BUY NOW with this code, before they noticed....

orbm1

• Members

Morality is a human invention. I'll sleep quite soundly with my 25% discount, but thanks for trying to save my soul (another human invention).

Ever since I placed my order I cannot see my reflection in the mirror, and I noticed that I no longer cast a shadow.

I'm sure it's nothing, though.

• Replies 220
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

The worst part about this whole thing is I've suddenly turned into a tight wad that doesn't want to spend a cent on anything, even if it is a possible 25% off. Money used to burn a hole in my pocket. Not sure what's going on with me lately.

• Members

Ever since I placed my order I cannot see my reflection in the mirror, and I noticed that I no longer cast a shadow.

I'm sure it's nothing, though.

Tonight's forecast: scattered locust storms with increasing plague towards morning

• Members

i too hopped on a Taylor 814ce. Actually had a Taylor 214ce in cart but decided "oh {censored} it" and wen't for the one i really want. this is a lifetime guitar for me, one which I have been lusting after for years.

got order confirmation / number but considering the magnitude of the discount plus it being back ordered until 7/13 i am not holding my breath. $2249 shipped. I saw one in my local GC which fell off the hook and had a huge gouge on the bottom thru the wood, splitting the back with a 2" crack. price? $2100 + 8% tax.

no brainer for me. I've been butthurt many times by the corporations (shipped used, returned merchandise instead of new, then shipping me exact same guitar again, other orders missing pieces, crappy packing jobs, etc) and don't feel pity on them for this screw up.

besides, wholesale on the 814ce is around $2200 so they still made ~ $50 on me. And averaging over thousands of orders per day, they are still making a very healthy profit. I'm not losing any sleep over it

• Members

I'm a bit surprised paricularly with the number of sigs praising Jesus that no one has even mentioned the moral and ethical issue here.

Technically this is fraud, and Omar has technically committed conspiracy to commit fraud. From a legal perspective, entering a code you know is fraudulent to receive monetary compensation you aren't entitled to is larceny, but for some reason it's OK because it's a good deal on guitars? How about the poor schmuck that loses his job because he shipped out a few items without checking the code first. I'm really surprised that so many folks here are this cynical. Would you also walk away from a cashier at Walmart that handed you too much change knowing that they'd have to pay it out of their pocket or lose their job?

The title of this thread could also read "hurry, quick way to steal money from unsuspecting idiots". Would it still have such a high approval?

Sorry, but this is wrong, plain and simple.

ken

Ladies and Gentleman, Buzz Killington

• Members
This frenzy kinda reminds me of the looters running amok after a natural disaster. Just sayin'.

No that would be outright destruction and stealing of property, not applying a discount code to a perfectly legal transaction :facepalm:

• Members

This is f'd up. I'm SO on the verge of ordering a Yammie LL16...

Realistically, though, I'm wodering if I really need this enough to warrant sending my wife to jail for my murder (though I'm pretty sure she'd be acquitted). I have an acoustic that I love, so what's my problem??? What niche would the Yammie fill... other than the awesome rose dread niche...?

:facepalm:

• Members
This is f'd up. I'm SO on the verge of ordering a Yammie LL16...

Realistically, though, I'm wodering if I really need this enough to warrant sending my wife to jail for my murder (though I'm pretty sure she'd be acquitted). I have an acoustic that I love, so what's my problem??? What niche would the Yammie fill... other than the awesome rose dread niche...?

I had one of those LL16's in my cart last night before I envisioned the same scenario. Same boat too, I have a couple acoustics I love, and I really have no need for that Yamaha other than to fill that old "awesome rose dread" niche like you said.

I can't believe I've been this good so far. I'm just dying to know if anyone gets a ship confirmation today on any of this gear.

• Members

MAN this summer has been like THE summer for buying guitar stuff or w/e because I just got a MD350C for 799 on sale MSRP 1699 and then i price matched it for $776

and then yesterday i price matched it again for $599, so about $177 credit back on my card

how with that $177 i used it to buy other stuff like an amp and along with that 25% off, I got an small combo amp and a nice leather strap all together for 67 bucks (the unfortunate thing is I already ordered an amp from samedaymusic the same day in the morning for $60, so now I will have 2 of the same amps)

• Members
You come here, having never posted anything here before, ever, and you write this?

My apologies for coming off as a jerk--I've never been motivated to post before but this thread struck a chord with me because of a recent somewhat-parallel event in my life. Although I don't think post-count should matter when it comes to a person's opinions, I agree that I was a bit rude.

My company recently closed our engineering facility and laid everyone off. At our exit meeting we were given extremely generous severance packages and I noticed that, due to a clerical error, I was given something like 4 months additional full pay that I was not entitled to. When I told the HR representative about the error, people around me looked at me as though I were insane. But... I didn't earn the money and it seemed wrong to take it.

This thread reminded me of that moment and how I felt totally conflicted--I was clearly the crazy one in the room since I don't think anyone agreed with me. This thread is making me feel insane again. I don't think I would feel right taking advantage of Music123's error, but honestly this affects me not at all and if others are fine with it, then rock on.

Judging others is wrong and I apologize for letting my bad mood over my situation get the better of me. :(

Archived