thing to do." Anyway, if you want a > 20% off coupon, you can check out the $85 off $399 coupon ("TJOOS85") at Sam Ash.

p.s. Music123 may know about this. GC throws around 20% coupon a lot, so this is not that much different.

• Replies 220
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I've been staying away from this thread but can't resist anymore. It's you who have to live with your conscience with this screwup. Personally, I would not like to own a guitar that I got by being dishonest. It wouldn't give me too much joy to play it. The rest of you can rationalize all you want, what's wrong is wrong.

BigAl :mad:

• Members
I've been staying away from this thread but can't resist anymore. It's you who have to live with your conscience with this screwup. Personally, I would not like to own a guitar that I got by being dishonest. It wouldn't give me too much joy to play it. The rest of you can rationalize all you want, what's wrong is wrong.

BigAl
:mad:

They have the option of not fulfilling the orders because of the system error. However, they might end up shipping stuff because they decide it's worth it.

Back when 24" monitors were around $400, 2-3 years ago. Dell sold a bunch for $169 a pop for like 8 hrs. They honored all the orders even though people suspected it was a price error.

They didn't have to, but they wanted to be nice to their customers. They often cancel orders because of pricing mistakes. Arguing that it's immoral to place orders on really good deals online is just asinine. It's always a crap shoot and the decision always lies with the seller. If you don't want good deals, fine, more for the rest of us :p

Oh BTW, when does this coupon expire? I'm thinking of buying an amp that I can't afford:facepalm:

• Members

I am very ticked off by a lot of you!

you are comparing bananas to riots....

we are not doing anything illegal, we are working the system, that is it...

If what I did was a fraud,in that case GC should had arrested me 2 weeks ago when I bought Gibson Les Paul Custom for $2350 (it retails for $4200)... why.... because they mislabeled and it should have said $2999 (it was a display)... but they told me, it was our mistake, you are getting a great deal and accept the money....end of story.... If you bought something and got a great deal on it with a working code what the heck!!! what is wrong with that.... if they do not want to proceed with the sale or you do not want to buy, ok, don't, but it does not mean we can not use the system on our favor....

I understand a few points with ethic and moral.... but I HAVE NOT stolen, robbed or anything of that sort to anybody... crap, I even did not buy anything from them either, I only passed the info along thinking that maybe somebody could benefit from it (which I see a few of you did)...

and if you saw what was going on and did nothing about, like calling music123 to make them aware of the problem, you are as guilty as the people you are saying did something wrong....

an analogy like you have using, SO, you saw that somebody left the keys on the ignition, and instead of calling the owner, you just raised your shoulder and then saw how somebody took it away... you are to blame too...

anyways, everybody ponting fingers, remember that you point with one and 4 fingers are pointing at you...

Thanks!

Omar

• Members
This is f'd up. I'm SO on the verge of ordering a Yammie LL16...

Realistically, though, I'm wodering if I really need this enough to warrant sending my wife to jail for my murder (though I'm pretty sure she'd be acquitted). I have an acoustic that I love, so what's my problem??? What niche would the Yammie fill... other than the awesome rose dread niche...?

:facepalm:

+1 :rolleyes::facepalm:

• Members

So, I am interested in how some of you feel about this sort of advertising which just coincidentally comes from a Music123 page selected at random.

Fender CD-60 Dreadnought Acoustic Guitar

Save $100.01 (33%), MSRP $300.00

$199.99

Do you think the customer is saving $100 on this guitar by not paying the MSRP? They say you are. Is this dishonest? Is it wrong?

How many wrongs does it actually take to make a right, anyway?

music123.jpg

• Members

I don't have any extra money laying around...so I think you're all a bunch of thieving con artists and nogoodniks. If you saw a gun laying on the sidewalk next to an innocent puppy, would you pick up the gun and bludgeon the puppy to death? Because this is pretty much the same thing.

Except that the gun is a coupon, the puppy is Music123, and the bludgeoning to death is purchasing a product from their website.

• Members

I don't have any extra money laying around...so I think you're all a bunch of thieving con artists and nogoodniks. If you saw a gun laying on the sidewalk next to an innocent puppy, would you pick up the gun and bludgeon the puppy to death? Because this is pretty much the same thing.

Except that the gun is a coupon, the puppy is Music123, and the bludgeoning to death is purchasing a product from their website.

Logic fail.

Gun = shoot holes in stuff.

Club = bludgeon/beat/repeatedly strike.

Knife = stab/cut repeatedly.

:poke:

• Members

BigAl
:mad:

The only disagreement I have with this is that it assumes the whole affair is an unwitting error on M123's part - also assumed by the OP. I do not assume this. It may ultimately be the case, but if it is, all they need suffer is some embarrassing emails to customers to let them know that discounted non-blem orders will not be shipping. At this stage, M123 is aware of the error - if it is an error - and they have the option re. whether or not to ship items purchased with the code. I don't think they'd be in the wrong not to. If they decide to go ahead at this point, they do so knowingly and entirely at their discretion.

Not saying this to start an argument with you. Wouldn't want that - I really like you as a forumite and always enjoy your posts. I'm just thinking that we might be assuming too quickly that this was a mistake.

• Members

Logic fail.

What if I said it was a bayonette, but with a club instead of a knife at the end, that did the innocent puppy bludgeoning? Then my logic becomes airtight, I think.

• Members

The only disagreement I have with this is that it assumes the whole affair is an unwitting error on M123's part - also assumed by the OP. I do not assume this. It may ultimately be the case, but if it is, all they need suffer is some embarrassing emails to customers to let them know that discounted non-blem orders will not be shipping. At this stage, M123 is aware of the error - if it is an error - and they have the option re. whether or not to ship items purchased with the code. I don't think they'd be in the wrong not to. If they decide to go ahead at this point, they do so knowingly and entirely at their discretion.

Not saying this to start an argument with you. Wouldn't want that - I really like you as a forumite and always enjoy your posts. I'm just thinking that we might be assuming too quickly that this was a mistake.

+1

Personally, I'd have a problem with knowingly taking advantage of a mistake. Given all the possibilities, if I had the cash, I would likely buy something.

The points I made earlier today addressed the issue of knowingly taking advantage. Ultimately, to each his own.

• Members

What if I said it was a bayonette, but with a club instead of a knife at the end, that did the innocent puppy bludgeoning? Then my logic becomes airtight, I think.

No reason you can't bludgeon with the butt of a gun. It's like drinking with a spoon when you could just pick up the glass, but it's possible.

• Members

Logic fail.

The point of that post was that shooting the puppy would be too humane, too quick and easy. Bludgeoning the puppy is much more cruel and brutal, and much more comparable to using that 25% code.

Now, a shady 10% off code, that would be comparable to just shooting the pup. Still wrong, but a little less evil.

• Members

No reason you can't bludgeon with the butt of a gun. It's like drinking with a spoon when you could just pick up the glass, but it's possible.

Makes sense to me. At the end of the day some of us will be raising our glasses with new Music123 guitars, and some of us will just be raising our glasses.

Hopefully nobody will be bludgeoning innocent puppies or holding their parents for ransom or burglarizing their local (unlocked) Guitar Center.

• Members

Hopefully nobody will be bludgeoning innocent puppies or holding their parents for ransom or burglarizing their local (unlocked) Guitar Center.

Not yet anyway. But shady blem discount codes are a slippery slope to much greater horrors.

• Members

The point of that post was that shooting the puppy would be too humane, too quick and easy. Bludgeoning the puppy is much more cruel and brutal, and much more comparable to using that 25% code.

Now, a shady 10% off code, that would be comparable to just shooting the pup. Still wrong, but a little less evil.

Shooting it in the paw and letting it bleed to death would however be more like a 20% off code

• Members

Shooting it in the paw and letting it bleed to death would however be more like a 20% off code

I'd say that's pretty damn accurate.

Kicking it down the street block after block the way you kind of kick a rock along with you while you are walking is pretty darned near 50% off. What do you think?

Archived